Football Manager 2017 - Beta

TMB

Just got bored of a derby county save. The rangers job just came up after 3 seasons. Had derby sitting 3rd in the premier league, flying in the europa league, but alot of players were starting to annoy me by asking for wage rises. 

Anyway, resigned from Derby, managed to get the rangers job. Only to find out wallace and the star striker petkovic have transfers arranged. 

Hey ho. Still think i can win the league this season as theres some decent players. And ive managed to sign 3 of my reserves at derby who will be good in the scottish league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one i wont be buying for sure. Spend money on most of the games since FM12(the last one i actually rate and still play today). Remember the thread here for FM12 was hundreds of pages, the latter ones generate like 20-30 pages or so. Shit development and an absolute waste of money for the past few years imo. 

3 hours ago, demise said:

This one i wont be buying for sure. Spend money on most of the games since FM12(the last one i actually rate and still play today). Remember the thread here for FM12 was hundreds of pages, the latter ones generate like 20-30 pages or so. Shit development and an absolute waste of money for the past few years imo. 

I've been really disappointed in the last few years too. I don't think there has been a decent one since 2014 and even then they are not a patch on 11 and 12.

Tactically its now too far apart from replicating real life tactics. 

46 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've been really disappointed in the last few years too. I don't think there has been a decent one since 2014 and even then they are not a patch on 11 and 12.

Tactically its now too far apart from replicating real life tactics. 

The past few years i see no major difference in the match engine. The way players look when they run, like they are flying above the grass, is sickening me. Also the fact that every second cross goes directly in, and you can score from tight angles all the time, with the goalkeeper just staring. FM12 also has it bads, but at least the match engine is better, and so are the transfers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Given this another go with the data update for this season. 2 seasons in and I've won the league twice, Scottish cup twice and Europa in 2nd season(never bother about league cup) Beat PSG for super cup at start of 3rd season. Team is now based around 5 youth team players in McCrorie, Thomson, Wilson, Burt and Hardie who play week in week out. Still got Tav, Wallace, Dorrans and Jack but everyone else is gone. Brought in McLean,  Crawford and Walker. Quite enjoying it now that I got a tactic that works 99% of the time and help from YouTube videos.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

When's it oot shug?

I'm not sure when it's out exactly.  I just caught something on twitter the other day that hinted towards a new match engine.  One of the Devs said no one will be playing in 2D anymore and the system requirements have jumped up to 7GB ram.  The more realistic it looks the better so I'm sure most will welcome it.

Capture.PNG

8 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm not sure when it's out exactly.  I just caught something on twitter the other day that hinted towards a new match engine.  One of the Devs said no one will be playing in 2D anymore and the system requirements have jumped up to 7GB ram.  The more realistic it looks the better so I'm sure most will welcome it.

Capture.PNG

Hopefully this ain't the case! Much prefer the 2d to dodgy 3d plus my laptop only has 4GB RAM. If you want pretty 3D graphics play FIFA.

10 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Hopefully this ain't the case! Much prefer the 2d to dodgy 3d plus my laptop only has 4GB RAM. If you want pretty 3D graphics play FIFA.

You can buy RAM upgrades for laptops.  CEX do sticks of 8GB DDR3 for buttons.