Webster injured again.

Poetry_In_Blue

Conme Jan I think we should just accept that the Webster experiment hasn't worked and just send him baclk to Wigan.

he's just far too injury prone and will probably never be fit enough to play enough games to develop a formidable partnership with anyone.

It's a shame that the injurys could be the down-fall of his career, if they haven't been already. Disappointing aswell, for an honest pro and a very decent defender.

Conme Jan I think we should just accept that the Webster experiment hasn't worked and just send him baclk to Wigan.

he's just far too injury prone and will probably never be fit enough to play enough games to develop a formidable partnership with anyone.

It's a shame that the injurys could be the down-fall of his career, if they haven't been already. Disappointing aswell, for an honest pro and a very decent defender.

Yeah I agree. He was the next big thing at one point, but since then he seems to have gone down hill!

Webster was only the next best thing when he had Pressley alongside him.

He is an ordinary defender who was outta his depth at Wigan. Contrast that with LM.

I never wanted us to sign Webster and sadly I seem to be being proven correct in my dejection.

That said, I remain 100% trusting of Smith so I will kowtow to him.

Apart from describing his decision to sell Ian Murray 'very stupid' of course - maybe 99% then? ;)

Webster showed the other week he could be a useful player for us. He also did well at Hearts, was unlucky at Wigan and so far hasn't really had the chance to show what he can do here because of injury.

This is another unfortunate injury and it means Webster has even less time to show the management (and some fans) that he's worth any fee in January. The odds are certainly lengthening for that to happen but I wouldn't write him off yet.

Apart from describing his decision to sell Ian Murray 'very stupid' of course - maybe 99% then? ;)

Webster showed the other week he could be a useful player for us. He also did well at Hearts, was unlucky at Wigan and so far hasn't really had the chance to show what he can do here because of injury.

This is another unfortunate injury and it means Webster has even less time to show the management (and some fans) that he's worth any fee in January. The odds are certainly lengthening for that to happen but I wouldn't write him off yet.

Good post Frankie - Webster was great vs Gretna and a 2 week injury in a bounce game means nothing. He will play here for years.

Good post Frankie - Webster was great vs Gretna and a 2 week injury in a bounce game means nothing. He will play here for years.

It means a lot if the player is injury prone!

It is a shame no doubt, I would hate to sign him to a long term deal then find we have signed another Alan McLaren

It is a shame no doubt, I would hate to sign him to a long term deal then find we have signed another Alan McLaren

agree and as you know we have signed enough injury prone players in our time.

I still think it's too early to write him off.

I rate Webster very highly as a defender although obviously he's been unlucky with injuries.

2 weeks out with a swollen ankle because someone stood on him is hardly indicative of being "injury prone". I think that term applies more to constant pulls and strains. I'm not debating that he is a player that has been injured a lot but this is an injury that could have happened to anyone.