Holt Waghorn and McKay

Bobthemod

8 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

.... but many of the negative opinions are Moaning  and are neither constructive nor backed up with reasoning ( excluding yours of course) - I accentuate the positive because many accentuate only the negative 

What if I was to tell you that Barrie McKay sits up to at least 6am in the morning playing Fifa and then goes to training off the back of it.

Would you even believe me or would you make excuses for him?

Reason I say I know someone who done work in his house (astrotuf in a big converted loft for kicking a ball about - pretty impressive apparently) and was doing early starts to get the job finished a lot of mornings he'd go round to start and he'd been up all night playing the computer with no sleep. I know he's young but I don't think that's very professional and is bound to hamper his performances.

I can't make excuses for that personally.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

What if I was to tell you that Barrie McKay sits up to at least 6am in the morning playing Fifa and then goes to training off the back of it.

Reason I say I know someone who done work in his house (astrotuf in a big converted loft for kicking a ball about - pretty impressive apparently) and was doing early starts to get the job finished a lot of mornings he'd go round to start and he'd been up all night playing the computer with no sleep. I know he's young but I don't think that's very professional and is bound to hamper his performances.

Personally I think your a fantasist or gullible with these wee homilies you trot out every now and then 

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So Barrie couldn't just have woke up early to let your mate in and in the process switched on a game of Fifa?

He's obviously seen as a bit of a scapegoat amongst the fans but thats a joke!

1 minute ago, MolsGoals said:

So Barrie couldn't just have woke up early to let your mate in and in the process switched on a game of Fifa?

That's the first thing I said too but apparently up all night.

Believe it or not - don't care. Was wondering BP9's thoughts on it (if he believed it)

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No

If I'm being honest I'm not sure if I totally buy it myself. The guy seemed sure and seemed a sensible guy but it's Mckay's quality and decision making rather than fitness levels that isn't upto scratch (IMO) - you'd assume if he was tired from being up all night it would eventually flag in Warburton's fitness and hydration tests he's meant to do at Auchenhowie.

I was just wondering what your thoughts on the rumour is - I don't care if you don't believe it really it's you calling me a fantasist and gullible because you can't handle the truth when myself and/or others have told you - including things I know to be 100% fact and you chose to put your hand in the sand or call me a liar.

20 minutes ago, MolsGoals said:

No, he's in my ProClubs team.

If you want to join and play/see add me on PSN - billybigdinner

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

If I'm being honest I'm not sure if I totally buy it myself. The guy seemed sure and seemed a sensible guy but it's Mckay's quality and decision making rather than fitness levels that isn't upto scratch (IMO) - you'd assume if he was tired from being up all night it would eventually flag in Warburton's fitness and hydration tests he's meant to do at Auchenhowie.

I was just wondering what your thoughts on the rumour is - I don't care if you don't believe it really it's you calling me a fantasist and gullible because you can't handle the truth when myself and/or others have told you - including things I know to be 100% fact and you chose to put your hand in the sand or call me a liar.

Don't think I've ever called you a liar - I think you believe the stuff you post but that makes you a Fantasist or gullible 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Don't think I've ever called you a liar - I think you believe the stuff you post but that makes you a Fantasist or gullible 

Yes you have called me a liar.

Does that also include the stuff I've witnessed and know has happened for a fact? does that still make me gullible or a fantasist when I know something for an absolute fact?

Just now, K.A.I said:

Yes you have called me a liar.

Does that also include the stuff I've witnessed and know has happened for a fact? does that still make me gullible or a fantasist when I know something for an absolute fact?

Calling someone a liar does seem out of character for me - perhaps it's another of your fantasies? 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Is that the best you got - dementia - ach your right - and  perhaps it'll make me forget some of the bull you spout.

and some of the truths that you can't handle/doesn't fit with your wee mindset.

I think Waghorn is a confidence player, look at last season when he was scoring for fun, he was trying lobs from the hallway line and was arguably our best player before he got injured. Once he starts scoring he'll kick on and will be everyone's first name on the team sheet imo.

Just now, Teddybear123 said:

I think Waghorn is a confidence player, look at last season when he was scoring for fun, he was trying lobs from the hallway line and was arguably our best player before he got injured. Once he starts scoring he'll kick on and will be everyone's first name on the team sheet imo.

You're probably right, a good goal could change his whole form. I wonder what the issue is though because that goal against Hamilton, on the half volley, was as a brilliant goal,

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

You're probably right, a good goal could change his whole form. I wonder what the issue is though because that goal against Hamilton, on the half volley, was as a brilliant goal,

How long after that was it that he got injured? Incidently I don't think his lack of goals/form is purely his fault, no one that plays in the front 3 has performed and I don't think that's a coincidence; they're not getting the service, and with Waghorn it's a downward spiral because he's a confidence player.

How long after that was it that he got injured? Incidently I don't think his lack of goals/form is purely his fault, no one that plays in the front 3 has performed and I don't think that's a coincidence; they're not getting the service, and with Waghorn it's a downward spiral because he's a confidence player.

It was during the same match, not long after. He looks a confidence player going by the performance he had against Inverness, where he tried to get that special goal. He looks as if he isn't as involved in the team as he was last year; even when he wasn't scoring last season he was taking the ball on.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It was during the same match, not long after. He looks a confidence player going by the performance he had against Inverness, where he tried to get that special goal. He looks as if he isn't as involved in the team as he was last year; even when he wasn't scoring last season he was taking the ball on.

I guess that explains it mate- killed his momentum because he was scoring in pre-season as well.

Definitely not as involved, i'd say he was the one player last season that would always have the beating of the full back.

It could be a fitness thing as well; if you remember when he first came Warbs kept going on about how waggy would get better and better as he played more games (might not have even been down to fitness but you can apply the same principle with him coming back from injury)

I guess that explains it mate- killed his momentum because he was scoring in pre-season as well.

Definitely not as involved, i'd say he was the one player last season that would always have the beating of the full back.

It could be a fitness thing as well; if you remember when he first came Warbs kept going on about how waggy would get better and better as he played more games (might not have even been down to fitness but you can apply the same principle with him coming back from injury)

I think it was his hamstring against Hamilton, and that can affect a player psychologically because of the type of injury it is. It might even be that.