Linfield v Glenavon

I'm going to this on Saturday with my daughter - really looking forward to it. It will be only the second time I've been to Belfast and the first cup final there. We went to watch Linfield v Glentoran when we visited three years ago and loved it. My daughter has got her Linfield training top and will be bringing her Linfield vuvuzela from last time. The weather forecast doesn't look too good but hopefully it will be a great day.

2 hours ago, CraigG said:

I'm going to this on Saturday with my daughter - really looking forward to it. It will be only the second time I've been to Belfast and the first cup final there. We went to watch Linfield v Glentoran when we visited three years ago and loved it. My daughter has got her Linfield training top and will be bringing her Linfield vuvuzela from last time. The weather forecast doesn't look too good but hopefully it will be a great day.

Hope you both enjoy a great day out , and fingers crossed that David Healy lifts his first trophy as a manager.

The football is not always the greatest , but there's no doubting the players commitment and the atmosphere at the redeveloped Windsor should be good . The Cup Final always was a good day .

I was at the 92 final between the same clubs at the oval and my abiding memory of it is of the Linfield fans having running scraps with the RUC all the way from the oval to the city centre . Nobody got lifted , just scooped into the back of the landrover then dropped off further along with some bruises for souvenirs .

Audaces Fortuna Juvat   :ulster::21::21::uk:

5 hours ago, CraigG said:

hope you enjoy your day,should be a cracking atmosphere,cmon the 1/2s

new stadium nearly finished

51 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

hope you enjoy your day,should be a cracking atmosphere,cmon the 1/2s

new stadium nearly finished

The Park is looking good .

I'm looking forward to visiting once it's completed , will certainly make a change fro sitting in the old South stand or standing on the Kop . Pity the old viewing lounge was a casualty of the upgrade though .

1 minute ago, Fred H Crawford said:

The Park is looking good .

I'm looking forward to visiting once it's completed , will certainly make a change fro sitting in the old South stand or standing on the Kop . Pity the old viewing lounge was a casualty of the upgrade though .

viewing lounge home of legends!

Just now, bluedylan said:

viewing lounge home of legends!

Aye , spent a few second halves in there in the early 90's when it made the trip seem a wee bit more worthwhile when the Blues were struggling on the park.Was usually the only time I had solid food over the weekend .

1 minute ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Aye , spent a few second halves in there in the early 90's when it made the trip seem a wee bit more worthwhile when the Blues were struggling on the park.Was usually the only time I had solid food over the weekend .

Starting to play well this season and crowds have increased ,best in years,plenty of young kids attending which is great to see

Just now, bluedylan said:

Starting to play well this season and crowds have increased ,best in years,plenty of young kids attending which is great to see

Good to hear mate , last game i managed to get to was a europa qualifier against a team from the faroes just before the 12th a couple of seasons ago . Took my son with me and he caught the bug and is desperate to go back , so hopefully will get over before too long . Looking forward to see how Healy does with a full season , some of the young players look the part from the clips i've seen , Smyth & Millar in particular .

6 hours ago, CraigG said:

Weather is supposed to be cracker over the weekend mate. Hope you have a good day. If you see Neil Lennon at Windsor, don't throw things at him, it'll just be my wee ginger mate from darts. He's a dead ringer for old popcorn teeth!

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 6:06 PM, wullyRFC said:

I went to watch Clydebank the other week will just be the same but with vuvuzelas to make the shit football less bearable

I remember getting taking to see the Bankies as a lad by my club team Singer United, and an Alsatian dog ran on to the pitch and was the most skilful thing on the ball. Some years later it was Gazza at a testimonial. Never seen so many of the older lads from my area so drunk. In good voice though :) 

A few years after that the grass was up to my arse and I was in the directors box with a bottle of Buckie smoking fags wondering what had happened :anguish:

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:43 PM, Sam English Loyal said:

Weather is supposed to be cracker over the weekend mate. Hope you have a good day. If you see Neil Lennon at Windsor, don't throw things at him, it'll just be my wee ginger mate from darts. He's a dead ringer for old popcorn teeth!

:lol:

Watched this yesterday. Wanted Linfield to win and looked like that other lot were a bit heavy in the tackle.

Thought I heard Super (Linfield) and Fathers Advice but not sure as some old dude (Legend it seems) wouldn't shut his gub :)

First twenty minutes Linfield looked in control but was all helter-skelter for lots of it. Thought Glenavon were a bit dirty with elbows, dives, and grabs going on all over the place.

Was also a bit gutted as Linfield gave us cash in our most desperate time of need. Hopefully they win it next year :)

15 hours ago, William McBeath said:

:lol:

Watched this yesterday. Wanted Linfield to win and looked like that other lot were a bit heavy in the tackle.

Thought I heard Super (Linfield) and Fathers Advice but not sure as some old dude (Legend it seems) wouldn't shut his gub :)

First twenty minutes Linfield looked in control but was all helter-skelter for lots of it. Thought Glenavon were a bit dirty with elbows, dives, and grabs going on all over the place.

Was also a bit gutted as Linfield gave us cash in our most desperate time of need. Hopefully they win it next year :)

I usually don't want to see State Sponsored FC doing well but with Healey as their boss I'm actually hoping they win the league title next season.

As for the Irish cup, that's Coleraine's next year ? (aye right). Glenavon are a decent side but terribly inconsistent. The elbowing and grabbing are typical though. 

At least it was Glenavon that lifted the cup, not the league's token republicans Chickenville. Watched it on TV. Wasn't a bad game for a cup final. 

3 hours ago, Sam English Loyal said:

I usually don't want to see State Sponsored FC doing well but with Healey as their boss I'm actually hoping they win the league title next season.

As for the Irish cup, that's Coleraine's next year ? (aye right). Glenavon are a decent side but terribly inconsistent. The elbowing and grabbing are typical though. 

At least it was Glenavon that lifted the cup, not the league's token republicans Chickenville. Watched it on TV. Wasn't a bad game for a cup final. 

State sponsored FC.....FUCK OFF, you sound like a shinner ffs

We had a great day, despite the result. Apart from the first 10 minutes or so, I thought Linfield played poorly and Glenavon deserved to win. Most importantly for me was seeing my 9 year old daughter full of excitement and singing along with the songs. We're hoping to find some cheap flights again next season and come over as often as possible.

3 hours ago, bluedylan said:

State sponsored FC.....FUCK OFF, you sound like a shinner ffs

Lolz. Just a wee good natured dig. 

There are Rangers men in Ulster that support other clubs besides Linfield ye know. 

Anyway, I'm a Bear first and foremost. Northern Ireland 2nd and the Bannsiders a distant third. So away and take yer face for a shite ya greetin hoor ye.

:uk:

Shinner my balls!

17 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

Lolz. Just a wee good natured dig. 

There are Rangers men in Ulster that support other clubs besides Linfield ye know. 

Anyway, I'm a Bear first and foremost. Northern Ireland 2nd and the Bannsiders a distant third. So away and take yer face for a shite ya greetin hoor ye.

:uk:

Shinner my balls!

Aye they all hate Linfield but do not mind taking the blue pound...remind you of some other team. We put a 1000 on the gate at Coleraine,they bring 50 down to Windsor.We have been sponsoring the Irish League since 1886:)

56 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Aye they all hate Linfield but do not mind taking the blue pound...remind you of some other team. We put a 1000 on the gate at Coleraine,they bring 50 down to Windsor.We have been sponsoring the Irish League since 1886:)

I don't "hate" Linfield. I don't even dislike them that much. There are only two clubs in the Irish league that I hate. The scumbags from solitude and the Ballymena Spoonburners. 

You're a touchy little fella aren't ye? 

:D

13 minutes ago, Sam English Loyal said:

I don't "hate" Linfield. I don't even dislike them that much. There are only two clubs in the Irish league that I hate. The scumbags from solitude and the Ballymena Spoonburners. 

You're a touchy little fella aren't ye? 

:D

just a low tolerance of culchies:P