Burke. When are we going to forgive?

Wreckedroy

Surely it's time we all put Chris Burkes "reticence" to sign a new contract behind us? He played very well again today, yet still there are those who deny him the praise he deserves. We are currently suffering from a severe shortage of inventive, exciting players, but some would rather we fielded absolutely anyone other than Burke!

Thoughts anyone?

Surely it's time we all put Chris Burkes "reticence" to sign a new contract behind us? He played very well again today, yet still there are those who deny him the praise he deserves. We are currently suffering from a severe shortage of inventive, exciting players, but some would rather we fielded absolutely anyone other than Burke!

Thoughts anyone?

to be honest its his inconsistancy in the past that i am concerned about rather than any reluctance to sign a new contract. Hes done very well the past couple of weeks and created nearly every goal we have scored the past 3 games. We have been crying out for a midfielder with some pace and ability to run with the ball and its been good to see burkey doing that. He still has a lot to prove though as hes had a couple of good games before and then been pish for weeks. I thought he had no future at the club but hes certainly made me sit up and take notice. I hope he proves me wrong, i will happily admit i was wrong if he continues to play like this for the rest of the season.

Thoughts anyone?

I honestly still don't fancy him much,I would rather have Beasley,Nacho,or JCD.wide right before Burke. (tu)

Yeah, he has to perform consistently over a long period of time. He has only played three games, and what a three games, but he has to keep it up.

I've always liked Burkey, so it's good to see him getting back to form the last couple of weeks. Chris playing alongside Naisy and Hutton has given a real shot of pace to this team that's been lacking for ages - long may it continue.

ill admit that i was demanding that he leaves in transfer window as in my opinion he hasnt kicked a ball since he signed his new contract but i have held my hands up the last 3 games as he has been our best player, as long as he keeps doing it then ill b more than happy for him 2 saty and show his true potential