Player Ratings

bluebell82

What's everyones thoughts on player ratings for today? Here's mine...

1McGregor - 6 - Nothing much to do, no real chance for the goal.

2. Tavernier - 6 Didn't get forward as much as usual, matched Mackey-Steven most of match with exception of one cross.

19Katic - 7 - Commanding in defence and swept up alot of Aberdeen's long balls.

6Goldson - 8 - Commanding in defence, comfortable on the ball and made some great passes. Unlucky not to get a block for their goal.

15Flanagan- 7 - Solid defencesive display. No nonsense.

37Arfield - 7 - Great engine and strong in tackle.

8Jack 8.5 - Great tackling, broke up play and always looking to get on the ball.

23Coulibaly - 7 - Good running box to box, and put his foot in when needed. 

7Murphy - 6 - Looked dangerous but decision making let him down at crucial moments. Kent  at 70'minutes - 5. 

11Windass - 5 - Tracked back and covered alot but not his sort of game, esp when down to 10 men.

20Morelos - 3 - Started brightly. Sending off very soft.

Overall great display, think we comfortably finish above Aberdeen on that performance. 

Arfield reminds me of Stuart McCall, with the added bonus of getting into the opposition box often, great engine, Coulibally does his work quietly but very effectively still got a bit to go game fitness wise I think but he looks like a diamond, I've always liked Jack but these last few games he's been a revelation, I hope we can keep him fit.

If anyone had suggested that midfield to me a couple of weeks ago I'd probably have had the fear, but by fuck it's looking solid ATM, after all these years it looks like we may at last have competition for places.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Shat out clearing it = coward

Hitting a penalty ≠ not a coward

? 

Wrong.

In fact that's right, he showed he's not a coward by taking the penalty.

Goldson literally jumped out the road of the ball, must be a coward aswell.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Wrong.

In fact that's right, he showed he's not a coward by taking the penalty.

Goldson literally jumped out the road of the ball, must be a coward aswell.

I really don't know what Goldson was doing, look as if he tried to read it going the other way, baffling though.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Coulibaly miss times the header before it goes near Tav, is he a coward?

How does that make sense, Tavernier shat it to attack the ball and left it, Coulibaly went for a header an didn't get there.

McGregor - 7 - Safe pair of hands. Commanding in goal. 

Tavernier - 6 Decent game. Still positionally wrong at times and not sharp enough a few times in the second half.

Katic - 7 - Looks a steal for what we paid for him. We will sell him for a huge profit.

Goldson - 7 - Commanding.

Flanagan- 7 - Best performance so far. Really solid.

Arfield - 7 - Great engine and strong in tackle.

Jack 9 - Best performance in a Rangers shirt after his previous best performance in a Rangers shirt on Thursday. 

Coulibaly - 6 - Slightly better than average game. Done nothing wrong but I can't remember much that stood out.

Murphy - 5 - Was ok. Often puts a player on the back foot but lacks acceleration to take advantage. 

Windass - 5 - Put in a shift but the normal runs he makes were missing. Was a moron for kicking out at one of their players after Morelos was sent off for same.

Morelos - 2 - Harshly sent off but you can't do things like that and its not the first time his temperament has got him into bother. Last chance on that front.

Kent - 5 - Made a couple of good runs and worked hard.

Ejaria - 4 - Apart from a few presses he was poor and we lost all shape when he came on. I think he will really struggle this season and looks the poorest of the new recruits.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I really don't know what Goldson was doing, look as if he tried to read it going the other way, baffling though.

How does that make sense, Tavernier shat it to attack the ball and left it, Coulibaly went for a header an didn't get there.

Stupid decision by Goldson imo, clear the ball ffs.

1 hour ago, bluebell82 said:

What's everyones thoughts on player ratings for today? Here's mine...

1McGregor - 6 - Nothing much to do, no real chance for the goal.

2. Tavernier - 6 Didn't get forward as much as usual, matched Mackey-Steven most of match with exception of one cross.

19Katic - 7 - Commanding in defence and swept up alot of Aberdeen's long balls.

6Goldson - 8 - Commanding in defence, comfortable on the ball and made some great passes. Unlucky not to get a block for their goal.

15Flanagan- 7 - Solid defencesive display. No nonsense.

37Arfield - 7 - Great engine and strong in tackle.

8Jack 8.5 - Great tackling, broke up play and always looking to get on the ball.

23Coulibaly - 7 - Good running box to box, and put his foot in when needed. 

7Murphy - 6 - Looked dangerous but decision making let him down at crucial moments. Kent  at 70'minutes - 5. 

11Windass - 5 - Tracked back and covered alot but not his sort of game, esp when down to 10 men.

20Morelos - 3 - Started brightly. Sending off very soft.

Overall great display, think we comfortably finish above Aberdeen on that performance. 

It is very  hard to argue with those ratings  . i would disagree with Murphy who was as powderpuff as Windass . He just doesn't do it every match 

Windass a 4 . . Jack a 9 for me . Standout