*****Official Irish League Thread*****

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Not over, but Linfield have looked poor lately. Need to shake themselves out of it.

Too many shitey loans from from england amd scotland...

Since we went proffesional, lost full defence from last season who wanted stay part time because of their good jobs.

Healy under huge pressure here 

The oval is probably one of my favourite grounds in the league tbh, I like the old school look of it.

Hate Windsor park. Think it looks absolutely daft in the league and Linfield have their fans in the same stand as the camera so it looks even worse on tv 

31 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Getting relegated. Teams turned into a shitey yo-yo club in recent years 

I think the set up is quite silly when teams like Portadown are yo-yo clubs. They are much bigger than anything in the Championship so will always come straight back up.

In my view there's actually no point in teams like Warrenpoint or Loughgall getting promoted. They should just go back to having 14 or 16 teams in the top league with no relegation and having Intermediate and Junior below that like was the case for years.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think the set up is quite silly when teams like Portadown are yo-yo clubs. They are much bigger than anything in the Championship.

In my view there's actually no point in teams like Warrenpoint or Loughgall getting promoted. They should just go back to having 14 or 16 teams in the top league with no relegation and having Intermediate and Junior below that like was the case for years.

I don’t think Loughgall can get promoted, I think there’s some reason that they can’t go up even if they win the championship :lol:

Pretty sure it happened a few years back

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t think Loughgall can get promoted, I think there’s some reason that they can’t go up even if they win the championship :lol:

Pretty sure it happened a few years back

That should save Portadown from the drop then if they finish second? I'm not sure how it works. Obviously Ballinamallard would have no issues.

Can Ports go down and Annagh come up? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That should save Portadown from the drop then if they finish second? I'm not sure how it works. Obviously Ballinamallard would have no issues.

Can Ports go down and Annagh come up? :lol: 

Newry will get automatic if they win the league and I assume if Loughgall finish second then the playoff game will be whoever is in third :lol:

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It would be funny if they got promoted but had to use Shamrock Park :lol:

I don’t know too much about them. Do they have any leanings? 

:lol:

They’re just a wee club I always associated with youth football in town, because that’s all they seemed to be for as most in the town support Portadown. They’re a Protestant based club aswell, but I’m genuinely not sure they have any proper fans :lol:

I’m not sure what would happen in terms of where they would be required to play, because they have one small stand with a handful of seats and I think that’s the issue Loughgall have in regards promotion and they have 2 stands