wes or gilks

wes or gilks  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who is ur first choice keeper

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Wes has mistakes in him.  I think there's a good chance our support will turn on Wes this season.  It will be interesting to come back and view this topic in a years time.

All keepers can make mistakes even Goram lost some poor goals . I agree with you though that I think the fans will be harder to please this season so might not be as forgiving if a mistake is made . I think the way the manager has us playing out from the back will at times cost us unfortunately and the goalie (whoever it is) will take the blame . Wes needs to work a bit more on his concentration levels but I would imagine he will be kept busier this season and having a decent back up will also help his focus .

1 hour ago, Fred H Crawford said:

All keepers can make mistakes even Goram lost some poor goals . I agree with you though that I think the fans will be harder to please this season so might not be as forgiving if a mistake is made . I think the way the manager has us playing out from the back will at times cost us unfortunately and the goalie (whoever it is) will take the blame . Wes needs to work a bit more on his concentration levels but I would imagine he will be kept busier this season and having a decent back up will also help his focus .

I can't actually think of a goal that's come from Wes with a bad pass. He's under so much pressure with the way we play, and rarely gives the ball away.

Made a few errors, but no more than a normal keeper. Goram, Klos and McGregor have all had howlers before. 

Added to that he's still young in goalkeeping terms. I'd stick with him. 

At the start of last season Wes was coming out and collecting corners and crossed balls.  By the time we reached the Cup Final that was no longer happening.  It could be a confidence thing I don't know but it's important that we have a keeper who can gather in those high balls.  Our side isn't the tallest and you can bet teams will throw everything at us when they get a set-piece next season.  Wes needs to up his game in that respect.