Sorting the defence out

When a new manager takes over a team that was leaking as many goals as we were, it's vital to sort the defence out first and work forward from there.

Although Wes has saved our bacon a number of times, 1 goal conceded in Pedro's first 4 games shows our defence is improving. Even more impressive given the injury problems we've had in the last week. 

A few additions to the defence in the summer and hopefully we'll be watertight. 

After MW who barely have gave defending a second thought, it was always likely to be better with a new man in charge. 

Whats impressive is that he's done it with 2 very inexperienced players, and Wilson and Tav who've been heavily criticised this year. 

We'd have lost that today under the 3 snakes. I firmly believe that once Aberdeen took control our manager then decided that we'd hit on the break.

you can see the work gone into that defensive shape in 4weeks

today wasn't luck onwards and upwards

As far as I'm concerned, next season is Wallace's last chance to prove he's good enough for Rangers at this level.

Wilson and Hill should be kept as 3rd and 4th choice respectively while Tavernier and Hodson should be punted for as much as we can get.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

We'd have lost that today under the 3 snakes. I firmly believe that once Aberdeen took control our manager then decided that we'd hit on the break.

you can see the work gone into that defensive shape in 4weeks

today wasn't luck onwards and upwards

I think he knew we had to sit in and soak up the pressure a couple minutes into the second half, that's why Windass was brought on and Later Dodoo

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think he knew we had to sit in and soak up the pressure a couple minutes into the second half, that's why Windass was brought on and Later Dodoo

Spot on.

The "it's about what we do" pish from Warburton just showed how arrogant he was and how much he underestimated the league.

We currently don't have the players to dominate every game. You have to adapt now and again and I'm glad we finally have a manager that realises that. 

9 minutes ago, RDFM said:

As far as I'm concerned, next season is Wallace's last chance to prove he's good enough for Rangers at this level.

Wilson and Hill should be kept as 3rd and 4th choice respectively while Tavernier and Hodson should be punted for as much as we can get.

Agree with most of this except the bottom part regarding keeping Wilson and Hill.

All of them need to go as they're not good enough.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Agree with most of this except the bottom part regarding keeping Wilson and Hill.

All of them need to go as they're not good enough.

Ideally I'd like the same, but I feel like them staying is a realistic scenario.

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

After MW who barely have gave defending a second thought, it was always likely to be better with a new man in charge. 

Whats impressive is that he's done it with 2 very inexperienced players, and Wilson and Tav who've been heavily criticised this year. 

Warburton didn't even look at other teams or formations no wonder he struggled as a manager.