james mcclean calling himself a fenian..

On 05/11/2018 at 13:35, RFC Eagle said:

The difference is that Matic was very respectful in his explanation and insulted no one with the personal choice he made. It wasn't done to offend but a personal decision. The difference in tone of the statements is marked. 

In his statement, Matic said: "I recognise fully why people wear poppies, I totally respect everyone's right to do so and I have total sympathy for anyone who has lost loved ones due to conflict.

"However, for me it is only a reminder of an attack that I felt personally as a young, frightened 12-year old boy living in Vrelo, as my country was devastated by the bombing of Serbia in 1999.

"Whilst I have done so previously, on reflection I now don't feel it is right for me to wear the poppy on my shirt.

"I do not want to undermine the poppy as a symbol of pride within Britain or offend anyone, however, we are all a product of our own upbringing and this is a personal choice for the reasons outlined.

"I hope everyone understands my reasons now that I have explained them and I can concentrate on helping the team in the games that lie ahead."

Matic didn't do it to make any sort of political statement it was a very personal decision which is in stark contrast to the self confessed fenian.

Matic is a brainless cunt as well. NATO bombed his village, what the fuck has that got to do with a Poppy. And it was bombed in response to Serbian atrocities. Sneaky looking Serbian cunt. He and Mourinho are match made in heaven.