English Football

Clemdog

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Their squad is bang average though. 

It's really not.

James is one of the best right-backs in the world. Enzo Fernandez was one of the best midfielders at the world cup. Badiashile and Silva are both brilliant centre-backs. A fit Chilwell is one of the best left-backs in the league. Felix is a great forward. Sterling has shown for years how good he is.

This squad should comfortably be in the top 4 and they're just a striker and central midfielder away from being a very good team.

A top manager will get this team performing, just as Tuchel did after he took over from Lampard.

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

It's really not.

James is one of the best right-backs in the world. Enzo Fernandez was one of the best midfielders at the world cup. Badiashile and Silva are both brilliant centre-backs. A fit Chilwell is one of the best left-backs in the league. Felix is a great forward. Sterling has shown for years how good he is.

This squad should comfortably be in the top 4 and they're just a striker and central midfielder away from being a very good team.

A top manager will get this team performing, just as Tuchel did after he took over from Lampard.

It really is.

James and Chilwell are constantly injured. Chilwell isn’t particularly great.

Silva’s very good. Felix is good. Sterling is the biggest hit or miss player on the planet, either very good or shite. Their attack is dreadful. 

It shouldn’t be comfortably top 4 though should it? Arsenal, City, Liverpool and United all have better squads. Tottenham are on the same level as them too.

19 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It really is.

James and Chilwell are constantly injured. Chilwell isn’t particularly great.

Silva’s very good. Felix is good. Sterling is the biggest hit or miss player on the planet, either very good or shite. Their attack is dreadful. 

It shouldn’t be comfortably top 4 though should it? Arsenal, City, Liverpool and United all have better squads. Tottenham are on the same level as them too.

Is Utd's squad better? Casimero, Martinez and Rashford would get in Chelsea's, but would Dalot, Shaw, Weghorst, Antony, De Gea, Fernandes, Fred, McTominay, Sancho, Martial be any improvement? 

For Tottenham, other than Kane and maybe Kulusevski, who would they take? Son has been poor this season, but even including him that's only 3 and the rest of the team is bang average.

Similarly with Liverpool, they started with Elliot, Fabinho and Henderson at the weekend, none of them would be an improvement over Chelsea's options. Trent has been terrible this season, as has VVD and whoever has played next to him. Their front line is clearly better but the team as a whole I wouldn't say is that much further ahead.

Sterling is also having his first bad season in about a decade, which is hardly a coincidence. He's scored 10+ league goals in each of the last 5 seasons, averaging 16 (22 in all comps). That's pretty damn consistent. 

Football isn't played on paper, but player for player Chelsea are only behind City and Arsenal for me.

27 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Is Utd's squad better? Casimero, Martinez and Rashford would get in Chelsea's, but would Dalot, Shaw, Weghorst, Antony, De Gea, Fernandes, Fred, McTominay, Sancho, Martial be any improvement? 

For Tottenham, other than Kane and maybe Kulusevski, who would they take? Son has been poor this season, but even including him that's only 3 and the rest of the team is bang average.

Similarly with Liverpool, they started with Elliot, Fabinho and Henderson at the weekend, none of them would be an improvement over Chelsea's options. Trent has been terrible this season, as has VVD and whoever has played next to him. Their front line is clearly better but the team as a whole I wouldn't say is that much further ahead.

Sterling is also having his first bad season in about a decade, which is hardly a coincidence. He's scored 10+ league goals in each of the last 5 seasons, averaging 16 (22 in all comps). That's pretty damn consistent. 

Football isn't played on paper, but player for player Chelsea are only behind City and Arsenal for me.

DDG, Shaw and Fernandes all get in and I don’t even think you can argue it.

Romero as much as he’s a liability gets in, Bentancur gets in, Lloris probably gets in, Son gets in. Think arguments can be made for Hojberg and Kulusevski. Kane of course gets in.

That’ll be down to the fact that Thiago and Bajcetic were injured, front three all get into Chelsea’s team, as does VVD, Robertson, Allison, and I’d take either of Thiago/Bajcetic.

18 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Chelsea’s squad is just fucking garbage. 

Its basically been mindless spending. Imagine what you could do with a pot of cash like that and an actual plan?? I think somewhere deep inside, I actually prefer to be working with budgets such as those of Rangers rather than someone like Chelsea. In a lot of ways we get so much more for our money than they do. Spent something like 500 million and have fuck all to show for it.

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Red card all day long silly boy

Personally I dont like to see those being given as reds. Kane is coming though kicking and the boy reacts a little.. give them a talking to and get on with it. Was just watching the local derby here in the Faroes and there was a pretty identical situation... ref talked to the two and got on with it. Much prefer it. Unless its Rangers player, obviously.

Was listening to Talk sport on the way home from work there, and Danny Murphy was not happy with Harry Kane, saying it was a sending off with the initial foul, but Kane took a dive with the intent to make sure he was sent off. 

Not seen it yet so don't have an opinion on it 

16 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Was listening to Talk sport on the way home from work there, and Danny Murphy was not happy with Harry Kane, saying it was a sending off with the initial foul, but Kane took a dive with the intent to make sure he was sent off. 

Not seen it yet so don't have an opinion on it 

I only saw it briefly and it looked that way to me.

47 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Conte wasn't wrong about spurs soft as shite 

Dont understand how everyone is saying he shouldnt have done what he did. He was completely right and someone had to fucking say it. He knew he was aways so had an opportunity to say a few things. Quite right.