Coverage of Friendlies

OzGers

I just want to know what is going on with setanta? So far they have shown the celtic swiss friendlies live, and they are showing the tic v newcastle match live as well, yet both the ajax and chelsea games are not going to be on, even though both would have huge tv ratings. What is going on there???

Probably because both game sare at Ibrox, Rangers don't wan't to discourage people buying a ticket (or tickets) for the matches & ricking the chance of getting a full house.

I just want to know what is going on with setanta? So far they have shown the celtic swiss friendlies live, and they are showing the tic v newcastle match live as well, yet both the ajax and chelsea games are not going to be on, even though both would have huge tv ratings. What is going on there???

Maybe the devious one asked fur too much dosh :classier_than_pipeguy:

I can appreciate that, but what about delayed coverage at least? I mean, i am going to the games so all is fine there, however considering the competition we are facing it would be nice to get a bit of coverage around the world and show that we are capable of competing

Maybe because they are an Oirish company ?

I think I will blame the tattie munchers and the devious one for this...they can ram their feckin tattie pickin TV right up there erse :pipegreen:

I am in Ottawa Canada, and a member of the Rangers Supporters Club here, and BOTH the Ajax and Chelsea games are being shown live....!? I just assumed it was a Setanta feed??

all I know for sure is, both are on, and I will be there to watch.

PS- my dad is in Dumfries, and his club is showing both also...

I am in Ottawa Canada, and a member of the Rangers Supporters Club here, and BOTH the Ajax and Chelsea games are being shown live....!? I just assumed it was a Setanta feed??

all I know for sure is, both are on, and I will be there to watch.

PS- my dad is in Dumfries, and his club is showing both also...

I have just confirmed with my Rangers club leader, that both games are defo Setanta feeds...and available to all Rangers Clubs..... !?

i checked the setanta site here in Britain and the ajax or chelsea games are on their website as being shown live. I checked the tv guide on sky and its not listed on the tues or the sat - i know their a replays on rangers tv...maybe their is live feed outside of UK

Shitanta is showing both live in North America... (Ajax/Chelsea) So will probably be on the net as well...

still i feel for those fans in uk who cant afford the matches and still cant watch it at the pub or at home- as i said, i am heading to both matches, but alot of my mates cant afford to fork out 30plus pounds for the tickets and glamour friendlies against big euro teams is something that should be pulicised as much as possible to get our great club out to the masses and show the world we are just as good

Shitanta is showing both live in North America... (Ajax/Chelsea) So will probably be on the net as well...

still i feel for those fans in uk who cant afford the matches and still cant watch it at the pub or at home- as i said, i am heading to both matches, but alot of my mates cant afford to fork out 30plus pounds for the tickets and glamour friendlies against big euro teams is something that should be pulicised as much as possible to get our great club out to the masses and show the world we are just as good

Feel your pain mate -- I do.... Coverage at the best of times quite frankly, sucks. And as you say 30 quid -- plus all the other costs of going to the match makes it impossible for a lot of fans. Consider: If you have a boy or 2 that wants to go.. right away that + 100 pounds to go... A helluva lot of money.