Compo flood gates could open

Blumhoilann

An English non-league player was awarded £5k for an injury received in a competitive game(broken ankle)The judge stated it was a 'reckless challenge'.

The club involved may be put out of business because of the high cost of insurance to cover such incidents.

Is football becoming a total non contact sport?

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I think at that level is ok tbh boys are working 5/6days a week any sort of injury could massively impact on that.

These non league clubs should be adequately covered for these sorts of things.

They cant afford that sort of cover though so this judgement could end up with clubs having too close 

Total nonsense! You play the game / participate in the sport knowing there’s a possibility you might get injured. There’s hundreds of guys doing motorsport every weekend of the summer who spend thousands on their bikes and cars and some end up injured and down a few bob, before they’ve even missed a shift and they’re not all taking each other to court. 

I’m not sure if this is the same one but a few months back I saw a tackle from an English non-league game on YouTube where a player deliberately done another player miles off the ball and broke  his leg. There were comments that the guy was going to be taken to court for deliberately causing harm.

To be fair it looked like the guy had an excellent case if it was the same one.

On 22/11/2019 at 04:09, McEwan's Lager said:

I’m not sure if this is the same one but a few months back I saw a tackle from an English non-league game on YouTube where a player deliberately done another player miles off the ball and broke  his leg. There were comments that the guy was going to be taken to court for deliberately causing harm.

To be fair it looked like the guy had an excellent case if it was the same one.

Remember reading a FourFourTwo article years ago about a Man Utd youth player getting awarded £4.5m for suffering a leg break in a reserve game. 

Archived