*** Football Manager 2008 Thread ***

Jiggaman88

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

started a game with Arsenal, Bought Klaas-Jan Huntelaar(9.5m), Del Piero(10m) and that Piato from Lazio(1.2m), sold Rosicky for 11m. played first game vs Portsmouth, won 3-0 Huntelaar scoring 2, justp layed Champions league qualifier against Toulouse, won 5-0 with Del Piero scoring twice :D, cracking team so far, playing a 4-1-3-2 formation with the 3 in the attacking midfield positions and the wingers moving into forwards positions, working well for me so far!

Started a new game with Everton. Sitting 15th after 6 games which isn't great. Cahill, Johnson and Vaughn are injured though. Breno and Lulinha are coming in either January or next year and I signed Pablo Piatti :D Also a young belgian striker called Jelle Vossen. Got Flamini but he got injured in his first game. Out for 8-10 months so I terminated his loan.

Ive just started my second season at Rangers, but the league games are not coming up! Im into Sep but Ive only played CL and league cup games. Anyone else had this?

download the beta patch.. lol

Started a new game with Everton. Sitting 15th after 6 games which isn't great. Cahill, Johnson and Vaughn are injured though. Breno and Lulinha are coming in either January or next year and I signed Pablo Piatti :D Also a young belgian striker called Jelle Vossen. Got Flamini but he got injured in his first game. Out for 8-10 months so I terminated his loan.

Qualifyed from my Uefa Cup group which included HSV, Villareal, Fenerbahce and FC Groningen. Finished first with 10 points :D

16th after 17 games which isn't great but I'm confident we'll get top flight football. Drawed against Bordeaux in the first KO round of the Uefa cup.

sitting 2nd 1 point behind stuttgart after 19 games, cant see an problems shld win no problem, into first round knockout of UCl got drawn Arsenal, defoe has finally settled in and has started scoring goals, have won 12 drawn 6 lost 1 , only problem is klose has personal problems and have had to allow him a leave of absence for two consecutive months now which is worrying considering he won the Euro/world player of the year and the striker of the year. but defoe and podolski are still scoring and just signed kerlon , and vagner love has also started to score goals just not as many as klose would have scored

Ive just started my second season at Rangers, but the league games are not coming up! Im into Sep but Ive only played CL and league cup games. Anyone else had this?

yup had this just deleted my game got fed up with it.

yet to go on it again

I suppose you have re-started the computer...

Does FM08 save games in a file that you can back-up somewhere and re-install the game?

Dunno if any of that will help, the save file may be corrupted... happened to me, power died when I was saving a FM06 game, and the file wouldn't load again :(

Do you get an error message appearing?

You're probably more technically minded than me... Don't know what has gone wrong... sometimes my FM comes up with a random error...

Tried to sign Alex (from Getafe, or someone like that)

Got to contract stage... Clicked "Offer Contract" and error pops up, and screen is all fecked (No bonuses, and no 'job')... closed that tried again and all was fine <_< <cr> (except he didn't get WP)

Anyway, might just be a game problem, rather than the save... unless it says "File Corrupted".

If you can find the actual save game file somewhere (probably in the SI folder in My Docs) and move it to external, then uninstall and re-install the game... then try again.

All I can suggest. Can't think of anything else. If anyone else can help please do... (tu)

Hope it's not totally fecked Kev

Says "Saved game cannot be loaded"

I saved it last night and then turned off the laptop :( I was enjoying this game.

whats sucks matre is that in FM07, the incorporated a system where it says 3 versions of ur saved game at various times, if this was still in this new FM08, u used just openned up V2 and been able play that nb, u just wuda maybe lost a few geames which u would have played again

started a game with Arsenal, Bought Klaas-Jan Huntelaar(9.5m), Del Piero(10m) and that Piato from Lazio(1.2m), sold Rosicky for 11m. played first game vs Portsmouth, won 3-0 Huntelaar scoring 2, justp layed Champions league qualifier against Toulouse, won 5-0 with Del Piero scoring twice :D, cracking team so far, playing a 4-1-3-2 formation with the 3 in the attacking midfield positions and the wingers moving into forwards positions, working well for me so far!

that the formation i use mate i always play Ferguson at the tip of the diamond when im rangers

I'm going to restart a new game.

Anyone got any ideas on who to go given the following:

Decent amount of money

Little restrictions on foreign transfers

Not a complete shit team

Not the best team in their country/division

European team

Decent amount of money

Not a complete shit team

European team

dortmund, schalke, HSV-decent german teams

I was thinking of going a German team just there, cheers bkay (tu)

(tu) Dortmund... I'm gonna start one as them soon... maybe when I finish tutorial work <_<

yea a done a random on the german league and it gave me munich which was a result lol :craphead:

dortmund have a decent team

Decent amount of money

Not a complete shit team

European team

Schalke or Spurs!