Can anyone answer this?

nvager

its interesting how often fans such as ourslelves make judgements on players before and after theyve played for us and their opinions differ drastically.

anyone remember casting opinin on laudrup?

nah, thought not.

prior to signing i certainly made my opinion clear about gazza.

and amoruso.

and albertz

and bjorklund

and ricksen

and hateley

and kuznetsov

and ...

ad infinitem.

point is, the managers more often than not get them right.

we're not qualified to tell them whether we got it right or wrong. they;ve got the coaching badges, therefore they are.

Managers such as Walter Smith have so many other things to concern themselves with, notto mention the fact that they watch these players on the trainer ground every day they are out there; it's absolutely ludicrous for us to make judgements we are not well placed to make yet we feel we can do so.

Supporter arrogance knows no bounds.

And when it's an OF supporter, it's not only arrogance you're dealing with, but pig-headed thickness sometimes too.

Perish the thought but I agree with you.

Managers know more about the game than anyone on RM or any other message board; ie the fans.

We may not agree with them half the time, but end of the day they get paid and we don't.

That is not to say we're not allowed our opinions; without them the game would lose so much.

But as you say there's arrogance in assuming we're right and the manager is wrong.

But we cannae help ourselves can we ;)

its interesting how often fans such as ourslelves make judgements on players before and after theyve played for us and their opinions differ drastically.

nah, thought not.

and amoruso.

and albertz

and bjorklund

and ricksen

and hateley

and kuznetsov

and ...

ad infinitem.

we're not qualified to tell them whether we got it right or wrong. they;ve got the coaching badges, therefore they are.

Managers such as Walter Smith have so many other things to concern themselves with, notto mention the fact that they watch these players on the trainer ground every day they are out there; it's absolutely ludicrous for us to make judgements we are not well placed to make yet we feel we can do so.

And when it's an OF supporter, it's not only arrogance you're dealing with, but pig-headed thickness sometimes too.

Managers know more about the game than anyone on RM or any other message board; ie the fans.

We may not agree with them half the time, but end of the day they get paid and we don't.

That is not to say we're not allowed our opinions; without them the game would lose so much.

But as you say there's arrogance in assuming we're right and the manager is wrong.

well, maybe so danny. perhaps that's why i get into so many arguments on here is cos i dont feel well placed to challenge the team managers/coaches. i never played at a high or even medium level. i alway played at either 5's or amateur 11's saturday league level - and even then not that often. I was a decent midfieldeer - but not great.

but I still think I can spot a player. I noticed gary naismith for greatness when everyone else was talking about paul wotsisname that advocaat obviously never fancied.

I am absolutely certain there are plenty of guys out there like me convinced they can spot the next davie cooper.

difference is, im better at it than them.

:pipe:

If someone had offered us this squad say...18 months ago, we would have bitten the proverbial hand off!

I think NVA makes an outstanding point about Faye though. Is it so unrealistic to think he was brought in only in case of Hemdani's departure?

Brought in as a direct replacement for Makhtar N'Diaye

nah, thought not.

and amoruso.

and albertz

and bjorklund

and ricksen

and hateley

and kuznetsov

and ...

ad infinitem.

Listen to yourselves.

Yes - You are OBVIOUSLY BOTH right!

BTW - PLG was a genius - right!

ha ha ha ha ha!

FFS Managers can be WRONG too! - no?

Barnes at Celtic; PLG at Rangers; B Vogts at Scotland; plus many others who have been sacked very quickly.

In conclusion I would say that some managers are much more knowledgeable, but not all.

We haggled for months over a fee for Naismith and at the last second paid 2m pounds.

We GAVE AWAY 2m to Hibs for Whittaker to play him in midfield?!

We bought Thomson from Hibs for 2m WHEN we ALREADY had Hemdani.

We took on Faye? and have played him vs Hearts and DU.

We just do not give Gow a chance (also Naismith, Burke and Buffel) even though we are crying out for some creativity. (see Faye above!)

NONE of this makes much sense to me.

We could easily have had 4m to spend on a class player - midfield? CB?, LB?

Am I wrong in thinking that we made and are making a few mistakes here?

Granted our squad is much deeper and better than last year, but we could and can be better yet.

You`re right mate...We bought players for positions that we already have someone for.And still we don`t have a class LB... :S