We aren't where we want to be..

Cam1872

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, johanhentze said:

Easier said than done when you dont have the players to do that.

I'm talking about the games we've dropped points to teams lower than us who have nowhere near what we do to spend on wages etc.

Not saying we should win every game bar celtic but a least show he can switch things up tactically when we go to hard places

Our away record is dismal 

Just now, ChrisMcb said:

I'm talking about the games we've dropped points to teams lower than us who have nowhere near what we do to spend on wages etc.

Not saying we should win every game bar celtic but a least show he can switch things up tactically when we go to hard places

Our away record is dismal 

Record is poor, yes, but he actually HAS switched things tactically even though it hasnt always worked. "No plang B" is a bit of a myth. 

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Record is poor, yes, but he actually HAS switched things tactically even though it hasnt always worked. "No plang B" is a bit of a myth. 

Agree a bit with what your saying.  His in game management is poor 

The OF game is a classic example.  Any decent manager would have hooked tav  off. He was poor

Ready made replacement on the bench eager to impress 

Instead he makes some clueless subs. 

Don't know how the half time team talks go either because they came out with intent and we looked terrible

8 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

He was the one who stated"do planA better". Another og by the looks of it, but no worry he will be reverting back to type.

3 minutes ago, ChrisMcb said:

The OF game is a classic example.  Any decent manager would have hooked tav  off. He was poor

Don't know how the half time team talks go either because they came out with intent and we looked terrible

Tav, as bad as he was, has the ability to set up / score a goal. Players sometimes improve during a game.. he was taking a chance, didnt work out. He then put on attacking players to chase the win... he wanted to win the game? Truth is - we dont have many options to change a game. We simply dont have the quality. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He was the one who stated"do planA better". Another og by the looks of it, but no worry he will be reverting back to type.

So we are now taking these "soundbites" as fact, because it suits? People are too caught up in these soundbites. Fact is, he does change things and we do have different approaches. We have different plans - that much is clear. 

8 minutes ago, ChrisMcb said:

After Garner went off, had we taken Tavernier off we would have had one sub left to make, and for an attacking team such as ours that severely limits us.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

After Garner went off, had we taken Tavernier off we would have had one sub left to make, and for an attacking team such as ours that severely limits us.

A like for like sub at that point in the game would have been reckless, in my opinion.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

After Garner went off, had we taken Tavernier off we would have had one sub left to make; for an attacking team such as ours that severely limits us.

Actually forgot all about the garner one to be fair.  Hold ma hands up to that

Not gonna change my opinion though feel like we do need a more experienced manager 

4 minutes ago, ChrisMcb said:

Actually forgot all about the garner one to be fair.  Hold ma hands up to that

Not gonna change my opinion though feel like we do need a more experienced manager 

I'm still with Warburton, which is fairly difficult to justify on here; I still have some criticism of some of his decisions, but I think he is working within limits that should give him more time to get it right.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

when garner went off I was screaming at the telly to get tav further up the park and put Hodson on at RB and go with Miller an Mckay up front - at least till the break which was only 15 minutes away.

Hodson would have been a good option, their threat was coming from our right side. I wonder if Garner hadn't gone off it might have been different.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'm still with Warburton, which is fairly difficult to justify on here; I still have some criticism of some of his decisions, but I think he is working within limits that should give him more time to get it right.

Yea, i'm still supportive - but its not unconditional and needs to start getting some luck with his transfers and start getting better with some of his tactical decisions. Being more defensive when the circumstance dictates it isnt a crime.

A better question might be "Who is best placed to improve our situation ?"

Obviously the man at the top, but what can DK do, there's obviously not the money available, so all DK can do is be honest about this.

For me it then falls on the manager. He might think "I didn't get the money so it's not my fault"

IMO he needs to think "I might not be responsible for where we are, but I need to accept resposibility for changing it"

He has to forget about prefered formations and tactics and simply get the best out of what's available.

I still don't think he's doing that.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Results on the park are down to management and the players.

recruitment was poor 

I don't have a major issue with the recruitment - hasn't worked out great but that's namely down to injuries.

The board are to blame, we need more to invest with a better quality of player.

We've made poor use of the slender resources we had.

If we'd had more money, there's now no guarantee that it would have been spent wisely - we may just have made more costly mistakes.

So I blame an almost totally failed recruitment policy - not sure who was responsible for what, so I'll cover it with that broad brush description.

The Board and in particular Dave King. The methodology used to gain control means that we are now a no go area for serious investment. Broken promises and his apparent disinterest in taking on a hands on role in turning the Club around. His personalisation of his battle with Ashley is going to cost the Club dearly. But as others have said who is out there who would willingly take over Rangers where groups like SOS are given free reign and appear to legitimised by our Directors. So I guess we are stuck with him and them. The biggest concern is that I am beginning to note the start of an evaporation of our support and unless we get ourselves moving forward to place we can compete with Celtic on a level playing field then the rate of evaporation is going to increase. I hardly see young kids in the streets wearing Rangers kit these day, but I see a lot of hoops. This is not a good omen for twenty years hence. 

3 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Absolutely. I doubt most of his signings were from the top of his list. We have probably missed out on quite a few players that we dont know of. 

In all honesty, with the funds available, he should have had a different list.

Or, instead of the scattergun approach we had, concentrated on making 3/4 keys signings from his preferred list.

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

So we are now taking these "soundbites" as fact, because it suits? People are too caught up in these soundbites. Fact is, he does change things and we do have different approaches. We have different plans - that much is clear. 

If MW is providing the soundbites, that is the reality he wants to create.

Can't blame folk for reacting when it doesn't turn out as they were led to believe.

Maybe MW needs to think a bit more, instead of coming out with stuff which will bite him on the arse.

Someone higher up the chain of command might do well to follow suit.

7 hours ago, Cam1872 said:

So it's clear that broadly we are all unhappy with where we are so far this season. 

What I want to know is where do people think the blame utimately falls?

Manager

Players/new signings

Board

Something else - if so what?

Genuinely looking for folk to boil it down to one thing, not just vent or go off on one..

So, if we could go back to the start of the season and change one thing, what would it be?

Signings were terrible. So many gambles, had more chance winning at the bookies.