The squad re building job

KingKirk

I sure would like to have been in on the interviews when Robertson and Dickson asked prospective head coaches who they might want to keep, who they'd want to let go and how much money they thought it might take to obtain the core of a title challenging side.  

The secondary question of what they thought the market transfer value of players who must or could be released must have been enlightening too.  

I'm assuming of course that interviews have covered the ground of what a Head Coach would want to do with the existing squad and how many changes they'd want to make and how much that might cost.   Over the course of a number of interviews there may be some extremes of responses from candidates but when the responses are considered as a whole I do wonder if Robertson, Dickson, King and the Board are being confronted by a consistent message from candidates that says that its wholesale clearance and wholesale rebuild time (again). 

For if any Head Coach appointed thinks he can transform the bulk of this current squad into a credible title challenging side at all never mind in reasonably quick time then he must indeed be either the most stellar coach in the business or an unrealistic optimist who wishes his way to success rather than manages his way to success.  

Maybe King is being faced with a reality check from these interviews that results in the enormity of the mess left behind by Warburton becoming much clearer.  If the consistent message is wholesale clearout and start again with the prospective sales value of players moving on being nowhere near covering what a new Head Coach would require for rebuilding then that would pose a big problem.   If that is the case something may have to give to fund it, assuming King and the Board are maxed out and unable or unwilling to find materially more investment to fund such a clearance.   What might need to be given up either permanently or suspended for some years to divert more funds to pay for new and better players ......the academy perhaps?

2 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

We are in big trouble, that squad needs rubbed out and started again and that ain't cheap.

Thats exactly what i was thinking watching the game last night. Our 2 shining lights this season are Miller and Hill.

Apart from that, the rest have been very poor. 

I see a player in Windass if he gets a run of games. Thats it. The rest can go, and i include Barrie McKay who looks like hes dressed up as Cristiano Ronaldo for halloween.

Tell them all to find new clubs.  Free up the wage bill as much as possible for the new manager and DoF.  We're paying these guys a good wage but I doubt most of them even want to be here.  When a side is failing this badly moral goes out the window and I doubt any of them want to stay if there's another offer on the table.  Our current lot lack the character needed for the fight ahead.

35 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Tell them all to find new clubs.  Free up the wage bill as much as possible for the new manager and DoF.  We're paying these guys a good wage but I doubt most of them even want to be here.  When a side is failing this badly moral goes out the window and I doubt any of them want to stay if there's another offer on the table.  Our current lot lack the character needed for the fight ahead.

I hope you are right. Some of them might find it hard to equal what we are paying them, and will stick around.