Our squad isnt that old either. Average age -  26.8. Celtic's average 25.9

Hearts are 26.3

Hibs 26.2

Aberdeen 25

St Mirren  26.7

Livi 26.9

Lose McGregor and Davis this summer and it'll drop too

20 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

I think he has been told he can leave by Beale. 

No sure on that but I seen the post match presser on Sunday, Beale looked as though he's no interested anymore, even if he were to stay I don't think the club would be willing to pay him to the level he's on now.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Our squad isnt that old either. Average age -  26.8. celtic's average 25.9

Hearts are 26.3

Hibs 26.2

Aberdeen 25

St Mirren  26.7

Livi 26.9

Lose McGregor and Davis this summer and it'll drop too

New signings are helping- finally reverting to a sensible player profile. Hopefully Tillman signs on and Kent. And finally McGregor, Davis and Arfield will be gone. So slow progress at last. 

The actual team that’s taken the field this year pre Xmas isn’t a young one though out the starters. Against Napoli we had one starter under 26! That was Sands who has left. Most of this season pre Xmas we fielded at least 9 of McGregor, tav, Goldson, Davies, Barasic, Jack, Lundstrum, Kent, Lawrence, Colak, Davis, Arfield

41, 31, 30,29,30, 31,29, 26, 29,29, 38,34.

First old firm I think we had 2 players 25 or younger. One was Sands and the other Tillman. They had 7. In the final they fielded 14 outfield players. Only 2 were over 28. So there’s a big difference still in the type of player we are fielding vs them. 

Maybe our squad average age is fine but alot of our younger guys like devine, King, Hagi, Lowry, Matondo realistically aren’t starters or even first choice subs.

Progress signs are good so far under Beale

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

New signings are helping- finally reverting to a sensible player profile. Hopefully Tillman signs on and Kent. And finally McGregor, Davis and Arfield will be gone. So slow progress at last. 

The actual team that’s taken the field this year pre Xmas isn’t a young one though out the starters. Against Napoli we had one starter under 26! That was Sands who has left. Most of this season pre Xmas we fielded at least 9 of McGregor, tav, Goldson, Davies, Barasic, Jack, Lundstrum, Kent, Lawrence, Colak, Davis, Arfield

41, 31, 30,29,30, 31,29, 26, 29,29, 38,34.

First old firm I think we had 2 players 25 or younger. One was Sands and the other Tillman. They had 7. In the final they fielded 14 outfield players. Only 2 were over 28. So there’s a big difference still in the type of player we are fielding vs them. 

Maybe our squad average age is fine but alot of our younger guys like devine, King, Hagi, Lowry, Matondo realistically aren’t starters or even first choice subs.

Progress signs are good so far under Beale

So the below was made up pish?

"With a very bloated, old, injury prone and stale squad"

Alfie never kicked on after the 18/19 season and it was that summer the highest bid was received by the club.

His trajectory at that time was high and he was most likely forecast to break the 20+ goals for the title winning season, only achieved the 12 goals however and despite his 14 goals in europe that season he has steadily declined and never reached the heights.

For what it's worth I believe he will do very well in Spain it's a league that suits him in more ways than one and I wish him all the best if his move comes to fruition, but Rangers need to move on and should in all seriousness have done so long before now, we pinned our hopes on him being our talisman but in reality he wasn't. (Hard for me to say) my patience for sentimentality is very thin at the moment.

Screenshot_20230314-124320_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, bluenose244 said:

Alfie never kicked on after the 18/19 season and it was that summer the highest bid was received by the club.

His trajectory at that time was high and he was most likely forecast to break the 20+ goals for the title winning season, only achieved the 12 goals however and despite his 14 goals in europe that season he has steadily declined and never reached the heights.

For what it's worth I believe he will do very well in Spain it's a league that suits him in more ways than one and I wish him all the best if his move comes to fruition, but Rangers need to move on and should in all seriousness have done so long before now, we pinned our hopes on him being our talisman but in reality he wasn't. (Hard for me to say) my patience for sentimentality is very thin at the moment.

Why have you ignored his cup and European goals?

3 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

Don't agree with that, his form in the first half of 2019-20 was as good as I'd seen since Negri in terms of scoring goals, he was brilliant, the problems started after the winter break, all that carry on with his car, the  returning late from Colombia, being dropped and costing us in the Scottish Cup, Gerrard losing his patience with him... Alfie was always problematic but it seemed to hit a real peak at this point and he's not been the same goalscorer since.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Same argument as the other day, no one's ignoring his cup and European goals, but where our bread and butter is - Alfredo hasn't capitalised on his 18 goals. Nor even 14 consistently.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Same argument as the other day, no one's ignoring his cup and European goals, but where our bread and butter is - Alfredo hasn't capitalised on his 18 goals. Nor even 14 consistently.

Arsenal's top scorer this season has 12 goals in the Premier League so far this term.

Just now, The Dude said:

Arsenal's top scorer this season has 12 goals in the Premier League so far this term.

🤔 You're comparing scoring goals in a league with Man City, Liverpool, Utd etc, against lowblocking teams in our league that equate to league one or championship level opponents at best.

Come off it.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I mentioned his European goals, as for cup goals how many cup goals has he scored in cup finals? 

The crux of my argument is he's never hit the 20 goal threshold that wins you titles.

Not through lack of ability through lack of reliability, we could never rely on Alfredo that's the heart of the problem.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

🤔 You're comparing scoring goals in a league with Man City, Liverpool, Utd etc, against lowblocking teams in our league that equate to league one or championship level opponents at best.

Come off it.

Sitting five points clear in their league. Big difference is they have several players in double figures.

Kemar Roofe ended the 55 season as our top scorer with a MASSIVE 14 league goals.

Just now, bluenose244 said:

I mentioned his European goals, as for cup goals how many cup goals has he scored in cup finals? 

The crux of my argument is he's never hit the 20 goal threshold that wins you titles.

Not through lack of ability through lack of reliability, we could never rely on Alfredo that's the heart of the problem.

Like when we won 55? No wait, our topscorer had 14 league goals that season.

Just now, The Dude said:

Sitting five points clear in their league. Big difference is they have several players in double figures.

Kemar Roofe ended the 55 season as our top scorer with a MASSIVE 14 league goals.

As I just said above, Morelos hasn't even consistently delivered 14. The stats argue he's declining.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So not 20

16 and 17 just one goal shy too?

Yes 16, 16 and 17 scored from the midfield by de Boer, Ferguson and Albertz!

I think Alfie and his 12 goals a season would suffice just fine if we had them players in the middle of the park yes 👍🏻

Just now, bluenose244 said:

Yes 16, 16 and 17 scored from the midfield by de Boer, Ferguson and Albertz!

I think Alfie and his 12 goals a season would suffice just fine if we had them in the middle of the park yes 👍🏻

So the problem lies with the likes of Kent (28 league goals in his entire Rangers career)?