*** Football Manager 2008 Thread ***

Jiggaman88

I cant Ferkin believe it, and im trying not to count my chickens, but i got west ham in the fa cup, and ephraim, one of my star performers on his loan so far cant play, anyway, ive set out my 4-5-1 at upton park, told the press that my team would show west ham how to play when they claimed i was underdogs, my other great striker videira said he wasnt as confident and before the game i said i had faith in his ability, anyway, 5 minutes in, im 2-0 up!!!! and videira scored both goals!! I ll probably get beat 5-2 now or something

edit: 15 minutes in, 2-2, bastard, shouldnt have posted :(

edit: 35 yard free kick off the post, scramble in the box and faubert own goals it, 3-2!! down to 10 men as someone gets treatment and the make it 3-3! Its halftime

got beat, 6-3 :( got to the 5th round of the FA cup with my blue square premier team, pretty pleased with that! Now back to business in the setanta shield and FA Trophy

im actually top of the league, won a good few and ive drawn about 6 games lost 0, ive got about 5 players on loan from premiership clubs and i got lots of bosmans at the start of the season, some gap players for a season or 2, some for the future, and im pretty much dominating my league, it will be different when if i move up i think but i ll try and get some more bosmans/loans

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant Ferkin believe it, and im trying not to count my chickens, but i got west ham in the fa cup, and ephraim, one of my star performers on his loan so far cant play, anyway, ive set out my 4-5-1 at upton park, told the press that my team would show west ham how to play when they claimed i was underdogs, my other great striker videira said he wasnt as confident and before the game i said i had faith in his ability, anyway, 5 minutes in, im 2-0 up!!!! and videira scored both goals!! I ll probably get beat 5-2 now or something

edit: 35 yard free kick off the post, scramble in the box and faubert own goals it, 3-2!! down to 10 men as someone gets treatment and the make it 3-3! Its halftime

got beat, 6-3 :( got to the 5th round of the FA cup with my blue square premier team, pretty pleased with that! Now back to business in the setanta shield and FA Trophy

im actually top of the league, won a good few and ive drawn about 6 games lost 0, ive got about 5 players on loan from premiership clubs and i got lots of bosmans at the start of the season, some gap players for a season or 2, some for the future, and im pretty much dominating my league, it will be different when if i move up i think but i ll try and get some more bosmans/loans

Conference>League 2 is a great step. Need to keep your eye on the players who are out of favour and/or have expiring contracts and pounce quick to get them.

You should get some guys set up to join in January on pre-contracts for the summer, that way your prepared.

I think I might be starting a new game. Since I lost half my progress in the last one I just can't be arsed playing it again.

Not sure who to go, any reccomendations ?

I played with Rangers against Roma at Olimpico.The bastards scored early goal then between 31-38 Fergie scored two and Boyd - one so i took the lead with 3:1.I started to think that the game is over but that prick Totti scores twice between 70-80 min so it becomes 3:3.Then Boydie scores another goal in 88 min so i thought this time it`s over.But then i received 2 new goals from that Totti and lost the game with 4:5 <cr> I can`t believe this.. Also,whatever i do in SPL,even 20 wins in a row,when it comes match against the fuckin` timothy i always got beaten <cr> Even they are 7-8th place... doh But the rules are different sometimes so i am quitting the game,joining again and playing until i beat that green-white idiots :craphead:

SHIT... I was going to quit the game there and I decided I would play one more match, so, the idiot that i am, instead of clicking cancel I clicked No, which meant no, don't save. So I have lost everything back to my 4th game against leicester. Gutted. :(

These are the kind of things that waste good games.

there is an automative save option

Conference>League 2 is a great step. Need to keep your eye on the players who are out of favour and/or have expiring contracts and pounce quick to get them.

You should get some guys set up to join in January on pre-contracts for the summer, that way your prepared.

I think I might be starting a new game. Since I lost half my progress in the last one I just can't be arsed playing it again.

Not sure who to go, any reccomendations ?

not sure, depends if you wanna start off really low, maybe an MLS team? I might try and get oxford as far as I can or take a job opening, although ive got a 4 year plan to get to league 2 and experience it, my aim in that 4 year period is to try and get to league 1

Right, due to the muck up with QPR I decided to go my local team, Hamilton Accies. The only teams I've bought/loaned from have been SPL teams. I now can't sign anyone from Scotland on loan this season as I have four. I bought Alan Lithgow, a young Hearts defender and Calum Reidford, the Rangers reserve goalie for a total amount of about £16k.

I loaned out Steven Lennon and Dean Furman from Rangers, Rocco Quinn from Celtic and Ross Chislom from Hibs.

Not allowed any more loans from Scotland so does anyone have good freebies or abroad loan players I could get ?

Right, due to the muck up with QPR I decided to go my local team, Hamilton Accies. The only teams I've bought/loaned from have been SPL teams. I now can't sign anyone from Scotland on loan this season as I have four. I bought Alan Lithgow, a young Hearts defender and Calum Reidford, the Rangers reserve goalie for a total amount of about ?16k.

I loaned out Steven Lennon and Dean Furman from Rangers, Rocco Quinn from Celtic and Ross Chislom from Hibs.

Not allowed any more loans from Scotland so does anyone have good freebies or abroad loan players I could get ?

try barazite or randall from arsenal i got them for my leeds team and they were useful, but being a small club in scotland you may have to go down to the championship for some players :rangers:

went the Gers in the championship and already i have opened up a 9 point gap winning 14 out of 16 games.

also knocked man city and aston villa out league cup on way to semi final

won the championship quite easily tbh i think i had 7 games to spare got beat by chelsea in the league cup semi but managed to beat man utd 6-4 in the fa cup final :rangers:

currently 5th in the epl after 3 out of 4 wins including a 2-1 victory at old trafford.

just spent 40m on 2 players :lol:

signed moutinho and veloso for 20m each

• 3 weeks later...

Started a new game, usually go Rangers but to be honest kind of fed up with them.

Started off at Sparta Prague, who were decent to begin with but signed a couple of players, mainly young folk from the Czech Republic that I know are good like Sverkos, also signed Weir on loan as the defence was woeful.

Managed to qualify for the Champions League, unfortunately beating a woeful Rangers side in the third qualifying round.

Top of the Czech League by 10 points but hammered in the CL group despite good away draws against Seville and Arsenal. Gubbed at home though : (

Resigned as manager of Sparta Prague in January and was given the West Brom job, lying 18th in the Championship and Mowbray had been fired.

Signed Thomas Buffel for 300k who went on to score some vital goals in the league and the FA Cup.

Managed to turn the team around, not sure if it was different players I picked or tactics but the team was unstoppable, winning 15 in a row to go top 6 in the league, FA Cup run all the way to the final putting out Arsenal, Portsmouth, Barnsley and then Liverpool in the Semi's.

3-2 win in the final with a Buffel hat-trick!

After taking over 18th managed to win the Championship on the last day of the season with a 2-1 win over Sheffield United.

Was going to stay to try and establish the side back in the EPL but George Burley left Scotland and was given the Scotland job for Euro 2008, excellent run all the way to the semi's where I got put out by an amazing Italy performance.

Wanted club management and when Walter Smith was fired after a woeful season for Rangers they didn't have to offer the job twice.

Just starting season two manager of Scotland and of Rangers, but will likely step down from Scotland to concentrate on making Rangers a domestic and European force once more.

lol

fmformation.net is a great site for updates and the like

got my oxford out of the blue square and into league 2, won my first game at home pumping bristol city (relegated from the season before from league 1) 4-1 then drew away in the second game. went to QPR and won in the league cup but games are a lot tighter, my team made up of bosmans strolled the blue square but i need to make "quality" signings now. i got toudic and odejayi but ode seems a bit useless, toudic is a beast though, kept ephraim on loan who scored 40 goals in 38 appearances last season and still have my young portugese striker vidiera. brought in william easton and jamie adams from the spl along with 2 young st mirren midfielders who i stole on freebies. got mckenna back on loan from the prem but need to try and get a couple more. I set myself the target of promotion by taking a higher budget so I have to deliver

just got this game yesterday :D , played one friendly with rangers and lost 1-0 :S .. still getting used to it

Where have you been for months!

Its class this one, but a lot harder than previous game.

Make changes depending on the result...

Go to time wasting, all out attack, hold the ball...

These things and good training are key!!

Where have you been for months!

Its class this one, but a lot harder than previous game.

Make changes depending on the result...

Go to time wasting, all out attack, hold the ball...

These things and good training are key!!

yeah ive played some of the past fm's and cm's , this one seems quite hard , cheers for the advice

I am Rangers in it.

Got to champions league Q/F, got beat 4-3 on Agg against sporting, after winning 3-0 in the first leg :(

Won league by 15 points, Lost in scottish league cup final to the scum 2-1. Won Scottish cup 4-0 against scum.

Signed Aguero from Athletico.

im wigan manager, started unemplyed and got their job, im in my 2nd season now

1st year, did terrible, but managed to finish 17th, joint points with 18th who went down

only saving grace was a 2-1 win over liverpool which won me the eglish league cup :D

2ns season, looking a lot better, early february, sitting 14th with a game in hand, on the eve of a 1st knockout stage game in the UEFA cup.....v Rangers :(