Cousin for the off?

McBoyd

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the money buy a CB.

If Cousin goes we have to replace him. Boyd wont get a game, Darchy is injury prone, Naisy is doing well out wide, McCulloch aint a goalscorer, that leaves Novo.

Boyd has scored more goals in all competitions - 10 to Cousin's 9...

:)

As I've said 100 times, it's easier to score against tired SPL defences with 20 mins to go, than it is starting on your own up front v Lyon and Barca.

Plus, Boyd is our penalty taker when on.

Cousin any day. He's a better player and the cream always rises to the top.

As I've said 100 times, it's easier to score against tired SPL defences with 20 mins to go, than it is starting on your own up front v Lyon and Barca.

So what happened to him Barcelona away and Lyon at home? He most surely didn't rise to the task on both those days!

In your opinion but Boyd hasnt been given nearly enough chances in Europe for you to make that kind of comparison!!

And at the end of the day its all very well scoring in Europe, but if you dont score in the SPL you dont get into Europe!

Not if his heart isnt in the club, give me a lesser player whos heart is. ;)

Cousin hits penalties as well.

Not if his heart isnt in the club ;)

I assume I'm not the only person who's heard the stories about Boyd constantly knocking back offers of extra training sessions to go and lie in his house all day, is his heart really in it?

Anyway, I don't buy all that blue blood stuff. It's ok if it's Davie Cooper, Coisty, Goram or Greig...but Kris Boyd? If you're not good enough then you should be shown the door.

In your opinion but Boyd hasnt been given nearly enough chances in Europe for you to make that kind of comparison!!

And at the end of the day its all very well scoring in Europe, but if you dont score in the SPL you dont get into Europe!

And Cousin has scored in the SPL.

Boyd couldn't do it in the CL, we only play with one. The defences would have a field day.

That is not entirely Boyds fault, that is down to Smith negative tactics. When was the last time we did start with 2 up front in Europe or SPL getting?

Boyd couldn't do it in the CL, we only play with one. The defences would have a field day.

When has Cousin done it??

One game in Lyon where he played out his skin as he had a point to prove!

Cousin is no better than Boyd, just a bit faster and maybe a wee bit better at holding off defenders. But Boyds link up play is much better and if we play 4-5-1 with Burke and Naisy out wide i think Boyd would score loads!

Tell me what Cousin does playing up front himself that Boyd doesnt?? If anything Cousin is lazier!!!

I wouldn't start Boyd at all, even in a pairing up top. I wouldn't change the formation just to fit Boyd in. We are doing just fine with him sitting on the bench. He's there for a reason.

That is not entirely Boyds fault, that is down to Smith negative tactics. When was the last time we did start with 2 up front in Europe or SPL getting?

Herein lies the problem.

Why oh why should Rangers Football Club move heaven and earth to fit in Kris Boyd? The whole team played around him and only from since we signed him until Walter came in, and what have we won?

Players should fit into Rangers, the club shouldn't have to change all sorts to accomodate lazy, not good enough players, be it Boyd or Cousin..more likely both in the long term.

Cousin is no better than Boyd, just a bit faster and maybe a wee bit better at holding off defenders. But Boyds link up play is much better and if we play 4-5-1 with Burke and Naisy out wide i think Boyd would score loads!

Tell me what Cousin does playing up front himself that Boyd doesnt?? If anything Cousin is lazier!!!

Honestly mate, I think some of the Boyd lovers' eyes are painted on.

Better link up play? Are you joking?

You all know my take on Daniel Cousin, but he's a better all round player than Kris Boyd!

i'm going to bed, Ill continue this argument tomorrow.

I'll take comfort in that the people who matter agree with me. Walter, Ally and Kenny clearly don't deem him good enough, and that's all that matters.

I agree that Cousin has the better footballing skills than Boyd such as touch, control and hold up play but Boyd is a far better goal scorer who doesn't hesitate in front of goal like Cousin has done sometimes.

I don't see why Boyd couldn't fit in the 4-3-3 as Naismith & Burke are further up than Adam & Whittaker so he would have support.

I agree that Cousin has the better footballing skills than Boyd such as touch, control and hold up play but Boyd is a far better goal scorer who doesn't hesitate in front of goal like Cousin has done sometimes.

I don't see why Boyd couldn't fit in the 4-3-3 as Naismith & Burke are further up than Adam & Whittaker so he would have support.

Recently, when Boyd's played, he hasn't been great.

Missing penalties is just not the Boydy we know.