Uefa's hard stance?

Garfield

Do they really have a hard stance on pitch invasions? The reason I am asking this is I just saw on SSN that Slavia Prague have been fined £6000 for a pitch invasion by fans during the champions league qualifier against Ajax. Is £6000 really taking a hard stance?

Oh yeah and UEFAs attitude to policing the game is just like that of any money spinning fatcat.

They don't give a toss about the fans and players so cheats and minor incidents get little attention. But when something like Dida getting hit with a flare comes along, a song with unpleasant lyrics, or anything that hits the PR aspect of the game there is a massive overeaction.

The difference is the pitch invader confrunted one of the players so it's much more like the Denmank Sweden game than it is like (for example) the tim that came on the pitch at Ibrox. It's no use timmy saying that he only touched the keeper because by walking up and laying a hand on him the tim is saying I could just have easily have had a blade, and perhaps next time I will have :ph34r: