Player Ratings

bluebell82

McGregor - 6 - Didn't have anything to do, but commanding area well.

Tavernier - 5 - McInnes clearly watched Osijek away and thought they'd send balls over the top down his side. Stood up well to the threat I though. Still unsure on whether he could have done better at the goal, but if we are zonal in our defence then I guess he would track the runner and not carry on for the ball.

Katic - 7 - Dominates the ball in the air and very good at stopping attackers. Hasn't given less than 110% so far.

Goldson - 8 - Strolled the match for the most part, looks comfortable on the ball and assured at the back. Think he will go back south at the end of the season for big money.

Flanagan - 7 - It won't happen, but if we sign that Croatian left back, I'd stick Flanagan at right back. Doesn't have much confidence going forward at left back (although did have a big part in the pen), defensively he's very intelligent.

Jack - 9 - Dominated the midfield.

Coulibaly - 7 - Solid in midfield and breaks the play up, busts a gut to give us options on the counter as well. Downside at the moment is he makes the challenge whether he can get the ball or not and this has caused a few free kicks in dangerous areas in his first few games. 

Arfield - 7 - Drives us forward and I think we missed him big time in Europe. So tenacious and gives his all (a common theme under Gerrard from everyone so far)

Murphy - 4 - Flattered to deceive. Wasn't in the game much and when he did get the ball made some poor decisions.

Windass - 4 - Worked hard at times, that's about it. Decision making is horrendous though. Becomes too greedy around the box with nothing to show for it. He splits a lot of support and I saw a lot of fuss on Twitter about all the things he did do (such as tracking back). For me, doing things you're supposed to do doesn't mean you had a good game.

Morelos - 2 - Not much time to get involved. Soft red and McKenna should have been flagged up during the incident as well (if the lino sees the kick he must see the 2 barges). However, Morelos has history and people will target him because of this, needs to be smarter as I don't think Stevie G will put up with his petulance.

Overall, it was a very good performance, solid at the back for the most part (the goal was poor marking as 2 other lads were waiting for that ball as well). What I love so far is everyone looks like they'd run through brick walls for the manager.

16 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tavernier 1

Flanagan 8 

Windass 6 

Only changes

You are a clown ! Tav was good today some on here just don’t know the first thing about football  every manger that has had Tav at Rangers makes him the first name on team sheet  Stevie Gee and Gary Mac aren’t stupid they have operated at top level and don’t just make Tav first pick but appoint him captain too   Ask yourself why? 

2 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

You are a clown ! Tav was good today some on here just don’t know the first thing about football  every manger that has had Tav at Rangers makes him the first name on team sheet  Stevie Gee and Gary Mac aren’t stupid they have operated at top level and don’t just make Tav first pick but appoint him captain too   Ask yourself why? 

Tav was ok yesterday but that was about it for me. I don't understand some people's views on him, as I think he is an asset for us.

He is suspect defensively, but going forward he offers us probably the best wide delivery in the league. I'm surprised we never gave him a real run on the wing. 

1 minute ago, Johnsey said:

Tav was ok yesterday but that was about it for me. I don't understand some people's views on him, as I think he is an asset for us.

He is suspect defensively, but going forward he offers us probably the best wide delivery in the league. I'm surprised we never gave him a real run on the wing. 

His position is right back. He is a modern day attacking full back like most of the best full backs nowadays he is better going forward and offers so much to the team coming from wide and deep modern day centre backs adapt and provide cover along with the holding midfielders Tav is far and away the best in the country and if we can land the Croatian boy for the left hand side we will have the perfect set of attacking fullbacks 

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

Who said he didn’t have a good game?