rangers history

Airdriebear

do you think this leaves a great big dirty mark on rangers unblemished record with managers, we have many times prided ourself on sticking by our managers.

it looks to me as if dm has never got the manager appointment right.

smith took over from souness but was already at the club when dm got there.

so lets look at dms appointments

Dick, split the dressing room and under achieved with a vast amount of transfer funds.

Alex, was restricted to making ends meet and dealing in the basement of the transfer market, won titles by default and let us down badly in style and performance.

le guen, need i say anything here

One thing tho, Murray has to get this one right and he knows it. I can't see Smith coming. Why leave the Scotland job at this stage and why come back to Rangers when you could possibly put your legendary status with the club and fans.

We have had a divided dressing room under the last 3 managers

apart from Sir David, any other common factors

If Walter etc are appointed this time, it will not happen and at least that's a blessing

If Walter etc are appointed this time, it will not happen and at least that's a blessing

Good point.

Alex, was restricted to making ends meet and dealing in the basement of the transfer market, won titles by default and let us down badly in style and performance.

Can I point out a league is won and lost over 38 games, Eck did not win by default. We won the league those years by 1 point and by goal difference. I could also argue that the goal difference year, Celtic were kept bouyant by the Seville run and played above themselves. Don't swallow the dhim patter on these two. The records show we won those leagues, end of story.

Can I point out a league is won and lost over 38 games, Eck did not win by default. We won the league those years by 1 point and by goal difference. I could also argue that the goal difference year, Celtic were kept bouyant by the Seville run and played above themselves. Don't swallow the dhim patter on these two. The records show we won those leagues, end of story.

Well said. clappiez

(tu)

i know we won the league ffs i am not daft

but it was hardly a great rangers side, i for 1 went to every game at ibrox that season and didnt see a decent performance yet.

the point i am making is we have not been a great side for a long time and dm has been in charge of the appointments of these managers that have made us the mediocre side that we are just now.

take off the blinkers and tell me do you think they teams were worthy of winning the league?

and do yuo trust dm to make a decent decision on the next manager?

he didn't win a treble for nothing? i mean you dont win three trophys by default? or do you?

he turned the team around at the start i am not denying that, but after that the team underperformed on a regular basis, hardly the material of a great rangers manager.

he didn't win a treble for nothing? i mean you dont win three trophys by default? or do you?

he turned the team around at the start i am not denying that, but after that the team underperformed on a regular basis, hardly the material of a great rangers manager.

i'll agree with you there (tu) he picked us up and then threw us back in the gutter

Well said!!! (beer1)