Defensive partnership

RangersMedia

17 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

He’s playing tonight 🤣 so my original point stands. He’s been training full contact with the team since pre season started, he’s just not been given the opportunity to play. It’s been over a year since his surgery, almost 14 months actually. 

He played 45mins against brighton was it 😂😂

11 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We went man for man at the back and I've more confidence in Balogun than Helander for that. I do think Helander on the whole is better than Balogun on defending when it's 2 CHs v 1 forward

Why? He's might have pace but he isn't even 1/4 the defender Helander is. It was an insane decision. 

22 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Filip Helander is our best defender. 

Connor Goldson has been awful to start this season. I like big Leon but he's not at the required level for the CL. 

Gerrard needs to stop fucking around with the GK and CB positions. McGregor, Goldson and Helander has to start every single game where available. We are conceding absolute fucking shiters and the defence has to build confidence again and quickly.

If he wants to make changes it has to be Patterson for Tav or Bassey for Barisic given how absolutely fucking horrible they have both been.

100% 

I get rotation a bit into the season or for lower tier games and cups but straight away? Easy to say in hindsight but McGregor might not have been beaten for the Dundee Utd goal and Helander was a stick-on to start last night after being great in 1st leg then Balogun is at fault for both goals, picked for a bit of pace.

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Motherwell away?

The game Goldson slipped for the first? Tav lost his marker at the corner for the third and the second goal Katic had his man marked.

You just basing that solely on the result?

Whats the second Hearts game? The 1-1? When Tav and Goldson fucked up for the goal?

Spartak away - Goldson o.g? 4th deflected off Goldson. Again Katic at no fault for all 4 goals.

Kilmarnock away nothing to do with first goal, Goldson caught ball watching for the second.

Please prove how Katic cost a goal vs Kilmarnock, this should be fun..

Hilarious seeing you continue to blame Katic in games Goldson had howlers.

Can I ask what goal Tavernier cost yesterday, or Barisic? Or you too daft to realise you can be pish with causing goals.

The Motherwell game, all three were pish

Hearts game, bullied by Uche all game, 2-1 game, again he like the rest were pish

I’ll give you the Killie goal though, I remembered it completely wrong, and thought both he and Goldson had a shocker. Didn’t cover himself in glory with being nowhere near the header though. 

And yes, there are a fair few examples of Goldson having shockers as well, but he’s still so much better

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Both are attacking full backs and were poor offensively, stupid to compare that to CBs.

Tav also was woeful at the second.

I'm not the one blaming someone for others having howlers. Katic was nowhere near as bad in those games as you're claiming bar St Johnstone and Hearts. 

Hes had some absolute stinkers but you overstate how many and to claim we couldn't win the league with him playing is ridiculous.

I bet he didn't expect you to have such a good memory when listing all the games Katic was supposedly pish in 😂

19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I quite like Katic, but he is never going to be the important player for us that some people think he will.

Would he be any worse than Goldson on current form or Balogun? Not for me. 

He could learn a lot playing alongside Helander, a fucking helluva lot more than playing alongside Goldson or Balogun.

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Both are attacking full backs and were poor offensively, stupid to compare that to CBs.

Tav also was woeful at the second.

I'm not the one blaming someone for others having howlers. Katic was nowhere near as bad in those games as you're claiming bar St Johnstone and Hearts. 

Hes had some absolute stinkers but you overstate how many and to claim we couldn't win the league with him playing is ridiculous.

Still defenders and had poor games.

I’m not blaming him for others having stinkers, he had stinkers, Goldson also had stickers. Makes a change from Goldson being blamed for Katic’s mistakes which was the norm on here.

I don’t, and I was replying to some saying he had 5 or less bad games which was a load of shite. It’s not, he’s not good enough and we wouldn’t win it with him.

45 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I quite like Katic, but he is never going to be the important player for us that some people think he will.

Of course he won't, he'll never get the chance because he'll misplace one pass and Gerrard will drop him, meanwhile goldson can try cruyff turns in his 18yard box, get robbed and cost us 3 points at home to hamilton and still swan into a starting place next game

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Would he be any worse than Goldson on current form or Balogun? Not for me. 

He could learn a lot playing alongside Helander, a fucking helluva lot more than playing alongside Goldson or Balogun.

He might not be, but Gerrard didn’t seem particular keen on him before COVID and since then Katic has suffered a serious knee injury and we have signed Balogun and Simpson so I seriously doubt he’s going to be able to win him over now. I’m not even convinced he’ll still even be a Rangers player this time next year tbh.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He’s the new Matt Mackay in how he’s views by the support. And I like him too.