Get the board out

It's clear after yesterday this board aren't going anywhere. Any new investor must fit in with the structure no one person will own the football club. 

That's good in a way because we will always have people on the board looking after our interests. However it blocks consortiums coming in like the mob that bought Chelsea for example and I think it's in those types of takeovers where the real money is.. 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's clear after yesterday this board aren't going anywhere. Any new investor must fit in with the structure no one person will own the football club. 

That's good in a way because we will always have people on the board looking after our interests. However it blocks consortiums coming in like the mob that bought Chelsea for example and I think it's in those types of takeovers where the real money is.. 

There's no big money coming into Scottish football from a consortium.

Having read through this thread, I think the vast majority of people are right. I think that Gilligan’s press conference was a bit of a disaster though - he said something along the lines of “going back to who our other candidates were” for the CEO, so the people who weren’t better than the St Mirren vice chair and Kibble CEO. I’m not holding my breath that things will get better any time soon.

32 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

There's no big money coming into Scottish football from a consortium.

You're right but that stance taken buy our board puts a end to it. It puts a end to serious money being put in at all tbh even from current investors if they wanted to. 

Nobody anywhere is bankrolling a football club without a controlling stake. 

That's the only thing that has me slightly worried after yesterday. 

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

It’s a gift and a curse.

Prevents a Craig Whyte situation, but makes attracting investment difficult.

A club of our scale should be able to live within our means, and only rely on loans / investment for strategic projects and not for keeping the lights on.

On balance, I’m for the current approach. 

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

You're right but that stance taken buy our board puts a end to it. It puts a end to serious money being put in at all tbh even from current investors if they wanted to. 

Nobody anywhere is bankrolling a football club without a controlling stake. 

That's the only thing that has me slightly worried after yesterday. 

Mate there's no 'serious' money coming into the club from a consortium no matter what.

There's nothing to gain in return.