*** Football Manager 2008 Thread ***

Jiggaman88

ive only ever been rangers. ive went other teams, started their season, done maybe the first month getting in new transfers then stopped and went back to my rangers games. apart fmo the time i got grays promoted on my first season at them! my best acheivement IMO. plus it was annoying at times because they had a couple of good players (kightly and green) who wanted to move for better wages (and i couldnt offer them higher) and i thought i would lose them. eventually when i got promoted though i could offer them what they wanted.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah right, i never got that problem, doing not bad with my rangers game but it seems maybe too easy? im not sure. i seem to do really well with my formation, specially in europe. was quite chuffed with how far i got just by winning my home games and snatching a draw or narrow loss away! Still, I cant get top class players and have to do with unrecognized good players

Im desperate to get back into a bit of FM. everytime i start a new game i get about 2 months in and then get the fatal error message and cant load my game!

also my mouse stops working if i play for too long, think my computer overheats!!

i need a new pc :(

I am now in ma fifth season with tottenham

won premiership 4 years in a row

champions league 3 times out last four

world club chamionship 3 years out of last four

Ustari is the man he played 36 games and had 23 clean sheets

team is

----------------------------------Ustari---------------------------------

---Richards------------King----------Dervite---------Bale-----------

--Savieti-----------------Lulhina-----Ducasse-----------Piatt--------

------------Balotelli-----------------Aguerro-------------------------

Balotelli got him on a bosman first season 36 games 16 goals 12 assists now worth 18 million

just got snjeder on a bosman, a young french boy, and a ghanian with a under 12 record of 14 games 15 goals, also found this young columbian guy whose stats are amazing

also have player like, breno, mhelic, berbatov, bent, bojan(loan), Ninis who cant even make the bench

avergage age of team 24 :D

promoted to prem with leeds winning the championship by 20 points, average age of squad was 21, played around 10 games in the prem but have only managed 7 points so far but that includes paying Man u,liverpool,arsenal and chelsea all in the first 10 games. so far its 1 win 4 draws and 5 defeats. board expect me to get a top half finish

this will sound contraversial but ive just started as the sheep and ive sold Steve Lovell for £235,000 and Derek Soutar for £300,000 and im looking at a few players

just finished my second season with Arsenal, won the league cup in first season, and the FA cup this season, still to see wether i have still got the Arsenal job :( i really hope i do coz i like my squad that i have made wud be shit to leave, finished 2nd in frst season and 3rd in my second season, just finished my second season, Matias Fernandez got player of the year for me and Ninis got Young player of the year for me and now Real Madrid r snoopin about :), the fans were chanting my name at the end of the FA cup game so hopefulyl am stayin put eh? :lol: i think i have done quite well considering, i need a new goalkeeper etc but might need to find a new job :)

WOO HOOOO new 2 year contract :D :D :D

PS: spent 69 million on my team team, sold players for 60mill total, have a 68 mill transfer kitty this year yee haa :lol:

right seeing as i got a wee bit of critisism (not to mention getting my arse tanned by half the spl) i started as Dundee i got them 5 points clear in January and i was offered the Brentford and Yeovil Town jobs (both were struggling in league 1 and 2) so i opted to take the Yeovil job im currently 23rd and in my first game i lost 4-1.Not to mention my new keeper is a grade-a prick so i signed a few defensive re-inforcements

Can't Believe it man.

Just beat Porto 2-0 away from home in the Champions League Semi-Final !!! 1st leg. I might be in the final !!!!

I'm so chuffed, won the league cup and the league so far, in the final of the Scottish Cup against THEM.

If I get into the final i will die !!!

**Screenies soon**

PS - First season.

just realised this thread exists

ive just finished my 5th year as barcelona manager, having won 5 Spanish Leagues and 5 Champions Leagues

Victor Valdes

Daniel Alves

John Terry

Carles Puyol

Marcell Jensen

Robin Van Persie

Xavi/Jesus Navas

Ronaldinho

Kaka

Thierry Henry

Sergio Aguero/Leo Messi

My line up atm

Ustari

Sagna Aruajo/Toure Gallas Traore

Ninis/Arteta Banega/Riquelme Mihelic/Del Piero

Matias Fernandez

Owen Huntelaar

Lehmann

Adebayor

Bendtner

I'll try and get round to playing FM today, I want this season over so I can start my team building. I will post screenies of my Champions League Journey. Hopefully I can win at Ibrox and make it to the final, would be great money.

I'm going for the treble, but if I get into the champions league final I could be going for an unexpected quadruple on my first season.

This has went really well considering my signings weren't great.