FIFA 23

G.E.C.

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Do you play with a schedule to max rewards?

Not that I really have the time or desire to do it but I'm curious.

For example it seems to me the best option is on a Sunday/Monday play through Squad Battles and try and hit 30 games at WC with your 5 goals / 10 shots per target to at least get Elite 1 rewards, then thrash Rivals to make Champions? 

Not really I have a brain tumour so I spend most of my time at home so I play a lot of fifa to kill time so I win a lot of games and lose a lot. 

I just get a few wins in a row occasionally and that promotes me into the next division. 

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Packed kane, finally have a lethal striker but by fuck he's slow, not convinced by him up top at all

Pair him with a fast striker I use Al Jaber with a hunter and an engine on Kane as I'm doing first owner objectives and let the fast player run and give Kane the ball and just shoot don't do anything else. 

18 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Not really I have a brain tumour so I spend most of my time at home so I play a lot of fifa to kill time so I win a lot of games and lose a lot. 

I just get a few wins in a row occasionally and that promotes me into the next division. 

Brutal mate, needless to say hope it all works out. Tbh I always wondered how you had mad good teams :lol: reality is often disappointing...

6 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Brutal mate, needless to say hope it all works out. Tbh I always wondered how you had mad good teams :lol: reality is often disappointing...

Yeah that's definitely true mate but I'm OK I won't let it beat me. 

I know how to play the game and how to make a good team from limited coins and how to make it go as far as possible. 

It doesn't hurt that I wasn't bad at the last few fifas last year was the worst so far for me but that's when my health started to take a downturn so it's understandable I'm not great at this one but I do a lot of quitting if I start badly to not frustrate myself and get it over with when if I stayed I'd probably win the game. 

10 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Pair him with a fast striker I use Al Jaber with a hunter and an engine on Kane as I'm doing first owner objectives and let the fast player run and give Kane the ball and just shoot don't do anything else. 

I have depay up top full chem, converted him to striker, think i prefers dybala up top, will see how it goes, faced some decent defences with kane so might be the issue

6 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Yeah that's definitely true mate but I'm OK I won't let it beat me. 

I know how to play the game and how to make a good team from limited coins and how to make it go as far as possible. 

It doesn't hurt that I wasn't bad at the last few fifas last year was the worst so far for me but that's when my health started to take a downturn so it's understandable I'm not great at this one but I do a lot of quitting if I start badly to not frustrate myself and get it over with when if I stayed I'd probably win the game. 

I need to start doing this too. Was about to have a coronary last night playing the game. Just realised there's been an update so that makes sense.

All the best with your health!

15 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Playing a game of squad battles, first attack and I give away a penalty because the game decided to switch the controls to PES style controls meaning a slid in when I wanted to do a standing tackle. Fucking ready to launch this controller out the window today :lol: 

I played a game earlier that for some reason had the fucking motionscense shite activated I was furious. 

1 hour ago, lidorfc said:

Getting fucked since I got to Div 6. Everycunt has fucking Ronaldo!

Higher up is just hell. 

I played someone with a full icon team in the last checkpoint of div 3 earlier and it was fucking hell. 

I looked at the prices on futbin before it went down and the team was worth nearly 9 million he had Cruyff and Gullit. 

8 hours ago, lidorfc said:

Playing a game of squad battles, first attack and I give away a penalty because the game decided to switch the controls to PES style controls meaning a slid in when I wanted to do a standing tackle. Fucking ready to launch this controller out the window today :lol: 

Squad Battles are absolutely brutal this year :lol:

Because I'm not very good at FIFA I rely upon it as my main way of getting coins and cards. It had been fairly easy for even a shite player like me to get into Elite 1 in an efficient way which gives you nearly 28,000 (I think) coins and a good few card packs on a weekly basis. 

The efficiency rate for being able to do that seems to have got harder though. Last week I had to play all 40 games to guarantee my rank. There's less lower ranked sides this year to play and even though the chem stats on the face of it are lower its a bit misleading because a 3 rated chemistry team this season seems to be about the same as around an 80 rated chemistry team from the last game in how competent to their stats they are.

Player limitations have got worse and the gameplay is really clunky compared to Rivals. On top of that the AI seems a lot more aggressive and also more in tune on stopping you going for your max points. I really struggle to gain a 10th corner. If I do that, I'll struggle to get a 10th shot on target, or a 5th goal, or if I've got that all sorted from nowhere they will score a worldie on 90 minutes to ruin my clean sheet bonus :lol: 

I think I've had a perfect max points game on WC once so far.

They also don't seem to have as many squads on rotation either compared to last year. It's got boring really quickly. They didn't even bother updating the featured team this week either which was really lazy.

44 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Higher up is just hell. 

I played someone with a full icon team in the last checkpoint of div 3 earlier and it was fucking hell. 

I looked at the prices on futbin before it went down and the team was worth nearly 9 million he had Cruyff and Gullit. 

At least with the position system changing you don't have guys playing Pele at CM this year :lol: 

28 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Because I'm not very good at FIFA I rely upon it as my main way of getting coins and cards. It had been fairly easy for even a shite player like me to get into Elite 1 in an efficient way which gives you nearly 28,000 (I think) coins and a good few card packs on a weekly basis. 

The efficiency rate for being able to do that seems to have got harder though. Last week I had to play all 40 games to guarantee my rank. There's less lower ranked sides this year to play and even though the chem stats on the face of it are lower its a bit misleading because a 3 rated chemistry team this season seems to be about the same as around an 80 rated chemistry team from the last game in how competent to their stats they are.

Player limitations have got worse and the gameplay is really clunky compared to Rivals. On top of that the AI seems a lot more aggressive and also more in tune on stopping you going for your max points. I really struggle to gain a 10th corner. If I do that, I'll struggle to get a 10th shot on target, or a 5th goal, or if I've got that all sorted from nowhere they will score a worldie on 90 minutes to ruin my clean sheet bonus :lol: 

They also don't seem to have as many squads on rotation either compared to last year. It's got boring really quickly. They didn't even bother updating the featured team this week either which was really lazy.

Are they Squad battles multipliers or something? 

21 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Are the Squad battles multipliers or something? 

Yeah. You get an increasing points multiplier for the level you are at but you also get points for goals (up to five), shots on target (up to ten), corners (up to ten), possession, and MOTM award. I think that's it but I may have missed one. Goals conceded have deductions up to a certain amount, as do yellow and red cards. It's why when you finish a squad battle there is a stats page where it will have things like a multiple of 100 under goals. It's similar to the way the coin generator for a match works.

Unless you are capable of getting max points at elite/ultimate to get top 200, its best to aim for getting into Elite 1 each week in the most efficient time (i.e. least amount of games). 

Theoretically it's better to play at a level you are capable of always gaining the max points at versus just winning at a higher level because it means its easier to achieve a higher ranking quicker. For example, if you can win 4 professional games with the max points its better than winning 4 world class games 1-0.

It gets quite tedious though going 5 nil up and then grinding all the other achievements. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I've had the same squads since early access they've never updated and I've always had Sam Kerrs squad too. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

At least with the position system changing you don't have guys playing Pele at CM this year :lol: 

That's true though I once played someone last year who used Mbappe at cdm all game and he ran the show against me. 

24 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I've had the same squads since early access they've never updated and I've always had Sam Kerrs squad too. 

Aye I'm the same.

Does everyone get the same squads to play? If they do I can't remember their name but I absolutely hate playing that team that uses the pink Forest Green top as one of the kits. I think they are 83 rated with 3 chemistry or something. It's a breeze to play against some of the 84 teams with high chemistry but this one are just a grind every time I play against them.

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Aye I'm the same.

Does everyone get the same squads to play? If they do I can't remember their name but I absolutely hate playing that team that uses the pink Forest Green top as one of the kits. I think they are 83 rated with 3 chemistry or something. It's a breeze to play against some of the 84 teams with high chemistry but this one are just a grind every time I play against them.

I think the squads are bugged so they are the same for everyone.