29 years ago today

cr3_bear

Bit before my time but thought it was worth bringing a bit of cheer amongst everything else just now . One of those goals engrained in me from growing up watching all my rangers vhs and DVDs and am still not fed up watching it . Any you older bears there that day 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Bit before my time but thought it was worth bringing a bit of cheer amongst everything else just now . One of those goals engrained in me from growing up watching all my rangers vhs and am still not fed up watching it . Any you older bears there that day 

I'm the same mate, would only be 3 years old but watched it a lot as a child as my dad loved cooper. Did bandy legs not try to say he got a hand to it and cooper replied with "aye on the way out":lol:

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Yip I was at it.  You could hear Coop's shot hit the net from the opposite end.  Stunner.  

Where did the Aberdeen fans get allocated at hampden at that time ? Am I right in saying that free kick by cooper was down the Celtic end ? 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Where did the Aberdeen fans get allocated at hampden at that time ? Am I right in saying that free kick by cooper was down the Celtic end ? 

Yes they were down there and at the corner next to them there was a family section imagine that now wouldn't happen 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

I'm sure we took up most of the stadium that day.  Seemed like it.  I was definitely at opposite end full with Bears.  I was probably full of Skol Lager though! :D 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

I'm sure we took up most of the stadium that day.  Seemed like it.  I was definitely at opposite end full with Bears.  I was probably full of Skol Lager though! :D 

Aye my old man says similar , he was at the opposite end too and says he heard the ball whack the back of the net aswell , just the end behind the goal looks jam packed with bears aswell :thumbup:

Was at it. They were the days with the old terrace at Hampden.

Davie Cooper said after the game that Jim leighton said to him that he got his finger tips to the ball.#

To which Coop replied :" aye, on the way out".

Remember that game like it was yesterday 

Don't know if anyone can find it but the second goal that day from Durranty was just as good. The wee man was immense that day. He was absolutely flying - imo Durranty was the last world class player this country has produced. If it was not for that awful tackle he would have played in Italy or the like. 

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Remember that game like it was yesterday 

Don't know if anyone can find it but the second goal that day from Durranty was just as good. The wee man was immense that day. He was absolutely flying - imo Durranty was the last world class player this country has produced. If it was not for that awful tackle he would have played in Italy or the like. 

full highlights bud ?