Miller player/manager

davis1986

18 minutes ago, martin93 said:

Say what you want but miller is the ONLY guy out of all the players and management who knows what rangers is all about and what the standards are

Not Lee Wallace, David Weir, or Danny Wilson? Knowing what Rangers is all about is one thing, being good enough to match those standards is another,

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Not Lee Wallace, David Weir, or Danny Wilson? Knowing what Rangers is all about is one thing, being good enough to match those standards is another,

Nope none of those three. If wallace /Wilson did then they would show more fight and passion, every game like miller does, as for Davie weir what exactly does he bring to the club? If he knew what it was all about then after 19 months he would have instilled at least some of that into Warburton, he would have the players fighting just like Walter did. I also seem to remember weir coming out with some shit recently about where we are and where we should be and what he said was rightfully criticised on here. So no, none of those 3

2 minutes ago, martin93 said:

Nope none of those three. If wallace /Wilson did then they would show more fight and passion, every game like miller does, as for Davie weir what exactly does he bring to the club? If he knew what it was all about then after 19 months he would have instilled at least some of that into Warburton, he would have the players fighting just like Walter did. I also seem to remember weir coming out with some shit recently about where we are and where we should be and what he said was rightfully criticised on here. So no, none of those 3

Davie Weir does not know what it's all about at Rangers. He played in a Uefa final and captained us to league titles and he doesn't know what it's all about?

What makes you think Kenny Miller can manage a football club?  Is it because he scored a few goals against Celtic.  I'm pretty sure Ally McCoist scored a few against Celtic and we know how he ended up in management. 

The manager of Rangers must be proven in the job.

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

article-2517198-02AAA305000005DC-947_306

So fuck? He may have played for them yet the guy shows more commitment more passion and more desire to win than any of our so called team. He knows what the old firm is all about, so you can post any pictures you like, his actions for us on the pitch every week do the talking. 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Davie Weir does not know what it's all about at Rangers. He played in a Uefa final and captained us to league titles and he doesn't know what it's all about?

No, if he does then why the fuck has he not got any of that across to our manager??? Weir is heralded as a hero when he is not. He came out recently saying £100 million wouldn't guarantee  success against Celtic, and he was also trying to justify the fact we were 19 points behind at the time. What sort of message would that send to the players? Being 19 points behind them is not acceptable yet he was excusing it

Just now, martin93 said:

No, if he does then why the fuck has he not got any of that across to our manager??? Weir is heralded as a hero when he is not. He came out recently saying £100 million wouldn't guarantee  success against Celtic, and he was also trying to justify the fact we were 19 points behind at the time. What sort of message would that send to the players? Being 19 points behind them is not acceptable yet he was excusing it

You and I don't know what he says to the manager. The £100 million comment was maybe his way to say that money doesn't guarantee success. We don't know what those players are told by Weir and the manager. Davie Weir knows the club well I'd argue.

35 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I probably wouldn't sack a manager when I don't have a replacement. 

Aye ok then. Just stick with warburton then while looking to get rid of him behind the scenes. Sure he wouldn't get word that the club were looking for another manager and what effect would that have on us. Be as well cutting our losses now with him. 

13 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I've no doubt Weir knows the club well but it certainly seems like he can't coach a football team.  He was chased out of Sheffield United after a horror spell as manager.  He's came to Rangers with Warburton and is now part of another failing team.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

I think it's a good shout. It's not as if we've tried giving one of our strikers his first job in management before and it's went horribly wrong.  Is it?

What's the point in him coming in for a few months or are you thinking long term?