*** Football Manager 2008 Thread ***

Jiggaman88

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get a goal chopped of for offside or a foul pretty much every game

Yeah that's the one. Apparently the patch being released in the next couple of weeks should fix it. FM is always pretty useless and bug ridden when it first comes out though.

I seem to get about 3 goals ruled out for offside every game and it's infuriating although you can tell as soon as the ball hits the net!

My players also stand off players when they're attacking which does my head in! Downloaded Jelle's patch so I'll see how that goes :).

The chances I seem to miss aswell! :angry2:

Here is my transfers so far

players.jpg

also have Lulinha from Corinthians coming in June for 700k

Went 20 games unbeaten at the start of the season, currently second to celtic

W18 D6 L1

Strong focus on foreign players there. Tut tut :P

into 3rd season transfers so far:

igor akinfeev- 20M

micah richards- 20M

gonzalo rodriguez- 10M

motta- 1M

aquillani- 22M

cazorla- 15M

owen- 10M + 5M clauses

aguero- 31.5M

alex- 500k

huntelaar 7.5M

Foster 500k

Sold:

eboue- 18.25 M

bedtner- 8.5 M +clauses

rodriguez 8.5M

lehmann 300k

huntelaar 8M

prob more but my mind has gone blank

Anyone in here played a network game yet on 2008 ??

How long does a network game usualy take to get through a season (two people playing) ??

depends how quick the 2 players are, usually takes quite a while cos its so much slower.

Anyone in here played a network game yet on 2008 ??

How long does a network game usualy take to get through a season (two people playing) ??

depends how quick the 2 players are, usually takes quite a while cos its so much slower.

We are both quite fast at FM normally (both been playing it for years, since the old Champ days) but this is the 1st time I have tried a network game... It has taken us about 2 1/2 hours so far and we have only played 3 league games each (is this normal?). I knew it was going to be slower than a normal game but this seem a bit extreme !!

Found a Major bug in my game really pi$$in me off. Im into my second season and the league has not been updates yet im in the middle of september and yet to kick a ball in the league having just played a few Euro games aswell. Anyone else had this??

Ps. I bought the game

wtfes9.th.png

Found a Major bug in my game really pi$$in me off. Im into my second season and the league has not been updates yet im in the middle of september and yet to kick a ball in the league having just played a few Euro games aswell. Anyone else had this??

Ps. I bought the game

wtfes9.th.png

cant say i have, got to end of my 3rd season and the arsenal boadrd decided not to renew my contract after saying for 3 months that an offer would be forthcoming......... bastards

so i started a new game and went bayern :craphead:

Ps. I bought the game

wtfes9.th.png

yes it's a common problem.

you've got to download the beta patch.

igor akinfeev- 20M

micah richards- 20M

gonzalo rodriguez- 10M

motta- 1M

aquillani- 22M

cazorla- 15M

owen- 10M + 5M clauses

aguero- 31.5M

alex- 500k

huntelaar 7.5M

Foster 500k

Sold:

eboue- 18.25 M

bedtner- 8.5 M +clauses

rodriguez 8.5M

lehmann 300k

huntelaar 8M

What formation and tactics are you using ??

found the premiership very hard, crappy teams like derby always score in the bloody last minute :coop:

am just starting ma second season with arsenal

yeah the EPL is quite a hard league in this one , i too was arsenal finished 6th in my first season then followed that up with 2 consecutive 2nd place finishes

have now started a bayern game and have played 15 league games and won 13 drawn one lost one so not too bad opened up a 10 point gap already

igor akinfeev- 20M

micah richards- 20M

gonzalo rodriguez- 10M

motta- 1M

aquillani- 22M

cazorla- 15M

owen- 10M + 5M clauses

aguero- 31.5M

alex- 500k

huntelaar 7.5M

Foster 500k

Sold:

eboue- 18.25 M

bedtner- 8.5 M +clauses

rodriguez 8.5M

lehmann 300k

huntelaar 8M

sagna 13M

fabregas 50M

What formation and tactics are you using ??

i play a simple 4-4-2 and set the players individual roles my arsenal line up looked something like this

akinfeev GK

Clichy LWB

Richards RWB

Toure CB

Gallas CB

Motta/Rosicky LW

Aquillani CM

Hleb CM

Cazorla RW

Aguero CF

Vela CF

that was my first choice 11

Im just away to start an Arsenal game and im planning on buying alot of younger players for my squad like Dos Santos and Kerlon but i usually go for a 4-3-1-2 attacking formation

LOL.... Man Utd went Bankrupt and they want rid of all their big earners on the cheap i just got Ronaldo & Tevez for £1million

I went Man Utd and bought Owen for £10m. That was fine because there finances were at £12m.

But probably because of all the loan money they pay to the Chairman, I was in £12m debt in November!