Who is to blame?

thehost

37 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It's the current boards job to find these people and get them involved, or did you think their job was simply to turn up at games with the blazer on and sit in the comfy seats. 

I agree but that's not what we're talking about. The original point was if King can't provide the finance get him out and get someone else in. Well that's the way I read it anyway.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

I agree but that's not what we're talking about. The original point was if King can't provide the finance get him out and get someone else in. Well that's the way I read it anyway.

If he ends up standing in the way of investment because his ego can't take not being in full control then he becomes part of problem. 

5 hours ago, jackrfc95 said:

In my opinion that's almost impossible because of the lack of finance in Scottish football. Why would any businessman want to put his own money into Rangers for absolutely nothing in return?

You are the one that proposed the scenario.  I only responded to it.

you have now changed the question.  why would any businessman want to put his own money into Rangers for nothing in return?       Well I'd say ask Dave King that, he is the one that promised to do exactly that.

16 hours ago, BroomloanBear said:

Win at all costs. Its the short sighted behaviour thats blighted scottish football for years. Im noting every negative poster on here and will be sending a prompt reminder when we get back on top. This season was always consolidation and challange at a push. Its a young improving team granted wilson and kiernon need replaced but i for one am willing to put faith in the manager thats got me excited to watch my team again 

Barton, Miller, Kranjcar, Senderos. Aye a young improving team.

55 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

NOT in our boardroom.

Tell us who is interested in buying out King,Taylor,Ashley,Easdale,Park,Letham do tell.Give us 2/3 individuals or financial institutions who you know or think would be interested in buying into Rangers. Yourself sir along with a few others do not like DK and that is entirely up to you.I am no great fan either as I believe that all business men are exactly that first and foremost but you have not come up with one solid name/individual/or institution who you know or believe would be interested in buying out any of the above major shareholders and investing the money that you and others want.I did not see any of these potential investors stepping forward including King when SDM had the club up for sale.I also did not see any apart from the above stepping forward with investment when the club was floated by CG. I ask again give us some names of people who are or would be interested in investing in the club.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

You are the one that proposed the scenario.  I only responded to it.

you have now changed the question.  why would any businessman want to put his own money into Rangers for nothing in return?       Well I'd say ask Dave King that, he is the one that promised to do exactly that.

Dave King is a businessman like any other, I'm not denying that. However, he is the only one that actually took any action against the previous board. He managed to get rid of them and personally I'm thankful he did. Who knows where we would have been if he hadn't.

My original point was that since the new board came in we've got a new manager, 25 new players in 3 transfer windows, a dramatically improved style of football, won the championship and now we're ready to challenge in the SPL with a half decent squad.

I know this looks like I think the sun shines out Dave Kings arse. I know he's no saint and yes we obviously need investment going forward, all I'm saying is I'm fairly happy with the progress that's been made so far.

12 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Tell us who is interested in buying out King,Taylor,Ashley,Easdale,Park,Letham do tell.Give us 2/3 individuals or financial institutions who you know or think would be interested in buying into Rangers. Yourself sir along with a few others do not like DK and that is entirely up to you.I am no great fan either as I believe that all business men are exactly that first and foremost but you have not come up with one solid name/individual/or institution who you know or believe would be interested in buying out any of the above major shareholders and investing the money that you and others want.I did not see any of these potential investors stepping forward including King when SDM had the club up for sale.I also did not see any apart from the above stepping forward with investment when the club was floated by CG. I ask again give us some names of people who are or would be interested in investing in the club.

The Yank, Sarver, was interested but wanted control. He was, to quote DK, a distraction. Maybe so but he has money.

Just now, Corky True Legend said:

The Yank, Sarver, was interested but wanted control. He was, to quote DK, a distraction. Maybe so but he has money.

IF he was interested and IF he thought that he could do a good job and turn things round WHY did he not pay the money and buy himself into the club regardless of what DK said.Not being funny but you don't know as I don't know why he didn't but if he felt that he could achieve something surely a successful business man would have pushed on regardless of DK etc.

3 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

IF he was interested and IF he thought that he could do a good job and turn things round WHY did he not pay the money and buy himself into the club regardless of what DK said.Not being funny but you don't know as I don't know why he didn't but if he felt that he could achieve something surely a successful business man would have pushed on regardless of DK etc.

As I understand it, and I may well be wrong, it was because he was blocked by existing shareholders, particularly the FO organisations who would not/could not sell to him.

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

As I understand it, and I may well be wrong, it was because he was blocked by existing shareholders, particularly the FO organisations who would not/could not sell to him.

Well we will never know the whole story but why didn't they want to sell there has to be a reason if that was the case and as we all know everything has a price just depends how much you want to pay.

1 hour ago, Corky True Legend said:

C'mon Corky, we've had this conversation before.

It wasn't King that said that, and Sarver is on record saying the then board wouldn't even talk with him, Ashley's placemen. That's who Served blamed.

As for getting an answer from BA about who these money men willing to take over are lol. You've no chance, he just likes to throw out all sorts of shite, howl at the moon, but never any sane solution or alternative. 

The truth is, if we were to win next week these posts would disappear for a few weeks until we drop points again. The negativity is a vast over reaction. Four games played and we're sitting pretty despite some poor performances. What happens when we start hitting form? I agree that the title this year may be a bit beyond us given the circumstances, however if we qualify for Europe then next season we should expect a real challenge. Having said all that though there is no chance that Celtic will win all their games this season. They will drop points too when the European nights kick in. It's up to us to capitalize on that........

Some missing the point again, it's not about this one or that it's about investment. It's the boards job to find that investment and get it into the club. The last lot were a shambles at doing just that and this lot aren't going much better. 

If they can't find investment or won't because they refuse to give up some control then we are going to just plod along winning nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Some missing the point again, it's not about this one or that it's about investment. It's the boards job to find that investment and get it into the club. The last lot were a shambles at doing just that and this lot aren't going much better. 

If they can't find investment or won't because they refuse to give up some control then we are going to just plod along winning nothing. 

Do you think the board are not trying to find alternative investment. Perhaps the reason they are stuggling to find decent investment is that no one with real investment is interested in investing in the backwater of European football.People invest to get something back, might be for profit,might be for advertising,promoting a name or service.These people have to weigh up the outlay/investment v return and perhaps as much as some maybe don't want to admit it at this time we as a club and Scottish football are not exactly at the top of the outlay v return table. If there is nothing to get back from their investment well it wont matter who the board is they are not going to invest.

8 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Do you think the board are not trying to find alternative investment. Perhaps the reason they are stuggling to find decent investment is that no one with real investment is interested in investing in the backwater of European football.People invest to get something back, might be for profit,might be for advertising,promoting a name or service.These people have to weigh up the outlay/investment v return and perhaps as much as some maybe don't want to admit it at this time we as a club and Scottish football are not exactly at the top of the outlay v return table. If there is nothing to get back from their investment well it wont matter who the board is they are not going to invest.

Our share price is rock bottom it only has one way to go, we are back in the top flight and with proper investment on the verge of CL football. You can't fail to make money on a share purchase, of course the fact the board refuse to relist us on any stock exchange isn't exactly holding the door open and inviting folk in. 

No one is saying it will be easy but that's not an excuse for just letting the club plod along because of under investment. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Our share price is rock bottom it only has one way to go, we are back in the top flight and with proper investment on the verge of CL football. You can't fail to make money on a share purchase, of course the fact the board refuse to relist us on any stock exchange isn't exactly holding the door open and inviting folk in. 

I will ask again who are these people you think are waiting at the door?who are these people wanting to spend/invest in any form of major investment in the club whether it be advertising,sponsorship whatever form that investment might take not just buying out existing shareholders.I am not up to speed with legal side of things and whether the dubious court cases etc have any effect on the share/stock exchange scenario but would you be interested in investing in any business with dubious court cases hanging over it, poor retail deals etc etc no one quite certain what way things are going to go.I very much doubt it.

24 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

I will ask again who are these people you think are waiting at the door?who are these people wanting to spend/invest in any form of major investment in the club whether it be advertising,sponsorship whatever form that investment might take not just buying out existing shareholders.I am not up to speed with legal side of things and whether the dubious court cases etc have any effect on the share/stock exchange scenario but would you be interested in investing in any business with dubious court cases hanging over it, poor retail deals etc etc no one quite certain what way things are going to go.I very much doubt it.

It will be OK. Club 1872 will have oodles of money and now that RATkinson is back on the scene (again) we can exect miracles.

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

It will be OK. Club 1872 will have oodles of money and now that RATkinson is back on the scene (again) we can exect miracles.

Sorry sir take nothing to do with any of that kind of stuff to be honest.Not particularly interested in any of those groups or individuals.Like many I buy my ST go along and support the team.Dont feel the need to be part of any particular fans group but up to each individual to do what they want.

28 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

I will say it again, I don't walk in those circles I'm not on the board it's there job to find these people and sell the club as a good investment. The court cases aren't hanging over us we are the ones bringing those cases. 

Again it's up to the board to sell the club to potential investors. 

Why are you so against the board doing their actual job?

5 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

Sorry sir take nothing to do with any of that kind of stuff to be honest.Not particularly interested in any of those groups or individuals.Like many I buy my ST go along and support the team.Dont feel the need to be part of any particular fans group but up to each individual to do what they want.

In my opinion, it is their involvement which is a major stumbling block to serious investment. They want to run the Club, or at least hinder others from doing so, but not to put up serious money. Respect to you sir, for doing your bit without chasing the glory.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I will say it again, I don't walk in those circles I'm not on the board it's there job to find these people and sell the club as a good investment. The court cases aren't hanging over us we are the ones bringing those cases. 

Again it's up to the board to sell the club to potential investors. 

Why are you so against the board doing their actual job?

I am not against the board doing their actual job where have I said that.Like you I do not know what goes on at boardroom level  as none of us walk in those circles as you say.You are the one who seems to think they are not doing their job and attracting investment.I am merely pointing out that perhaps,just perhaps we are not as good and attractive investment as some seem to think.Perhaps the board are trying to attract investment but no one is interested has this occurred to you.Perhaps existing share holders are not interested in selling their shares at rock bottom as you say to someone else who will then see them go the only way you say they will go which is up according to you.What IF an existing shareholder/s did sell their shares at rock bottom and what IF that buyer invested in the team to push for the title and what IF that push was successful and what IF they qualified for CL football after playing 2/3 qualifying rounds and what IF they get knocked out by another Malmo and what IF without CL football income we are left like in the past with players getting paid tens of thousands a week to play against the might of European football in Partick Thistle and what IF those shares that were on the up are now rapidly on the down.Theres a lot of IFs in there maybe to many for most if not all potential investors.

11 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

In my opinion, it is their involvement which is a major stumbling block to serious investment. They want to run the Club, or at least hinder others from doing so, but not to put up serious money. Respect to you sir, for doing your bit without chasing the glory.

I don't know anyone involved in any fans groups to be honest.There are 15/6 of us who travel mostly to the home games and every one of us is a ST holder and all we want to do is go to the game and watch Rangers winning.Most of us are old enough to remember the days of Mr Greig and before so we know we will have our good and bad days.None of us really interested in the politics and good or bad we leave the big business to the men who are business men.We don't claim to have the answers to big business and that's my point on here.Like most we just want a simple life and to see the team winning again.Then going back to the club and getting foooo. 

23 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

I am not against the board doing their actual job where have I said that.Like you I do not know what goes on at boardroom level  as none of us walk in those circles as you say.You are the one who seems to think they are not doing their job and attracting investment.I am merely pointing out that perhaps,just perhaps we are not as good and attractive investment as some seem to think.Perhaps the board are trying to attract investment but no one is interested has this occurred to you.Perhaps existing share holders are not interested in selling their shares at rock bottom as you say to someone else who will then see them go the only way you say they will go which is up according to you.What IF an existing shareholder/s did sell their shares at rock bottom and what IF that buyer invested in the team to push for the title and what IF that push was successful and what IF they qualified for CL football after playing 2/3 qualifying rounds and what IF they get knocked out by another Malmo and what IF without CL football income we are left like in the past with players getting paid tens of thousands a week to play against the might of European football in Partick Thistle and what IF those shares that were on the up are now rapidly on the down.Theres a lot of IFs in there maybe to many for most if not all potential investors.

If everybody went around going "What If" then nothing would get done. 

They will need to find somebody eventually because I don't think for a minute that the 3bears and the Parks are a bottomless pit and King has lied through his teeth about his own investment, so eventually we will money from somewhere.