Throw ins, how no?

JWAC

Plenty to moan about tonight and can accept we were up against a much better team but the amount of times I saw us struggle to take a throw in was making my blood boil.

Watching no players making themselves available for the ball, 10 seconds till anyone does and there's a Lyon player on him and no one else to provide an alternative.

That's all down to coaching

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

We’ve been shite at taking throw ins for my entire lifetime 

It’s not rocket science, get over quick, get the ball in play before the defence can mark everyone 

We don't know what a quick throw in is never mind a slow one

8 minutes ago, JWAC said:

Plenty to moan about tonight and can accept we were up against a much better team but the amount of times I saw us struggle to take a throw in was making my blood boil.

Watching no players making themselves available for the ball, 10 seconds till anyone does and there's a Lyon player on him and no one else to provide an alternative.

That's all down to coaching

I felt the same.  The lack of urgency or movement was doing my head in.  Just summed up our mentality tonight really. 

It's one of many frustrating things about watching us play

Whenever diddy teams play against us the ball just goes up the line. When we had Morelos, we did it loads under Gerrard. Simple, up the park, use the strength to try and either win a 2nd ball higher up the park or win another throw in and go again. 

Nowadays we throw it to a midfielder who passes it back to the throw-in taker who passes it back to the CB who passes it back to the GK who punts it up the park

Rinse & repeat

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If there is nothing on, come short and pass it back to the thrower. Basic stuff. 

I saw Jefté throw it backwards, almost giving Cherki a break down the wing!

I think that's the one I remember most. Barron was in the middle of the park, next closest was up the wing between 2 players and could only eventually play it back to Propper or Soutar who nearly lost it