Can I just say!!

Junior Soprano

13 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Lost my father a couple of years ago in tragic circumstances.

He always told me the day would come, and I’m not ashamed to admit there were points where I really doubted his belief.

We’re within touching distance, Old Boy.

Lost ma da 3 years ago mate, but we hadn't spoken for 18 years, and it was a year before the grief hit in and took its toll.hit the bottle massively, nearly lost it all.lost contact with you lot, spoke to JS yesterday, I've got a wee thing next week that scares the shite out of me. But the thought of 55 after all this shit makes it all worth it.dont fuck it Rangers please.it was a good hard earned point today.

No Surrender

Rab

23 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

I can remember waking up the morning after Annan beat us at Ibrox and that hangover and the feeling of sheer despair at everything we had suffered had me so scunnered I was at a real low point. 

My Dad reminded me of all the things my Grandad always said when he first took me to Ibrox. Supporting Rangers is for LIFE .. Good bad or indifferent your a fucking Blue nose always. 

I'm sure wee Rab would be fucking loving this. Especially as those banter years felt like they were never going to end. 

55 will be a hugely emotional moment and tears of joy will be shed by all the Rangers family. 

The fact those cunts who detest us more than they love their own Club are in disarray makes it even sweeter. 

MY Grandfather said to me when I was still a child. In life you will live in multiple homes, you will own multiple cars, you will have multiple girlfriends, you might even have more than one wife, but you will only ever have one football team, and that is Rangers.

5 hours ago, rab wilson said:

Lost ma da 3 years ago mate, but we hadn't spoken for 18 years, and it was a year before the grief hit in and took its toll.hit the bottle massively, nearly lost it all.lost contact with you lot, spoke to JS yesterday, I've got a wee thing next week that scares the shite out of me. But the thought of 55 after all this shit makes it all worth it.dont fuck it Rangers please.it was a good hard earned point today.

No Surrender

Rab

Good to see you back on Rab. Hope all goes well next week :tu:

Lost my old man just over 10 years ago.

Reading the personal, heart felt stories of raw love, emotion and loss makes you reflect on all the things we hold so dear.

As regard my old man, growing up and living in Dundee and becoming more aware of football late 70s, but more so early 80s, there were other teams it would have been easy to support, and though I was taken to Rangers games, I was never forced to support anyone.

When the time was right and me and my still mucker decided the Rangers were the team for us, we were given this talk that once the bug bites it will never leave you, I can still remember this, he said your mates will not understand, but when you do, you will know what i mean to follow on!! by feck nearly 40 years on, its still biting.

I find that the elderly who support us are maybe less vocal, maybe because they are not hanging on every development as we do through social media.

However that calmness belies their true blueness and I know from my own family that telling my old father-in-law that Rangers have just won (or that the scum have just lost) brings a huge smile to his face and is the highlight of his day.

He’s made it to 55 and, God willing, he’ll see 56, 57 and a few more too.

But in our joy, it is important that we remember the 66 as well as the many Rangers fans forced to eat shit in recent years but who haven’t quite made it to our impending redemption.

And there are fallen heroes who would have loved to see 55.

One in particular I will raise a glass to when it is official and nobody can take it from us.

2C646CD7-872B-4DC4-919C-43B0FBB66686.thumb.jpeg.2ac1ce078624d52d8c70710ea185d3e1.jpeg

God bless and RIP, Fernando.

Archived