Gow in scoring form

Bazza

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the problem my smelly scaley friend :) whenever i am on here all i notice is you slagging players off,is there any that you actually do like out of the currant rangers squad ?

I wouldnt call that donkey Gow players.....heez lucky if heez got the skill of one :lol:

thats the problem my smelly scaley friend :) whenever i am on here all i notice is you slagging players off,is there any that you actually do like out of the currant rangers squad ?

I wouldnt call that donkey Gow players.....heez lucky if heez got the skill of one :lol:

Is there any chance you could give a few pointers as to the qualities you seek in someone for them to become players, I'm sure we would all like the view of the Billy Boys doon the orange halls seeing as you like to keep us supporters on different sides?

surprise surprise,totally blanked the question,no wonder your so frowned upon, someone asks you a legitimate question and you dont even have the decency to answer :(

I said he is a donkey...surley that clarifys the issue...

D O N K E Y

ermmm the question i asked ? i dont recall asking you about gow,although fish only have memory spans of 8 seconds or less then it doesnt surpise me that you totally missed the point,in the words of a very well respected former manager:

i repeat :P are there any of the currant squad that you actually do like ?

ermmm the question i asked ? i dont recall asking you about gow,although fish only have memory spans of 8 seconds or less then it doesnt surpise me that you totally missed the point,in the words of a very well respected former manager:

i repeat :P are there any of the currant squad that you actually do like ?

Aye but am no tellin ye...you will huv tae go back and read aw ma posts :)

boyd would appear to be the only one that I can recall from the top of my head, so to answer one of my points, you don't see pace as being a trait a modern day footballer should have, the ability to go for a header or chest to hold up play and bring others into play is another trait you don't see as necessary in the game either, at least we're getting somewhere now!

"Aye but am no tellin ye...you will huv tae go back and read aw ma posts"

lol aye no fooking likely,i soiled my eyes once before by reading more than 3 posts in one day by you :P

c'mon though,who do you like in the currant squad?

Which part dae ye no understand.....you will huv tae go back and read aw ma posts"

See ye

you know what fish,DELETED,you wonder why noone apart from your little shoal of sticklebacks believes or has any time for anything you say,all i asked was a civil question,couldnt even reply with a civil answer,yet again fish shows his true colours and they certainly aint blue :(

I actually agree with FISH. The amount of threads hyping up Gow like he is the second coming is ridicilous.

At the end of the day he was signed on a free transfer, as a squad player. He is not going to be the superstar that people make him out to be on here and it is unlikely that he will even make the squad.

Boyd, JCD, Cousin, Naismith, Beasley, McCulloch and Whittaker are all ahead of him in the pecking order and even if this U21 rule is scrapped only four from eight (Gow included) will make the match squad.

People like doc and FISH say they have seen him play and he isn't that good, and are quickly shot down by people who say "oh how many times have you seen him play" or "We don't know what he can do yet"

WS sees him every day in training and therefore is in a better position to judge him than any of us on the basis of a good half vs LA and some neat touches last time Falkirk played us. So far he hasn't even made the bench for a game and that IMO speaks volumes.

Also as a side point: if our system can't accomadate Buffel then it can't accomadte Gow either.

Gow isn't a striker and he isn't a left winger either, he plays just off the front man/men and if we do adopt that system then Buffel would get the nod from me every time.

I actually agree with FISH. The amount of threads hyping up Gow like he is the second coming is ridicilous.

At the end of the day he was signed on a free transfer, as a squad player. He is not going to be the superstar that people make him out to be on here and it is unlikely that he will even make the squad.

Boyd, JCD, Cousin, Naismith, Beasley, McCulloch and Whittaker are all ahead of him in the pecking order and even if this U21 rule is scrapped only four from eight (Gow included) will make the match squad.

People like doc and FISH say they have seen him play and he isn't that good, and are quickly shot down by people who say "oh how many times have you seen him play" or "We don't know what he can do yet"

WS sees him every day in training and therefore is in a better position to judge him than any of us on the basis of a good half vs LA and some neat touches last time Falkirk played us. So far he hasn't even made the bench for a game and that IMO speaks volumes.

Also as a side point: if our system can't accomadate Buffel then it can't accomadte Gow either.

Gow isn't a striker and he isn't a left winger either, he plays just off the front man/men and if we do adopt that system then Buffel would get the nod from me every time.

To be fair mate, I only asked how many times he had seen Gow because going from previous posts I have read by him say that he goes from the Orange Halls to the Bars for the games, he mentions nothing of going to games (not that that is an issue as I have not been to a game for a while due to being a skint student) if he has only seen Gow play on the tv coverage then that doesn't provide the overall contribution of any player (such as off the ball runs to drag def's out of position etc)

To rate a player you have to have a rough idea of what traits you are looking for surely? I have asked for a wee taster of what he wishes a player to have, the replies.......non existent. It would appear that he can slate a helluva lot of our players and call them donkeys, but when we ask what attributes let that certain player down he cannot or does not want to reply, which is his right as nobody is forced to take part in any debate on this forum. What gets on a few posters wicks is when the comments about our players are bog standard 'heez a donkey, cos the billy boyz say so' Hold onto your hat if you disagree, 'well us doon the boozer think yeez are scummy tims and no real Rangers fan if yeez canny see that!'

* had to edit, helps to reread posts before hitting add reply :doh:

Apologies if you feel I'm picking on you Fish but had to get that off my chest!

As for Gow again, I feel like you that the hype is getting a bit much for a squad player and as such, because of the way the team is playing it seems stupid to swap the first team about that much when we have had the results we have had. Just give the guy a chance when he gets his turn, and don't start the tutting and FFS'ing when he misplaces a pass or fails to get a cross in, my view is we support the team from start to finish as at times our players need the support from the stands and they cannot express themselves to the extreme if they know they are about to be shouted at by 50 odd thousand bears.

dictatorship ?

thanks for deleting my post,is it because its offensive to the fish or because its actually true ?

Never been called a DELETED before by so called Rangers fans

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ye no probs m8,ive pm'd dado about my posts and stuff,i do apologise for the swearing

ohh and btw,talking about posts totally unrelated to gow,the fish has 4 at last count in this thread,have they been deleted ? :) sorry for the childishness lol but if we are going by unrelated posts then hes had a few more than me in this thread :)

back to gow,hes worth a place on the bench,no more atm id say :)

lol aye no fooking likely,i soiled my eyes once before by reading more than 3 posts in one day by you :P

Which part dae ye no understand.....you will huv tae go back and read aw ma posts"

See ye

What is it with you? The point of forums is discussion, and this is a perfectly reasonable question that deserves more than a stupid answer like 'go read all my posts'. Grow some gonads and answer the question for once.

Really? I must have missed this ridiculous amount of threads. From what I have read the vast majority have said that Gow will be a squad player. Who has been claiming he is a superstar and the second coming?

Really? I must have missed this ridiculous amount of threads. From what I have read the vast majority have said that Gow will be a squad player. Who has been claiming he is a superstar and the second coming?

Me :D Not quite the second coming or even a superstar but I honestly thought he would have made more of an impact than he has done, maybe the personal circumstances during the summer affected his chances, maybe it's because WS saw other players as always going to be ahead of him.

It's a long old season though, and I'm sure he will get his chance.

See ye

What is it with you? The point of forums is discussion, and this is a perfectly reasonable question that deserves more than a stupid answer like 'go read all my posts'. Grow some gonads and answer the question for once.

Silly boy but always consistent :lol:

I think Gow was signed at a time when the general thought within the managemnt team and fans was that we'd have hee haw money to spend.

As it turned out, we were able to afford better players that would ultimately see Gow struggle to even make the bench.

I'd say the same was true with Graeme Smith and maybe Broadfoot as well...