Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

I've realised that all he says in these interviews are the same old buzzwords. It seems like he's got three scripts, one for when we win, one for when we draw and one for when we lose.

I think the press are actually wetting their pants listening to him.

He does like his heated discussions though......but not too Bartonesque heated though.   The more he speaks about these discussions (or the more the players speak about having them) and his preference to describe them as 'the group discussed...' the more he comes across as a manager whose sole way of trying to work improvement and change is through consensus building.  As though there were votes resting on it.

Sometimes some good old fashioned autocratic 'now get this you dozy lot' followed by some airborne boots can act as a bit of a more immediate galvaniser.

We'll see how far his consensus approach gets us on Saturday.  You never know, it might just have done the trick even if it hasn't in the past.

Warburton was being nippy as fuck, when the fact is 5 out of 7 wins before last night and in 2nd place or not, the "performances" are consistently awful and last night DID truly highlight how awful we've been / we are.

Journo: "Mark, how much was last nights result and performance an indication that the squad isn't quite up... or playing to the standards required to finish above the likes of Aberdeen or Hearts?"

Warburton: "We were second going into last nights game. Without being rude, that's a nonsensical question. We were second going into last nights game, so you're saying the squad's not good enough? The fact is we had a bad day at the office. We all do, everyone in this room has a bad day at the office, so, far from that. I won't even answer that question."

Journo: "Just mean... in recent performances, and in particular last night..."

Warburton: "Well, recent performances I think we... was it, won 5 out of 7 and were in second place? So... answers my questions"

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Warburton was being nippy as fuck, when the fact is 5 out of 7 wins before last and in 2nd place or not, the "performances" are consistently awful and last night DID truly highlight how awful we've been / we are.

Journo: "Mark, how much was last nights result and performance an indication that the squad isn't quite up... or playing to the standards required to finish above the likes of Aberdeen or Hearts?"

Warburton: "We were second going into last nights game. Without being rude, that's a nonsensical question. We were second going into last nights game, so you're saying the squad's not good enough? The fact is we had a bad day at the office. We all do, everyone in this room has a bad day at the office, so, far from that. I won't even answer that question."

Journo: "Just mean... in recent performances, and in particular last night..."

Warburton: "Well, recent performances I think we... was it, won 5 out of 7 and were in second place? So... answers my questions"

He's starting tae crack under the pressure another presser that was uncomfortable to watch

Managers are in a no win situation giving press conferences when the team are not delivering results on the park.         Nothing they can say can appease the masses, even the most non-contentious comments are like a red rag to a bull and used against them.  They would be far better to say nothing but unfortunately you can't get away with that in modern-day football.

Maybe Ally had it right after.  To hell with putting on a professional front and trying to convince the fans that you are seeking to sort things out on the training ground.  Maybe MW should just take the players out for a few beers tomorrow night and have a karaoke session.  Either way, the fans will think no better or worse of him.