David Murphy to Gers according to Chuck Young

dundeebear70

Why do we need to sign him when Smith is back in training. We have Papac and Whittaker(who can fill in there)

There are other positions which are a lot more important to get new players in.

Why do we need to sign him when Smith is back in training. We have Papac and Whittaker(who can fill in there)

he can play left mid aswell, if we got him cheap i wouldnt say no to him. Whilst papac and whittaker can play there, having a good left back in there (not convinced of stevie smiths full recovery yet) along with smith, could be great for both of them to push each other, because we know that if hutton plays poor or is missing ,whittaker can take over. I think we could take something good from the fact that we would have the best 2 rightbacks and best 2 left backs in scotland. We could then also try Papac at centreback?

Agreed.

A center half, winger and striker are much higher priority's, in my opinion.

A decent player with a knack of scoring in big games, would be a more natural alternative to Whittaker and Papac at left back but I would prefer to see us sign someone with a bit more pace 2bh as that is Murphy's one let down. If Murphy was quick heed be playing at the very top!!

We need quality. I don't think there is quality at Hibs, at least not the kind of quality we need (with all due respect to Hibs of course)

Whittaker is terrible at left-back, how many times did he let McCormack through during the 15 minute period in the second half?? Papac isn't great, but he's far better than Whittaker.

no thanks, not another hibs "star" We need quality if we are going to buy a left back. I am hoping smith will be back soon anyway. I doubt we have much money to spend in jan and there are other positions that are a priority.

Exactly the same thing I've been saying for months.

Smith lets us play the Brazilian way, Murphy wouldn't.