Another Article From Rangers Hater Waddell.

minstral

8 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I can understand that about the English media , though that was a pathetic and ignorant thing to say , but in the days I did read the papers we would have very little , if any , about English football so it's understandable the EPL is all they talk about . Are they as critical and negative about particular teams as our press are up here ? I really don't know . 

The thing with the Ibrox Noise ( I haven't really read them unless it's on here ) and you yourself , is that it is directed at a target audience and everyone should understand and allow for that , but mainstream press is supposed to be impartial and yet even before you read an article you just know where it's headed  going by who wrote it . Now ,  I could be doing them a disservice because I only read what comes on in here , but I doubt that , going by the regularity by the same columnists . 

Its a shame , if , as you say , they are going down that route for commercial reasons . In fact it's pretty scandalous really , that decisions are made to deliberately take a certain angle ( or pick a team ) to appeal to what suits their circulation figures . Whatever happened to the integrity of fair reporting ? Again , the phrase ' fans with typewriters ' comes to mind . 

Oh god aye, some of them are ridiculous and most clubs have (at least) one journo they think is anti-them. 

There’s a difference in reporting news impartially (which I always think is bollocks when not stuck to) and opinion stuff and there’s always going to be certain biases on display in that sort of stuff. For me at least, there’s nothing wrong with that in opinion pieces but thee’s always a line between doing it in a manner where it comes across as something that reads more like an attack than a critical opinion. 

Papers and news outlets have always done what is right for their circulation figures ahead. That’s why the sun jump from supporting the Tories to labour and back again and often why they get behind certain causes. Nothing to do with that being a particularly just cause but it appeals the their target audience. 

Fans with typewriters shouldn’t be an insult. Fans will always have the passion and colour and believability in their work that non-fans would sorely lack. I’ve actually spoke about before with folk who think I should write about something else since there is more money to be made but I love football and I’ll sit and struggle through some fucking awful games of football because I love doing this and love watching football and talking about it and reading about it. Get me doing politics or writing local news and I’ll be bored as fucking doing it - and it’ll show in my work. 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Oh god aye, some of them are ridiculous and most clubs have (at least) one journo they think is anti-them. 

There’s a difference in reporting news impartially (which I always think is bollocks when not stuck to) and opinion stuff and there’s always going to be certain biases on display in that sort of stuff. For me at least, there’s nothing wrong with that in opinion pieces but thee’s always a line between doing it in a manner where it comes across as something that reads more like an attack than a critical opinion. 

Papers and news outlets have always done what is right for their circulation figures ahead. That’s why the sun jump from supporting the Tories to labour and back again and often why they get behind certain causes. Nothing to do with that being a particularly just cause but it appeals the their target audience. 

Fans with typewriters shouldn’t be an insult. Fans will always have the passion and colour and believability in their work that non-fans would sorely lack. I’ve actually spoke about before with folk who think I should write about something else since there is more money to be made but I love football and I’ll sit and struggle through some fucking awful games of football because I love doing this and love watching football and talking about it and reading about it. Get me doing politics or writing local news and I’ll be bored as fucking doing it - and it’ll show in my work. 

Yeah , that's a valid point re the difference between attack and a critical opinion . Most of us can take a fair critique , unfortunately all too often it's the attack we get , with the condescending tone from certain individuals . Some can say it's a fine line , but some like to jump all over it with glee . 

I can understand that we want football fans to report , and those that have been in the game . But it should be ' football ' fans , more with the love of the game in general , than one particular team , in particular , like we have now . 

Anyway , off to bed . I still think the impartiality of football writers itoday doesnt compare to 20 years ago , and we , not just Rangers fans , are a lot more poorer because of it . 

so banning the taigs from ibrox is damaging our most marketable fixture in our countries game .

but orchestrating a hate campaign in 2012 and relegating us to the bottom tier outwith the then rules didn't do a bit of damage .

bridge building .well waddel ya fanny .bridges get built when they build from both sides .it's only ever been a one way effort