Scotland vs Italy - Official Thread

Jasper

I was proud of all of our lads today. Won't argue that I thought Fletcher made a huge mistake about 2 minutes before the goal when he stood off his man and opened up a huge channel through our midfield. Hartley and Broon both found life tough, their rather aggressive style isn't suited to a team that drops to the floor at the first whiff of contact. But lets be honest, saying these guys were poor for looking lost against a top world side is a bit harsh.

Until very recently our guys looked completely lost in such company and the fact that most of the players today were able to take a commanding position in the second half is a huge credit to them.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brown hartley and fletcher were shocking today talk about passengers in your team.

I know that maybe that I've went on about him that much to be taken seriously at times but Mculloch was also a passenger, like in the back seat.

fletcher has been poor in his last 5 scotland appearnces imo, he disappears and leaves ferguson to do his job for him.

Yes i agree. I was actually surprised that brown was sent off instead of fletcher . Not saying Brown was immense but not as bad as fletcher

prob get abuse but i would play bryan robson

fletcher has been poor in his last 5 scotland appearnces imo, he disappears and leaves ferguson to do his job for him.

Yes i agree. I was actually surprised that brown was sent off instead of fletcher . Not saying Brown was immense but not as bad as fletcher

wouldnt mind bryan robson, but hes in his 40s now, do you mean barry robson???

wouldnt mind bryan robson, but hes in his 40s now, do you mean barry robson???

:lol:

Haven't felt this low in a long long time, but I am immensely proud of our boys today, regardless.

Got to agree with the above, bring on the world cup draw and lets get tore into whoever we get. We should fear no-one, bring on the english!!!!!!!!!!!!

No lie - I think at the moment we could do a right number on them, I truly do. The fact that they got through today and we fell short is so sickening, I can't even begin to give it words.

They aren't through yet its just back in their own hands. C'mon Croatia

Haven't felt this low in a long long time, but I am immensely proud of our boys today, regardless.

Got to agree with the above, bring on the world cup draw and lets get tore into whoever we get. We should fear no-one, bring on the english!!!!!!!!!!!!

No lie - I think at the moment we could do a right number on them, I truly do. The fact that they got through today and we fell short is so sickening, I can't even begin to give it words.

Whoops - my mistake. Hope still exists, though I won't be holding my breath.

Whoops - my mistake. Hope still exists, though I won't be holding my breath.

I hope its on BBC so we can laugh at Ian Wright when they go out

just got a text from a tim ... i swear this on my parents life..this is what it says.. (he is scottish btw..)

"..GIUY Big Feck,Greetin over gettin pumped by catholics,surprise surprise"

suffice to say he is getting foned right now

Cunt needs a fuckin kicking

fuck them ll, am away out ot brick every italian resturant window

have to firstly agree with above posts, in saying i am immensely proud of the boys. thousands of us stayed behind at the end as the players did their lap of honour, only sections of the family section and the suit and prawn sandwich brigade never stayed behind. the italians were going over at every little thing and how camoranesi or gattuso wasnt booked is beyond me. bring on the world cup qualifiers(we'll be in pot 2) and hopefully no more dirty cheating tallies or dodgy refs will stop us!

However, it was at this point I realised we would not qualify.

Simple really, as I believe UEFA to be one of the most corrupt organisations in the world. For one of the two biggest (footballing) nations in the world to miss out would be a financial disaster for UEFA. They need the biggest teams in the world to be competing at the finals, which generated them alot more in revenue. This point has been highlighted in the play off draw of the previous 2 European Championship tournaments, where in both draws, the 4 major teams were drawn against the smaller ones. Amazing eh? This where the hot/cold ball theory really makes some impact.

Will Italy get a penalty? May not be needed, with a player like Pirlo to strike their set pieces they may only need to be awarded ridicuolous free kicks on the edge of the box.

(tu)

spot on jasper :)

what can we do about it?

I think I'm going to start a dedicated website with a petition for/against video evidence.

However, it was at this point I realised we would not qualify.

Simple really, as I believe UEFA to be one of the most corrupt organisations in the world. For one of the two biggest (footballing) nations in the world to miss out would be a financial disaster for UEFA. They need the biggest teams in the world to be competing at the finals, which generated them alot more in revenue. This point has been highlighted in the play off draw of the previous 2 European Championship tournaments, where in both draws, the 4 major teams were drawn against the smaller ones. Amazing eh? This where the hot/cold ball theory really makes some impact.

Will Italy get a penalty? May not be needed, with a player like Pirlo to strike their set pieces they may only need to be awarded ridicuolous free kicks on the edge of the box.

(tu)