Serious lack of quality

Gary1999RFC

I thought the majority of the players gave 100% and the match went better than I was expecting it to go (in terms of performance)
but in the end there is ridiculous difference in quality between us and them
we will not get close to winning 55 with that squad but what do people expect when you buy freebies and lower league players ?

although I doubt he will, dave king has to step with cash and not words

where do we go from here ?

The gap isn't huge, but it is a game of levels and we are a level below just now. Sure we can compete in a 1 off match, but the league table doesn't lie. They have more options, more quality where it matters and..... it shows. 

We are not going to bridge it with Windass, Crooks, etc. We are not going to bridge the gap with £250k- 500k signings. We need 5-6 £2m-4m bracket players. Only then is it realistic to expect to compete.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We lack quality but what most teams who lack quality tend to do is get themselves well organised and make themselves hard to beat and that's something that Warburton has failed to address or do time and time again.

Great post.

It's going to be a slow process of rebuilding but remember this club is being rebuilt from top to bottom  we can't give up on this .  let's hope we can invest in better quality players as we progress and get back to challenging for every trophy we play for even at youth level  . Don't give up our time will come again

42 minutes ago, Badger said:

Celtic look like a squad who are spending 2.5x more wages than us, and cost 5x more to assemble.......

Mr King take note.

Too many people quote what they spent in the summer and not what they spent in the last 2 or 3 years.

Unfortunately they now have a manager to get the best out of their squad.

I think they are over rated as f*** if I have to be totally honest.  We were not that good today and yet we can still sit here and wonder how we never took a result.

Our problems are largely from quality, but the manager is not coaching them to improve.  That is the current issue.