Cousin "says sorry"

Dave

They do it to the tims too.

Do they really? I have never seen a timmy scandal appear days before a huge Champions League match.

On the other heand, i have seen plenty for us:

"Laudrup wants to leave."

"Gazza to Sunderland?"

"Albertz storms out"

"Mols refuses to travel to Munich."

All headlines in the papers just days before vital Champions League matches. And lets not forget last season when they managed to orchestrate a public rift between Ferguson and PLG the day before an OF match over the captaincy issue.

Can you show me any examples of Celtic recieving the same treatment?

They do it to the tims too.

Do they really? I have never seen a timmy scandal appear days before a huge Champions League match.

On the other heand, i have seen plenty for us:

"Laudrup wants to leave."

"Gazza to Sunderland?"

"Albertz storms out"

"Mols refuses to travel to Munich."

All headlines in the papers just days before vital Champions League matches. And lets not forget last season when they managed to orchestrate a public rift between Ferguson and PLG the day before an OF match over the captaincy issue.

Can you show me any examples of Celtic recieving the same treatment?

I'm sure plenty of Celtic fans could. But Rangers fans don't remember them. Why would they? You only remember the stuff which affects you.

This is being blown out of proportion i say, its not that bad what he said tbh. I think the papers are trying to get on his case tbh and trying to feul some sort of agenda against him. I say he should be played on wednesday, even tho he has shown some poor performance.

I'm sure plenty of Celtic fans could. But Rangers fans don't remember them. Why would they? You only remember the stuff which affects you.

Danny, only a few weeks ago Donati said something similar to what Cousin has

It was reported as a positive story on how professionals at home could help improve performance

Compare and contrast to how what Cousin said has been twisted in to an attack on his team mates

We aren't getting a fair deal, and haven't been for a long time

Just a shame some Rangers fans choose to blank the obvious double standards of our own mhedia

Guest therabbitt

im missed this story there but i love the fact he is reported to have said 'bevvy merchants' - even if he said that in french he is picking up the patter pretty quickly

It was reported as a positive story on how professionals at home could help improve performance

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=1880152007

That?

Compare and contrast to how what Cousin said has been twisted in to an attack on his team mates

Just a shame some Rangers fans choose to blank the obvious double standards of our own mhedia

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iR...qlAn7W-NHAJJ1Rw

I'm sure the tims are loving reading about that.

Double standards?

Nah. Just a rotten media who do what they can to sell papers.

I will never subscribe to these imbalance theories.

That?

Double standards?

It is not a theory, it's a fact.

We have been vicTIMised in the mhedia far too many times now for there to be no imbalance. There is an adundance of pro-Celtic journalism in this country and a complete lack of anything pro-Rangers.

I can name but maybe two well-known journos who have Rangers persuasions. Daryll King and David Leggat. That being the case, how can you ever expect a balance?

Was the Donati story portrayed in the same light as the Cousin story?

As for the Boruc article, they can't not report it, it's clear he wants either a huge wage increase or a new club that will offer mega bucks

I don't want to get in to an argument over weather we get parity from the press or not, I believe we don't, you do, others are petrified of being tarred with the paranoia brush.

That debate could rage for days.

That?

Double standards?

We have been vicTIMised in the mhedia far too many times now for there to be no imbalance. There is an adundance of pro-Celtic journalism in this country and a complete lack of anything pro-Rangers.

I can name but maybe two well-known journos who have Rangers persuasions. Daryll King and David Leggat. That being the case, how can you ever expect a balance?

Alan Davidson is another. And no, it's not a fact m8 - it's a view you have. A fact is that 1+1=2 or that the sun heats us up.

Like I say, it's a view you have. And is a theory.

Was the Donati story portrayed in the same light as the Cousin story?

For a start the content is completely different. I don't even see the comparison.

As for the Boruc article, they can't not report it, it's clear he wants either a huge wage increase or a new club that will offer mega bucks

You see? You are already making excuses to justify this.

I don't want to get in to an argument over weather we get parity from the press or not, I believe we don't, you do, others are petrified of being tarred with the paranoia brush.

That debate could rage for days.

Fair enough - agree to disagree. Moving on (tu)

That?

Double standards?

Alan Davidson is another. And no, it's not a fact m8 - it's a view you have. A fact is that 1+1=2 or that the sun heats us up.

Like I say, it's a view you have. And is a theory.

OK, 3 out of 70 or 80. How very balanced.

It may be a theory, but one that i can support with facts. There is no point in going through all of the examples because you are set in your oppinion. Nothing i, or anyone else says will sway you. I'll leave it there. (tu)

Ya stubborn bassa :P

Erm, Alan Davidson passed away in August...

Apparently he did actually have a slight fondness for us but you'd never have thought it from his articles.

As for any perceived media imbalance well one might not be able to call it a fact but it certainly appears pretty obvious from time to time. That's why the club appointed MediaHouse to the tune of £700K and even Stuart Cosgrove (no friend of RFC) has taken time out to admit such a lack of parity exists.

OK, 3 out of 70 or 80. How very balanced.

You think 35 should be Rangers? Or...what figure you looking for? You wanting a pro Rangers bias?

It may be a theory, but one that i can support with facts. There is no point in going through all of the examples because you are set in your oppinion. Nothing i, or anyone else says will sway you. I'll leave it there. (tu)

You're as set in your opinion as I am in mine.

Ya stubborn bassa :P

Or maybe you are ;)

It shouldn't matter what team a journalist supports - their articles should be fair, honest and balanced - as should their publication.

Unfortunately, as we see time after time, this is largely not the case.

The simple fact that all news, sports or otherwise, is generally written by people who express their opinion on events rather than just the facts, suggests you will never see the impartiality we crave for.

That is not bias. It's just the way the press is.

Storm in a tea cup, albeit one that bruised a few egos and hopefully stirred a few hearts. IMO the only pies that certain players should be eating are humble one.

If DC wants to ram some recent criticisms down a throats -media ones or otherwise- then that is fine by me. I'm not concerned about the contents of his words because much of it closer to the mark then some would care to admit. Also, Cousin could do with giving himself a shake.

I want a victory tomorrow and I want us through to the last 16. If we can put aside some the sloppiness we've seen of late then it can be done.

:rangers:

It shouldn't matter what team a journalist supports - their articles should be fair, honest and balanced - as should their publication.

Unfortunately, as we see time after time, this is largely not the case.

The simple fact that all news, sports or otherwise, is generally written by people who express their opinion on events rather than just the facts, suggests you will never see the impartiality we crave for.

That is not bias. It's just the way the press is.

And even more particularily, the sports press, really. I can see how it goes on in Sweden, the sport press is more or less a big stage for the local "experts", an arena where they can spread out and become stars themselves, and basically not with rambling facts and stats, but with opinions. The reason would be, of course, that footie is not played on paper, so facts and stats doesn't tell the whole story.