Pedro the man.

Blue Avenger

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

And using the example of Roberts again, they are covering his full wage and had to pay almost 3m just to get a shot of him for the season.

Then more fool them paying 3mill for an average player and he isn’t even theirs. 

I take it you have no idea what we may have paid for John and Dalcio??

Do you know what we paid for Nemane he’s from Man City???

All that aside even with all that taken into account we are still way short of the average spend we need to raise the level of the squad back to pre clusterfuck levels. For that to happen we have to be looking at an average of 2/3 mill per player. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Then more fool them paying 3mill for an average player and he isn’t even theirs. 

I take it you have no idea what we may have paid for John and Dalcio??

Do you know what we paid for Nemane he’s from Man City???

All that aside even with all that taken into account we are still way short of the average spend we need to raise the level of the squad back to pre clusterfuck levels. For that to happen we have to be looking at an average of 2/3 mill per player. 

Loan fees always seem to be one that rarely get reported for some reason.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And using the example of Roberts again, they are covering his full wage and had to pay almost 3m just to get a shot of him for the season.

I'm sure when we signed Weiss we paid £500k fee + his wage.

Although it's not always the case with paying a loan fee it probably highlights the quality of player. For someone like Dalcio they're probably happy just to get rid of for the season and wage covered.

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Blue Avenger's went from saying things through the week such as it doesn't matter if he stays or goes, neither rates him or doesn't, another manager such as McInnes would be just as bad as him, the board would appoint ANOTHER bad manager anyway (paraphrasing a wee bit but that's the message) to "he's the man' after a win against a shite Hamilton side.

Talk about flip-flopping.

I still think Pedro is a shite manager and would sack him this afternoon if I could.

Last night I enjoyed. I don't think we played THAT badly the way some make out - the pitch kinda ruined the game but you could tell we were the vastly superior team and the effort was there in abundance coupled with some good goals. 

But that doesn't change a thing for me. The damage has been long done and we need a change but I hate the way the online culture is ... one good game everyones the man such as Pedro, Declan John's the new Gareth Bale for the goals, Fod is Buffon for the penalty save ... likewise one bad result and there's hell on and people demanding statements from the board and Club72 (even if I acknowledge there's some things we need a statement on recently but haven't got)

As I said it's the nature of things but I wish people would have the courage of their convictions, have a sensible opinion and just stick to it barring something major. Good or bad.

I still don't understand how an artificial pitch like that can have such an uneven surface.

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Blue Avenger's went from saying things through the week such as it doesn't matter if he stays or goes, neither rates him or doesn't, another manager such as McInnes would be just as bad as him, the board would appoint ANOTHER bad manager anyway (paraphrasing a wee bit but that's the message) to "he's the man' after a win against a shite Hamilton side.

I still think Pedro is a shite manager and would sack him this afternoon if I could.

Last night I enjoyed. I don't think we played THAT badly the way some make out - the pitch kinda ruined the game but you could tell we were the vastly superior team and the effort was there in abundance coupled with some good goals. 

But that doesn't change a thing for me. The damage has been long done and we need a change but I hate the way the online culture is ... one good game everyones the man such as Pedro, Declan John's the new Gareth Bale for the goals, Fod is Buffon for the penalty save ... likewise one bad result and there's hell on and people demanding statements from the board and Club72 (even if I acknowledge there's some things we need a statement on recently but haven't got)

As I said it's the nature of things but I wish people would have the courage of their convictions, have a sensible opinion and just stick to it barring something major. Good or bad.

Maybe you shouldn't read too much into what gets said online as most people say things on the spur of the moment rather than a thought out response.

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I still don't understand how an artificial pitch like that can have such an uneven surface.

It gets used constantly, it doesn’t take long for it to start bobbling all over the place. 

Ive no problem with 4g in pro football but it shouldn’t be used as a community pitch. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It gets used constantly, it doesn’t take long for it to start bobbling all over the place. 

Ive no problem with 4g in pro football but it shouldn’t be used as a community pitch. 

Afaik EVERY Accies side use it regularly for games and some also train on it too. For me, Falkirk's is the best in the country - despite being a community pitch - as they do lots of work on it regularly to maintain it.

11 minutes ago, MasterD said:

I'm sure when we signed Weiss we paid £500k fee + his wage.

Although it's not always the case with paying a loan fee it probably highlights the quality of player. For someone like Dalcio they're probably happy just to get rid of for the season and wage covered.

That rings a bell actually. Some will, others wont. If I had to guess, Id reckon we paid one for John and not the other two

24 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I know. Was a ridiculous pitch it's ok saying same for both teams too but it's not - one team plays on it even second week and can account for every flaw on it. They should be banned.

22 minutes ago, rangerslion said:

Maybe you shouldn't read too much into what gets said online as most people say things on the spur of the moment rather than a thought out response.

I stopped reading too much into online comments donkies ago. A lot of people who say stuff online I've literally never met in 25-years of following Rangers everywehre, on just about every bus at least once, functions, pubs etc. 

51 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Blithering pish, but you do know how to stretch a point. I do know what I said without anyone trying to paraphrase.

I didn't say he was a bad manager and neither did I say he was a good one Time will only tell on that score, but you're an expert of course.

What I did say,  it won't make a blind a bit of difference to our predicament if he stays or goes, with the exception we get another squad, more disruption, more instability and more wasted money for more players sitting in the stand.

You want a better standard of manager and quality player, better you had the courage to take it to the board to pony up the cash and until that day comes nothing changes, except the law of diminishing returns take over.

The damage was well done before even MW got in the hot seat.

You either put up or desist from rubbishing a manager who is giving it is all. You have a problem, be a man and take it it the board. They are the big picture not some fucking stranger who must think he has landed on the planet Zog! 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

There's a gap of around 40m between our revenue. They made nearly 30m of that from CL prize money, TV revenue and tickets sales.

Did you not notice that even though they pull in maybe 50 million plus per year how much do they spend on upgrading their team?? Nest to fuck all and its been like that for years. Most of their cash goes to share holders and desmonds pocket etc.

Its how you spend the money you get not how much more revenue you are generating than the next best team. A good 10 million in January and we will run these fuckers close I don't care what anybody says its 11 v 11 correctly setup that will make the differance

1 minute ago, saltire266 said:

Did you not notice that even though they pull in maybe 50 million plus per year how much do they spend on upgrading their team?? Nest to fuck all and its been like that for years. Most of their cash goes to share holders and desmonds pocket etc.

Its how you spend the money you get not how much more revenue you are generating than the next best team. A good 10 million in January and we will run these fuckers close I don't care what anybody says its 11 v 11 correctly setup that will make the differance

They spend 32m a year of it on player wages.

We spend 10m.

53 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

The foundations under it move little by little and the material dosent follow the contours unlike grass. Think of a tight t shirt then you lose a 1lb in weight , watch the t shirt shape

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We spend 10m.

But we don't have to spend 32 to match them. If we spent 15-20 on decent staff then it could be enough. A 15k per week doesn't always play better than a 5k a week player .The scum are over spending on some players.

Just now, saltire266 said:

But we don't have to spend 32 to match them. If we spent 15-20 on decent staff then it could be enough. A 15k per week doesn't always play better than a 5k a week player .The scum are over spending on some players.

I agree they are overspending on some players but it's going to take a good £10m extra every year in wages to make a serious push imo. Plus transfer fees on top of that. There's no quick fix

50 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Afaik EVERY Accies side use it regularly for games and some also train on it too. For me, Falkirk's is the best in the country - despite being a community pitch - as they do lots of work on it regularly to maintain it.

They do, all the kids teams use it as well. 

As you said if they are going to use it constantly they need to keep refilling the rubber, from the amount that I find in my Sons room it doesn’t take long for the rubber to disappear. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

They do, all the kids teams use it as well. 

As you said if they are going to use it constantly they need to keep refilling the rubber, from the amount that I find in my Sons room it doesn’t take long for the rubber to disappear. 

The amount of crumb that lifts is mental. Ochilview was the worst I've seen for it. Covered a game there and literally walked across the pitch once and my trainers had loads of the stuff in them. 

Just now, The Dude said:

The amount of crumb that lifts is mental. Ochilview was the worst I've seen for it. Covered a game there and literally walked across the pitch once and my trainers had loads of the stuff in them. 

His mother has banned him from entering the house until he’s took his boots off and emptied them out, still get loads of the stuff in his room. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We spend 10m.

This is the main issue. We can put a team together on Bosmans a loans and some steady SPFL types to supplement them but we need to pay the wages. 

King reckoned we need to treble the wage bill and that's still the case. Maybe if we doubled it and were lucky with recruitment we'd have a chance 

Just now, trueblueal said:

This is the main issue. We can put a team together on Bosmans a loans and some steady SPFL types to supplement them but we need to pay the wages. 

King reckoned we need to treble the wage bill and that's still the case. Maybe if we doubled it and were lucky with recruitment we'd have a chance 

It's doubled since King took over. If we'd trebled it (from the time he said that) we'd still be 15m behind them

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's doubled since King took over. If we'd trebled it (from the time he said that) we'd still be 15m behind them

6 million for the players I mentioned in January and the wage bill wont even hit 15 million per year and we will push the scum close until the summer