Kevin Thompson the new Ian Murray?

polar bear

Guest The Brown Brogue
Thomson is a fantastic player. I think its silly to pounce on him an label him lik this after one bad performance!

It's not one bad performance though, he consistently reaches the same level of utter anonymity.

Thomson is a fantastic player. I think its silly to pounce on him an label him lik this after one bad performance!

It's not one bad performance though, he consistently reaches the same level of utter anonymity.

A lot of people have been saying it well before this game. I said it in his first 3/4 games, but haven't said anything since then.

I think he was far from the poorest player on the park today, so to single him out is very unfair, in my opinion.

Not singling him out at all Davy,there were worse performers than him today,what I am saying is I don't see Thompson with any special qualities that would

warrant us paying 2,000,000 for him,and that he probably isn't any better than Ian Murray,hope I'm wrong though.

he is quick about the park, something murray wasnt. he knows what to do with the ball, again something murray couldnt do, he is capable of going forward again something murray wasnt very good at. Murray was jus a utility man

Thomson could quite easily be an utility man before to long,we need creativity in mid-field(something Thomson is lacking)and let's be honest now Hemdani

is the better player defensively.

I think he was far from the poorest player on the park today, so to single him out is very unfair, in my opinion.

the others were poor because thomson, along with faye, were posted missing most of the match.

Not singling him out at all Davy,there were worse performers than him today,what I am saying is I don't see Thompson with any special qualities that would

warrant us paying 2,000,000 for him,and that he probably isn't any better than Ian Murray,hope I'm wrong though.

To compare Thomson to Murray is laughable in the extreme

Thomson is a composed midfielder, Murray is dire dire dire

A few of us have been saying for some time that Thomson offers very little, very,very poor positional play,no pace, over eager to pass back and pass the buck. He commits stupid fouls and rarely chases back when he loses the ball and now he has an accomplice in Whittaker who left Hutton exposed time and time again and lost possession constantly.

We.were outplayed in midfield against St Mirren and Falkirk at home and now we have paid the price against a team who could score.

Today for the first half there was no midfield,attacking or defensively.

Thomson is coming in for some unfair criticism IMO (td)

He's a holding midfielder and he has generally been doing his job, which is to pick up the ball and start attacks, well

Exactly.

So he does not dominate games, well who does ?

Unless we have 11 Barry Ferguson I think people will still be complaining!

I never heard anywhere near as much criticism for Hemdani last year for doing exactly the same job.

He's a holding midfielder and he has generally been doing his job, which is to pick up the ball and start attacks, well

Exactly.

I never heard anywhere near as much criticism for Hemdani last year for doing exactly the same job.

Hemdani always showed class ,composure, looked the part and did the job whereas Thomson has rarely looked the part so far.

Still waiting to see why we paid 2,000,000 mil. for him.no creativity,could end up on the bench (like another hibs captain)and gone by this time next year,

How the f#ck does this guy get the start before Hemdani? :unsure:

Why do folk persist in spelling his surname as Thompson, instead of Thomson. FFS!!!

Exactly.

Hemdani always showed class ,composure, looked the part and did the job whereas Thomson has rarely looked the part so far.

Hemdani was also given a year to settle in...

He certainly needs to raise his game but he is not the only one. Everything about that performance was a bloody disgrace today.

He's still a good player but I'd maybe drop him for a few games now, get Hemdani and Ferguson back together.

A few of us have been saying for some time that Thomson offers very little, very,very poor positional play,no pace, over eager to pass back and pass the buck. He commits stupid fouls and rarely chases back when he loses the ball and now he has an accomplice in Whittaker who left Hutton exposed time and time again and lost possession constantly.

We.were outplayed in midfield against St Mirren and Falkirk at home and now we have paid the price against a team who could score.

Today for the first half there was no midfield,attacking or defensively.

Gotta aree KT and SW are not good enough. Hemdani is much better than THomson and KW is just LOST.