Football Manager 2017 - Beta

TMB

I kinda lost interest in FM now, will probably pick it back up when the winter update is out.

In my game for example, the tims had the team they have now 1st season and strolled the league (I took them up the second last game, but only because I was doing pretty well and everyone else shite). Second season they sold Dembele, Tierney, Sviatchenko and Ajer for big money and didn't spend it, replaced them with bang average Spanish and Portugese players, and all of a sudden they are instantly shite.

Not saying I didn't like to see such a collapse but it made the game way too easy, all of a sudden I'm winning the league comfortably for the next 5 seasons. It happens every game no matter what league you manage in. If you manage in Italy, pretty much only Juventus will be close to you, Gemany it'll be Bayern. Every team in the game is far worse than they are at the start of the game and it just seems like pretty much PSG, and the big EPL teams have harvested all the talent and are content to loan out season after season and never sell.

I actually stopped playing that Rangers save because Brexit ruined the save, all of a sudden the Bosman rule was no longer, and I couldn't get a work permit for any player that either a. wasn't British, b. wasn't a current international, that means you either buy top quality players playing for their national team, or players from England, which clearly, Scottish teams can't afford given the inflation in prices this year, so all of a sudden I couldn't buy anyone I wanted and a lot of the smaller teams couldn't improve.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers_  Senior Fixtures-7.pngLadbrokes Premiership_ Overview Stages-6.png

Really unlucky not to qualify for the Last 16 this season :anger:

Won the league cup with 2 late goals from 2 new signings.

As mentioned above, once you get going with Rangers, it's pretty easy to dominate. I always keep a Rangers save open though which is the one I will go furthest in throughout the year.

I'll have another couple of seasons on this one before taking a break from it and starting a new save, in which I will go a team that aren't expected to do much and try and overachieve with them.

Rangers_  Senior Fixtures-8.pngLadbrokes Premiership_ Overview Stages-7.png

A superb home result against CSKA should hopefully see me through to the next round of the Europa. With 3 of my first team regulars missing too!

Got a replay against Dundee in the Scottish. Should I win that, I will face Airdrie at Ibrox for a spot in the semis.

League cup already in the bag and a 7 point lead at the top.

Rodgers looks like he'll be away this season. TLB being touted for the job :lol: 

1 hour ago, Mr Soprano said:

Rangers_  Senior Fixtures-8.pngLadbrokes Premiership_ Overview Stages-7.png

A superb home result against CSKA should hopefully see me through to the next round of the Europa. With 3 of my first team regulars missing too!

Got a replay against Dundee in the Scottish. Should I win that, I will face Airdrie at Ibrox for a spot in the semis.

League cup already in the bag and a 7 point lead at the top.

Rodgers looks like he'll be away this season. TLB being touted for the job :lol: 

Allan Johnston took over from Warburton in my game after 6 months :lol: 

Rangers_  Senior Fixtures-9.pngRangers_  Overview.pngLadbrokes Premiership_ Overview Stages-9.png

Canny quite believe how I just done that :lol:

Walter Smith eat yer heart out at times but I'm now in a semi against Chelsea and the Taigs are in the other one against Leverkusen :lol:

Probs my greatest ever Rangers save. Furthest I've been in Europe anyway.

38 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Rangers_  Senior Fixtures-9.pngRangers_  Overview.pngLadbrokes Premiership_ Overview Stages-9.png

Canny quite believe how I just done that :lol:

Walter Smith eat yer heart out at times but I'm now in a semi against Chelsea and the Taigs are in the other one against Leverkusen :lol:

Probs my greatest ever Rangers save. Furthest I've been in Europe anyway.

Just got put out CL groups, Wolfsburg, AC and Porto. 

Zach Clough is nowhere near as good as he has been in previous years as well.

14 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Just got put out CL groups, Wolfsburg, AC and Porto. 

Zach Clough is nowhere near as good as he has been in previous years as well.

That's a pretty mediocre group as well but I also struggle like fuck in the CL :lol: 

I signed this Brazilian cunt on a pre contract last night. He's 22 or something and his stats are fucking unreal. Agent negotiated a £7m release clause though :angry:

20 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

That's a pretty mediocre group as well but I also struggle like fuck in the CL :lol: 

I signed this Brazilian cunt on a pre contract last night. He's 22 or something and his stats are fucking unreal. Agent negotiated a £7m release clause though :angry:

A know man, fucking 1 nils galore apart from being pumped 4-0 off Porto.

Agents are brutal mate, got Andreas Pereira and his agent always puts it in his contract, was 4.2m then put it to 4.6m in my next contract offer. 

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A know man, fucking 1 nils galore apart from being pumped 4-0 off Porto.

Agents are brutal mate, got Andreas Pereira and his agent always puts it in his contract, was 4.2m then put it to 4.6m in my next contract offer. 

I've signed Viktor Fischer and Chuba Akpom on frees as well but no clauses thankfully.

Once he's in the door a couple of months, I'm gonny suggest he sacks his agent.

Denayer wants away as well to Monchengladbach. I told him he's no leaving for any less than £12m, the taig bastert.

7 minutes ago, CottonRunt said:

Just went a bit mental and brought in 12 players on pre contracts.

Had a huge transfer budget and put it all into wages, went from paying 300k p/w to 500k p/w :lol:

What season are you in mate and who did you sign? I found a few gems on bosmans.

5 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

I've signed Viktor Fischer and Chuba Akpom on frees as well but no clauses thankfully.

Once he's in the door a couple of months, I'm gonny suggest he sacks his agent.

Denayer wants away as well to Monchengladbach. I told him he's no leaving for any less than £12m, the taig bastert.

That's not too bad, Akpom was at the Taigs in mine I think.

Lucas Piazon on a free is brilliant, as is Pereira, only fee I've paid this season is Armstrong for 2m.

5 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Sign Weiss mate. What an impact he's made.

I'm actually spoiled for choice from middle to front. My defence isn't too bad either tbh.

Think if I sell any my wingers I'll buy him in the summer mate, Jack Grimmer, Jason McCarthy, Bailly Cargill and Wallace is my defence, all brilliant for me.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Think if I sell any my wingers I'll buy him in the summer mate, Jack Grimmer, Jason McCarthy, Bailly Cargill and Wallace is my defence, all brilliant for me.

What season are you in? I got Vlad on a free :UK:

2 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

What season are you in mate and who did you sign? I found a few gems on bosmans.

In Feb 2020.

I signed mostly young players to try and develop.  Think they are mostly regens.

Also signed Daniel Almeida, Moises Soriano, Phil Jones (still only 27 and took 10k a week, need to build up his fitness though as he's been without a club for a year.)

Got Jeremie Boga (Chelsea)

Adama Traore (Monaco)

Allan Saint-Maxim (Stade Rennais FC)

Joshua Onomah (Spurs)

Funny thing is Onomah is on loan at Celtic just now and tearing up the league, looking forward to getting him next season.  Really only went for him because i thought it would be funny!