offensive chants backlash begins

Guest Andypendek

Guest orangpendek

i've posted many times about how the whining from the neighbours about 'offensive chanting' would in the end lead to cutting the ground from under their own feet, in true marxist fashion. little did i suspect it would start so soon. this evenings phone in on RR was full of fans of other teams moaning about how they were misunderstood, that pr has gone mad, that football is losing its grip on reality. this is the inevitable path the ridiculous furore about chanting can go down, its intrinsic hollowness will be revealed more and more. of course, it is a pity it had to take other people being pilloried for the penny to drop, but we can scarce expect any sympathy for us.

4/9/07 - a good day for football!

Guest orangpendek

i was hoping not to have to type all this!

motherwell fans accused of racist chanting against laryea kingston, lo and behold no no no it wasn't racist they were just booing him cause he called that ref a racist. apart from the pitiful standard of the excuse, the main point is that as soon as other teams get a bit of a spanking they all resort to the phone ins to protest that football is losing its bite, political correctness has gone mad and that we should stop now before things go too far.

THEY were misunderstood?!?!?!?!?!

For the last two years we HAVE BEEN TOLD that the word fenian means catholic - end of. No more discussion. And by singing TBB we were hating catholics and wanting the whole catholic population to be killed.

In true Chewin the Fat form - "Now ye know how it feels"

I dont care if Hearts were singing fenian blood, "hibee blood" or "potatoes" or if Motherwell were simply booing Kingston instead of making monkey noises - your all gonna get it in the neck. You did the same to us and weve suffered so now its your turn

Guest orangpendek

well yes, but the important thing is that now they know what is going to happen every time they open their mouths we should see a reduction in the coverage this drivel gets.

who knows, we might even get to sing one or two old favourites one day!

i've posted many times about how the whining from the neighbours about 'offensive chanting' would in the end lead to cutting the ground from under their own feet, in true marxist fashion. little did i suspect it would start so soon. this evenings phone in on RR was full of fans of other teams moaning about how they were misunderstood, that pr has gone mad, that football is losing its grip on reality. this is the inevitable path the ridiculous furore about chanting can go down, its intrinsic hollowness will be revealed more and more. of course, it is a pity it had to take other people being pilloried for the penny to drop, but we can scarce expect any sympathy for us.

4/9/07 - a good day for football!

Oh, the irony of it all.

I forgot to add, it will be so much better when themhanks get a full bhoona from the SPL as well, the phone ins will be great.

I'd gladly pay top dollar for a recording of said phone-ins. Laughter is the best medicine (after whisky, that is). :D

motherwell fans accused of racist chanting against laryea kingston, lo and behold no no no it wasn't racist they were just booing him cause he called that ref a racist. apart from the pitiful standard of the excuse, the main point is that as soon as other teams get a bit of a spanking they all resort to the phone ins to protest that football is losing its bite, political correctness has gone mad and that we should stop now before things go too far.

Motherwell fans were not booing Kingston for his racist accusations last seasons; he was abused for being a cheat!

No charges have been made against Motherwell, because the Police, the Linesman, 4th Official, Setanta, etc did not hear racist chanting because it did not occur! It was based on some BBC guy grabbing the wrong end of the stick as to why Kingston was being abused..... he elected not to report Calum Elliot getting far more abuse, a good degree or two more nasty into the bargain! The accusations have now been removed from the Beeb website.

Typical sensationalisation from the Scottish press: Why let facts get in the way of a good old story!

Motherwell fans were not booing Kingston for his racist accusations last seasons; he was abused for being a cheat!

No charges have been made against Motherwell, because the Police, the Linesman, 4th Official, Setanta, etc did not hear racist chanting because it did not occur! It was based on some BBC guy grabbing the wrong end of the stick as to why Kingston was being abused..... he elected not to report Calum Elliot getting far more abuse, a good degree or two more nasty into the bargain! The accusations have now been removed from the Beeb website.

Typical sensationalisation from the Scottish press: Why let facts get in the way of a good old story!

Perhaps you should read this little post....

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=36725

So Celtic have been given an apoligy for being accused of sectarian singing at Aberdeen

Motherwell have had the accusation removed from the beeb

So what about the accusations our fans were singing songs at ICT? We still get told we were singing them

Read it and disagree. I was sitting in the East stand (the Well stand the guy refers to as the scene of the crime!); and confirm that there was no racism eminating from there! The actual allegation was in the Main Stand - directly across from the East.

Think the guy has had bum info from his mates.

Refer to my earlier post where I noted that there is no investigation (SFA or Police); because nothing happened!

Football fans the world over try to be as offensive as possible ... it's all part of the macho culture that surrounds it. The problem is even though other clubs may be saved by this new realism I suspect that we won't ... we will still be judged by different standards, for example if this had been us

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/more/2007/09...89520-19719302/

we would never have heard the end of it :angry2:

Read it and disagree. I was sitting in the East stand (the Well stand the guy refers to as the scene of the crime!); and confirm that there was no racism eminating from there! The actual allegation was in the Main Stand - directly across from the East.

Think the guy has had bum info from his mates.

Refer to my earlier post where I noted that there is no investigation (SFA or Police); because nothing happened!

I think though fin that stories involving us or the OF tend to grow and grow long before anyone doesn't anything sensible like examine whether anything actually occurred or not.

The jumped up nonentities in charge of scottish football,after jumping onto the bandwagon, will find it difficult to close the can of worms that they opened without thinking through the consequences of their eagerness to please Uefa and the gutter press.

Any remotely offensive chant, gesture or comment will soon have to be investigated, I guess.

I wonder if smell could be a reason for outrage and complaint?

Guest orangpendek

so finzster, we should believe you why?

would you believe any rangers fans who claimed they were booing neil lennon coz he's a prick and not a catholic? did anyone?

if you're going to boo people in the hearts team for diving, 1- you'd be doing it all night and 2-how come it was only the black guy who upset you? they should all have 'luganis' on the back of their shirt.

STV showed the chants last night and the monkey noises seemed pretty clear to me. Not to mention the Hearts fans singing about fenians.

Add this to the Celtic support chanting about 'h***' the other week, I think other clubs are soon going to regret having the ignorance and hypocrisy to try and suggest Rangers were ever the only team with a problem of offensive chanting.