George Square

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 5 , 10 ,50 years time when Covid is a distant memory and the daily restrictions forgotten about . The images of Rangers fans taking over George square will be an iconic part of our History . Like the pitch invasion of Pittodrie in 87, Barcelona 72 , Big Marvin on his knees looking to the big man upstairs in 2005 . The images from George square will tell the story of 55 to future generation of Rangers fans.

I was at Ibrox and George Square and the police were sound with us. Couple of times told us to bun beers n that but that was about it.

Was there information about the kind of numbers at George Square? Seen reports saying about 3,000 at Ibrox but I’d say there was more than double that in the city centre.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

If anyone has the time put in a freedom request to the council asking when was the last time the benches were maintained as probably not checked for years.

“We keek out the window every so often to see their condition ,not often they have people sitting on them since they are covered in pigeon shit .”

7 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I was at Ibrox and George Square and the police were sound with us. Couple of times told us to bun beers n that but that was about it.

Was there information about the kind of numbers at George Square? Seen reports saying about 3,000 at Ibrox but I’d say there was more than double that in the city centre.

Nah wouldn't say as much as that at George Square

Over £13K now raised I hope it can be kept away from GCC, I do not trust them to sort these benches. 

Update:

TODAYby John White, Organiser

Hi everyone i have been in contact with the other fundraiser by robert marshall and we have agreed to split the costs of getting the benches repaired, Any money that is left over will be given to the erskine appeal and poppy scotland, I am still waiting on the council getting back to me but once i have a reply i will let everyone know thank you.

Archived