Cousin for the off?

McBoyd

Boyd couldn't do it in the CL, we only play with one. The defences would have a field day.

That is not entirely Boyds fault, that is down to Smith negative tactics. When was the last time we did start with 2 up front in Europe or SPL getting?

Herein lies the problem.

Why oh why should Rangers Football Club move heaven and earth to fit in Kris Boyd? The whole team played around him and only from since we signed him until Walter came in, and what have we won?

Players should fit into Rangers, the club shouldn't have to change all sorts to accomodate lazy, not good enough players, be it Boyd or Cousin..more likely both in the long term.

I've never once said that Rangers Football Club as you put should fit in with Boyd! I don't think we as a team should adapt for anyone player!

Both aforementioned players show the same traits of sheer laziness, it up to the players themselves to show fight and the motive to play for the club and neither do at this minute in time. Therefore, that reason alone we need another decent striker as JCD won't get us 20 plus goal no matter of the competition.

So this why it comes down to the management!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Cousin has the better footballing skills than Boyd such as touch, control and hold up play but Boyd is a far better goal scorer who doesn't hesitate in front of goal like Cousin has done sometimes.

I don't see why Boyd couldn't fit in the 4-3-3 as Naismith & Burke are further up than Adam & Whittaker so he would have support.

Recently, when Boyd's played, he hasn't been great.

Missing penalties is just not the Boydy we know.

No consistent run of games?

Everyone misses a penalty from time to time, not just Boyd.

I agree that Cousin has the better footballing skills than Boyd such as touch, control and hold up play but Boyd is a far better goal scorer who doesn't hesitate in front of goal like Cousin has done sometimes.

I don't see why Boyd couldn't fit in the 4-3-3 as Naismith & Burke are further up than Adam & Whittaker so he would have support.

When was his last goal?

I can't even remember.

When was his last goal?

I can't even remember.

Boxing day against Motherwell!

Boyd couldn't do it in the CL, we only play with one. The defences would have a field day.

When has Cousin done it??

One game in Lyon where he played out his skin as he had a point to prove!

Cousin is no better than Boyd, just a bit faster and maybe a wee bit better at holding off defenders. But Boyds link up play is much better and if we play 4-5-1 with Burke and Naisy out wide i think Boyd would score loads!

Tell me what Cousin does playing up front himself that Boyd doesnt?? If anything Cousin is lazier!!!

Honestly mate, I think some of the Boyd lovers' eyes are painted on.

Better link up play? Are you joking?

Nah mate im not joking, and maybe instead of accusing me of being blind you should stop being so negative about our players!

He has seriously upped his act this season, look back at the past 5games he has played in!

The Hearts and Kilmarnock games stick out for me! Boyd was shit hot against Kilmarnock and he didnt score. Set up Darchevilles goal and laid on another 3-4 great chances that game! Same against Hearts whenever we played the ball on the deck Boyd linked up with Naisy and Ferguson brilliantly! He was involved in McCullochs first goal but dissapeared in the 2nd half with the rest of our team!

People can say boyd was really lazy and didnt try all taht, but in recent games again he has been tracking back closing down defenders and chasing lost causes.

Rather than accuse people of being "Boyd lovers" or niave, people should consider that maybe he has changed or at the very least trying to change!!

When was his last goal?

I can't even remember.

Motherwell on Boxing Day I think.

coz i dont like cousin, hes also not got the heart to be a rangers player

at the very least id expect from a professional footballer is to WANT to play for his club

boyd not only wants to play for rangers, hes loves them and always has done

Cousin is no better than Boyd, just a bit faster and maybe a wee bit better at holding off defenders. But Boyds link up play is much better and if we play 4-5-1 with Burke and Naisy out wide i think Boyd would score loads!

Tell me what Cousin does playing up front himself that Boyd doesnt?? If anything Cousin is lazier!!!

Nah mate im not joking, and maybe instead of accusing me of being blind you should stop being so negative about our players!

He has seriously upped his act this season, look back at the past 5games he has played in!

The Hearts and Kilmarnock games stick out for me! Boyd was shit hot against Kilmarnock and he didnt score. Set up Darchevilles goal and laid on another 3-4 great chances that game! Same against Hearts whenever we played the ball on the deck Boyd linked up with Naisy and Ferguson brilliantly! He was involved in McCullochs first goal but dissapeared in the 2nd half with the rest of our team!

People can say boyd was really lazy and didnt try all taht, but in recent games again he has been tracking back closing down defenders and chasing lost causes.

Rather than accuse people of being "Boyd lovers" or niave, people should consider that maybe he has changed or at the very least trying to change!!

spot on buddy

at the very least id expect from a professional footballer is to WANT to play for his club

Mate, you and I love Rangers as well, but I reckon Cousin could do a better job!

I would love nothing more than 11 blue noses to run out on that park on a Saturday, but its not going to happen.

If we are willing to sacrifice ability for others simply because they love the club, then we won't progress as a team, in my opinion.

Ronaldinho or Kris Boyd? Ronaldinho. Does he love Rangers? Does he balls. Does he give 100%? Rarely.

I am equally as frustrated with Cousin when he shows a lack of interest, but to drop him for a poorer player for that reason is daft, I think.

.............mcgregor.............

hutton cuellar weir whittikar

burke tommo fergy naysmith

.........boyd couzin...............

seen as every one has different opinions on boyd n cousin, i wish watty would try sumit along those lines for a game

who knows, mabye cousin and boyd may benefit from playin alongside each other?

spot on buddy

More stuff to disagree with.

Better players will always rise above average ones, regardless of what you think or say.

Rangers, nowadays, is a proper business, not a fucking bluenose love-in. Hence why the better players will mostly be picked, bluenose or not.

The sooner this is understood, the better.

Oh, 1 more thing. I pay my hard earned to watch the Gers, and if I want to criticise someone that I believe isnae good enough, I will, so don't lay on the rubbish about being positive all the time, thanks very much.

spot on buddy

More stuff to disagree with.

Better players will always rise above average ones, regardless of what you think or say.

Rangers, nowadays, is a proper business, not a fucking bluenose love-in. Hence why the better players will mostly be picked, bluenose or not.

The sooner this is understood, the better.

Oh, 1 more thing. I pay my hard earned to watch the Gers, and if I want to criticise someone that I believe isnae good enough, I will, so don't lay on the rubbish about being positive all the time, thanks very much.

Better players do not always rise above average ones so i cant agree with that,

And players being better ia again a matter of opinion so we we will have to disagree again.

One thing i do agree with is your final point, i pay the same amount of money. probably more though. to watch Rangers and i have an equal right to criticise someone.

What you dont have the right to do is accuse me of being niave and blind just because we have a difference in opinion.

We will have to agree to disagree buddy.

Dont get me wrong there is no doubt Cousin on his day is a great striker i just think that Boyd is better!