Giorgios Galitsios

Davy

Over in Greece, Rangers are said to be tracking Larissa right-back Giorgios Galitsios, a player who has attracted major attention for his performances in the past year.

The 21 year-old was the subject of a £1.1m bid from Dinamo Kiev over the weekend, but doesn't fancy moving to Ukraine.

Lazio and Sampdoria, like Rangers, have been scouting him in recent games, with the Greek establishment clubs also into a bidding war for him already.

Panathinaikos offered £600,000 last week, only for Olympiakos to offer £750,000 with a 20% future sell on clause. They were also prepared to let the player stay at Larissa until the end of the season.

Galitsios, said to be a powerful, attacking type is being viewed as the player who will push Girogios Seitaridis for the right back slot in the Greek national team.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...l_of_hutton.php

Should the inevitable happen and Hutton does leave us, it appears we are tracking Greek right back Giorgios Galitsios, who currently plays for Larissa. He is a 21 year old powerful attacking right back who is pushing to become a Greek international.

Over in Greece, Rangers are said to be tracking Larissa right-back Giorgios Galitsios, a player who has attracted major attention for his performances in the past year.

The 21 year-old was the subject of a £1.1m bid from Dinamo Kiev over the weekend, but doesn't fancy moving to Ukraine.

Lazio and Sampdoria, like Rangers, have been scouting him in recent games, with the Greek establishment clubs also into a bidding war for him already.

Panathinaikos offered £600,000 last week, only for Olympiakos to offer £750,000 with a 20% future sell on clause. They were also prepared to let the player stay at Larissa until the end of the season.

Galitsios, said to be a powerful, attacking type is being viewed as the player who will push Girogios Seitaridis for the right back slot in the Greek national team.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...1946636.0.0.php

The mhedia really are wanting rid of Hutton!

Ewan Chester probably noticed him when playing against Pana, a lucky find. Galitsios looks a very good player. Had a good game against Everton I think it was? Seen in Greece as a potentially better and more exciting player than Gio Seitaridis.

• 3 weeks later...

i heard about galitsios being linked with rangers so i did a search on this forum and came across this topic

just wondering if you guys are still showing any interest in galitsios or if anyone knows if any other clubs are?

and just want to add that galitsios will not be pushing seitaridis for a starting spot at euro08 thats for sure, he wont even make the squad with the sort of coach greece has, not that he should make it anyway atm (no uncapped players will be selected until after euro08 at this point, im sure of that with otto rehhagel in charge but after 08 will be the new generation for greek fotball and it is gong to be exciting :) )

giourkas (seitaridis) has RB nailed down, plus torossidis, patsaloglou and vintra are all well ahead of galitsios for now

i heard about galitsios being linked with rangers so i did a search on this forum and came across this topic

Aye, sure you did Gami, and stopbanningme

gamii

helloo

erhpanatherrhhhh

erhPANATHeeerhh

PANATHINAIKOS

about 5 more to add to that which ive forgotten right now