Thornton Suite

AljayBoy

Morning all.

So has anyone experienced the Thornton Suite Hospitality at Ibrox recently? I’m chuffed to be going tomorrow, booked and paid for it in January and while I obviously would have preferred W&W to be a roaring success I think myself lucky that I’ll be at Pedro’s first match in charge - and be there in style :isay:

So aye, I believe I get to go up the marble staircase, and a trophy room tour. There’s also the food and drink (plenty of), but what else can I expect to be treated to?

As for the game, i'm hoping that our rejuvenation continues in conjunction with Hamilton's poor run of form: last 4 games, goals for 1, against 12. So of course expecting a win but want another 6 goals to cheer. :rangers:

29 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Stealth 'look at me and my fancy day oot' thread

Nothing stealth about it mate - I'm buzzing for it, never done the hospitality at Ibrox before - think i've read the hospitality section about 10 times now :dance:

https://rangers.co.uk/club/commercial/hospitality/the-thornton-suite/

https://rangers.co.uk/club/commercial/hospitality/hospitality-brochure/

If the routine is still the same your up the marble staircase (remember to say hello to Mr Struth on the first landing) then into the members lounge for a beer or two, then it's through to the Thornton suite for more beer and some food. Watch the game and more beer you get a past player interview as well. At some time during the day you will get the chance to walk along to the trophy room. 

Best suite in Ibrox imo, or it used to be anyway. 

I done it at the start of the season. Cracking day out although a little to formal for me. It's cracking being in the players lounge for champers before going in for lunch. 

A word to the wise, look after your waitress when you sit down, and she will sort you out. ?

The lassies are cracking couldn't give us enough.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If the routine is still the same your up the marble staircase (remember to say hello to Mr Struth on the first landing) then into the members lounge for a beer or two, then it's through to the Thornton suite for more beer and some food. Watch the game and more beer you get a past player interview as well. At some time during the day you will get the chance to walk along to the trophy room. 

Best suite in Ibrox imo, or it used to be anyway. 

This.

Missing it badly. :depressed:

8 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

I done it at the start of the season. Cracking day out although a little to formal for me. It's cracking being in the players lounge for champers before going in for lunch. 

A word to the wise, look after your waitress when you sit down, and she will sort you out. ?

The lassies are cracking couldn't give us enough.

Glad to hear it mate, and aye, we originally intended to book one of the cheaper and less formal packages but they had sold out, so meant going for one at the top end.

Used xmas cash for a good bit of it and it's a one off treat with the club benefitting so I don't grudge it.

:thumbup: Waitress advice noted mate, although we won't be paying for anything during the day i was going to make sure and take some cash for just such purposes.

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Miss it at times as well TLT, but run into too many pricks towards the end of my time. 

Most of who didn't even support Rangers. 

Met a lot of great people and contacts in there most of whom still in weekly contact with.  Not been back in it since 2011 when i made a conscious decision not to renew all our packages. 

20 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

Glad to hear it mate, and aye, we originally intended to book one of the cheaper and less formal packages but they had sold out, so meant going for one at the top end.

Used xmas cash for a good bit of it and it's a one off treat with the club benefitting so I don't grudge it.

:thumbup: Waitress advice noted mate, although we won't be paying for anything during the day i was going to make sure and take some cash for just such purposes.

It's a novel way to a match day. You'll love it. The foods good, get your money's worth though. Order a couple of bottles of wine with your lunch as well as spirits and beer.

Also when they take your order for full time, order a couple each, because sometimes the slow down the service, then at last orders order a couple as well.

9 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Met a lot of great people and contacts in there most of whom still in weekly contact with.  Not been back in it since 2011 when i made a conscious decision not to renew all our packages. 

Not been back since 07 when I was asked to move my seat in the stand because the guy in front was an Aberdeen fan and took exception to me calling the away fans a shower of sheepshagging cunts for singing their Durrant song. 

The thing was I didn't shout it out or say it to him I turned to the mate and said it. 

i will be going there for partick thistle game on april 15, cant wait for it , just got to get a light blue shirt and navy blue suit jacket, ive got a company to make me the tie the rangers players have at the moment

Good few years since I was there but what a day. There were 8 of us and when our waitress introduced herself one of our guys said to her they way work is the quicker you bring our drinks the bigger your tip. She replied I'll tell you how I work if you ask for spirits unless you say singles you get doubles. Dale Gordon was getting interviewed that day comes over as a genuine guy who loved his time here. Tem Forsyth was going round talking to all the tables. Need to do it again sometime.Have a great day tomorrow AljayBoy and remember if we win you've to keep up the same lucky routine for all home games.

44 minutes ago, ranter said:

Good few years since I was there but what a day. There were 8 of us and when our waitress introduced herself one of our guys said to her they way work is the quicker you bring our drinks the bigger your tip. She replied I'll tell you how I work if you ask for spirits unless you say singles you get doubles. Dale Gordon was getting interviewed that day comes over as a genuine guy who loved his time here. Tem Forsyth was going round talking to all the tables. Need to do it again sometime.Have a great day tomorrow AljayBoy and remember if we win you've to keep up the same lucky routine for all home games.

Haha - deal!*

Well that's a few times the waitresses have been mentioned - might need to take more than the £2 coin I had budgeted for the tip :hmmm:

*Assuming @govanblue agrees to be my fundraiser.