Hearts under 20s

FlippinEck

Robbie McCrorie, Ross McCrorie, Myles Beerman, James Barjonas, Kyle Bradley, Aidan Wilson, Liam Burt, Max Ashmore, Ryan Hardie, Ross Lyons, Zak Rudden

Subs: Atakayi, Houston, Jeffries, Gibson, Gilmour, Thomson, Wright.

1 minute ago, FlippinEck said:

Robbie McCrorie, Ross McCrorie, Myles Beerman, James Barjonas, Kyle Bradley, Aidan Wilson, Liam Burton, Max Ashmore, Ryan Hardie, Ross Lyonshall, Zak Rudden

Subs: Atakayi, Houston, Jeffries, Gibson, Gilmour, Thomson, Wright.

Burton and Lyonshall?

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

He is on loan so we can't play him. He needs to bulk up a bit and get used to first team football first anyway

He's played first team football for us and Raith Rovers, you don't have to be built massive to score goals its more of a natural thing a player just has.

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's played first team football for us and Raith Rovers, you don't have to be built massive to score goals its more of a natural thing a player just has.

He took his goals well. One in particular a great finish after a good pass through. Missed a couple sitters too though . 

2 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

He seems to be be struggling at St Mirren - he is not making their 1st eleven 

Most of our team have struggled everywhere they have been that's why they are here now, Give the kid a chance.

3 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

He seems to be be struggling at St Mirren - he is not making their 1st eleven 

St Mirren are diabolical so I wouldn't look too much into that. Nothing is working for them and it isn't just him. They haven't won a game all season.

Just now, FlippinEck said:

He took his goals well. One in particular a great finish after a good pass through. Missed a couple sitters too though . 

I think he's a natural goalscorer we have problems scoring goals and we create a host of chances seems a no brainer really.

If we would give him a genuine chance, and allow him to keep his place if he does well, I'd have Hardie back in January if his loan allows it.

I reckon he's one if the most instinctive strikers on our books.

If we want someone to bulk up numbers we're as well leaving him where he is

21 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think he's a natural goalscorer we have problems scoring goals and we create a host of chances seems a no brainer really.

Definitely. I'd have been giving him a chance after he did well for Raith.

I'm just back from the game.  It was a dominant performance from the start and a fully deserved win.

Hardie's hat-trick were all well taken goals, one from the spot sending the keeper the wrong way, a clinical finish from a Burt cut back, then latching onto a ball over the top before hitting his shot early past the keeper.

Burt's double came from reacting quickest to a rebound off the keeper from a Rudden shot.  Then in stoppage time he scored with an incredible effort from wide out on the right around 40 yards from goal.  He saw the keeper off his line and struck the ball sweetly over the keeper and the ball dropped in at the far post.

I thought that Burt was excellent once again and Hardie's goals made the difference, but I'd give MOTM to Ross McCrorie who did a power of work down the right flank.

I think the draw for the quarter finals is on Wednesday.