Squad Fitness

Rupret

I can remember McCoist squad running out of puff against part timers, Warbutton squad never looked fit for a whole match. Pedro, well Pena, enough said.

I'm really impressed with our current squad fitness, we must be the fitest in the SPL, so hats off to Murty, the background coaches and physios.

Hopefully it makes a difference for a good  title run in.

I've never been part of this "they're not fit enough" club. I admit that previously in some games under other managers the team appeared lazy, but the difference now seems to be an urgency to close down the opposition and get forward. There's a different mentality spreading throughout the team, maybe even more pride in playing for Rangers. In the 2nd half tonight if they had played that way the whole game (and in previous games) some might still be questioning their fitness. Murty has somehow put more oomph in the side. They seem to want to win games and make things happen instead of waiting for something to go their way and shrugging their shoulders when it doesn't. 

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

:tu: Taking Candeias off after an hour slowed us down. Hopefully conserving energy for the taigs game. 

Slowing the tempo when the games out of sight with a big game next week is fine. The passing went awol at times though and the defence switched off a couple times. Need to keep focused for 90 minutes regardless of the score.

3 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

Slowing the tempo when the games out of sight with a big game next week is fine. The passing went awol at times though and the defence switched off a couple times. Need to keep focused for 90 minutes regardless of the score.

Absolutely. I thought bringing Alves on was a strange one. Would have been much better bringing Holt on. Alves will never be match fit for 'them', and would be a big risk!

3 minutes ago, ChrisMcb said:

100 percent correct

candeias is one of our most important players for the 11th. 

:tu: Can't add anything to that mate!